User Tag List

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    LXR doesn't seem motivated. It's like she says "I won the Olympic Gold medal already, so I don't care about these other tournaments. I'll be ready for the next World Championships or Olympics"
    after 30 back-to-back wins and the Olympic gold medal, she is simply exhausted. It is good that she is taking it easy now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    LXR doesn't seem motivated. It's like she says "I won the Olympic Gold medal already, so I don't care about these other tournaments. I'll be ready for the next World Championships or Olympics"
    Hahaha! Seriously though, I'm a bit surprised the coaches are allowing her to slum it for this long... I haven't watched any of her recent performances, but does anyone thinks she has been trying out new approaches, or is she just being careless?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Hahaha! Seriously though, I'm a bit surprised the coaches are allowing her to slum it for this long... I haven't watched any of her recent performances, but does anyone thinks she has been trying out new approaches, or is she just being careless?
    Dont think she is trying out new approaches.. Why would she want to trade her dynamic style for a new apporach.. She is very good with both attacking, and also play long rallies and wait for an opportunity to punch..

It's just, people who expect her to just continue winning and winning..? after having this amazing season...? even after olympic gold.of course, there must come a stop to a streak like this. Yao Jie also flopped in her home tournament Dutch open, after olympic games, due to loss off form after such an event.

i watched all her tournaments since olympics. the only time it looked quite sloppy to me, was the very first tournament in denmark the loss against Schenk. but LXR is playing strong again now. maybe her stamina is a questionmark.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    Dont think she is trying out new approaches.. Why would she want to trade her dynamic style for a new apporach.. She is very good with both attacking, and also play long rallies and wait for an opportunity to punch..

Yes. LXR is by far the best WS player now.

But everyone is targeting her right now, studying her every potential weakness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she is still touring the country with her gold medal.

Name:  12110913123b5d5e9e01ae0f86.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  53.3 KB

Name:  12111000419e8ed5a8981c453b.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  52.0 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match between LXR and WSX last Sunday in CBSL. It starts at 31:00

http://v.gdtv.cn/html/ItemId80/2012-11-07/26369.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sophia_z11 View Post
    Match between LXR and WSX last Sunday in CBSL. It starts at 31:00

http://v.gdtv.cn/html/ItemId80/2012-11-07/26369.html
    Thanks a lot though only G1 was shown. Still, great to watch; fast-paced,high quality,exciting.

Heartening to see LXR in commanding form, noteworthy is her ability to feint and play well-disguised shots. And WSX continues to make substantial improvement, moving fast,playing with intensity, and,best of all, she can smash better now. I believe G1 should be just as good. Match won by LXR,21-16 and 21-17.

Also read that in the CBSL semi-final yesterday,LXR disposed of Inthanon Ratchanok in two straights,21-17 and 21-16, in a well-played match. Hope to catch the replay later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, why must Qingdao team ask RI to join them? they're lacking good WS players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    btw, why must Qingdao team ask RI to join them? they're lacking good WS players?
    Yes. Wang Xin used to play for Qingdao.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sophia_z11 View Post
    Yes. Wang Xin used to play for Qingdao.
    oh. and Wang Xin is all they have? i remember read somewhere that Qingdao is a team with many potential players?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, Qingdao Team won the CBSL twice before and they are the defending champion. If I'm not wrong,the national top tier players and foreigners don't come cheap and there's a limit to how many each team is allowed to have, which is why Cai Yun was unintentionally left out for there being no takers.

The Bayi - Qingdao return match (also known as Home/Away or Host/Guest ) should be interesting, on 1st Dec. By then Du Pengyu, who was rested yesterday in preparation for CHN Open next week, should be pitted against Lin Dan, then we'll see what form LD is in as they all take CBSL seriously.

LXR had to play yesterday because Qingdao is known to be very strong in their doubles (MD,WD,and XD) and ,true enough, Bayi only won the tie narrowly by 3-2 from wins by Lin Dan, LXR and XD(He Hanbin/FengChen beating Qiu Zhihan/Ma Jin, 21-19 and 21-18).

Edit: In my post #551 above, I meant only G2 of the LXR - WSX match was shown in the video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    IIRC, Qingdao Team won the CBSL twice before and they are the defending champion. If I'm not wrong,the national top tier players and foreigners don't come cheap and there's a limit to how many each team is allowed to have, which is why Cai Yun was unintentionally left out for there being no takers.

The Bayi - Qingdao return match (also known as Home/Away or Host/Guest ) should be interesting, on 1st Dec. By then Du Pengyu, who was rested yesterday in preparation for CHN Open next week, should be pitted against Lin Dan, then we'll see what form LD is in as they all take CBSL seriously.

LXR had to play yesterday because Qingdao is known to be very strong in their doubles (MD,WD,and XD) and ,true enough, Bayi only won the tie narrowly by 3-2 from wins by Lin Dan, LXR and XD(He Hanbin/FengChen beating Qiu Zhihan/Ma Jin, 21-19 and 21-18).

Edit: In my post #551 above, I meant only G2 of the LXR - WSX match was shown in the video.
    I read the rules again and realized I made a mistake about that. Ma Jin, Shen Ye, and Du Pengyu can not play on Dec. 1 at the same time because of the rules, so I think Qingdao will probably let Ma Jin and Shen Ye participate because they can win two matches easily.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match between LXR and Inthanon Ratchanok in CBSL.
    http://v.gdtv.cn/html/ItemId80/2012-11-11/26595.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was all the discussions about after LXR fall on the court? Was it about mopping of the court? The supervisor came on and there were long discussions and Ratchanok was just smiling and waiting...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    What was all the discussions about after LXR fall on the court? Was it about mopping of the court? The supervisor came on and there were long discussions and Ratchanok was just smiling and waiting...
    At 9-7 in G1, LXR slipped and fell while moving backwards. Not sure whether the shuttle landed in or out,she asked the umpire about it who after some discussion with the tournament director, I think, still awarded the point to IR instead of giving a let. Of course,the floor had to be mopped;luckily she wasn't injured;happily they moved on.

In this case,LXR was retreating to her left to retrieve a backhand return. More often than not, I see her turning to use her backhand which is unusual, more than other top 10 WS players. I should think it's better to use round-the-head forehand shots as far as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Li Xuerui Badminton 2012 Olympc Games champion signed shirt

Sorry if not appropriate in this thread...
    thank you and good luck Li...

Li Xuerui Badminton 2012 Olympc Games champion signed shirt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281024004269

S
    olibad team

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round the head forehand shots seems to be easy but it is difficult to execute. I dont find that much flexibility in lixuerui as if you find it in shixian. Shixian is excellent in round the head forehand shots whereas if li does it, she tend to make mistakes. Thats why she is going for backhand shot

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast