Yonex Ti-10 LTD vs Victor BS10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mizivincible, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Greetings,

As per title, any BC-er having experience for the comparison between the two rackets ? The specs are actually almost identical being headlight and stiff, and very good racket especially in doubles.

Let's get straight to the point, I bought the Ti-10 LTD yesterday and brought it up for a session last night, was immediately in love with it after few games (actually tried it several games before this from my friends and like it so decided to get one for myself) BUT **** happened it cracked after full smash mishit at 1 o'clock. Went back to shop and the owner willing to help to claim it but chances are 50/50. The soonest he said would take 3 friggin' months for the claiming progress (if the claim is successful)

After serious consideration, I think I wanna get another one, Ti-10 LTD, I just love the way I lift opponent's smashes, fast maneuvering around the court and the power it has for drives and smashes. One thing that put me off is Ti-10 is common for its frame strength being lower (RST 18-22lbs) and the sunken grommet.

But, BS10 keep on crossing my mind, even the shop owner recommended it as he said the closest thing to Ti-10 would be it. Now Im kinda torn between these 2.

So fellow BC-er, any advice ? BTW I have VT80 and Panda Power Ultra II in possession. No problem with both of it, but looking for something faster while pack with punch, and good against much faster opponents.

Ti-10, BS10, Ti-10, BS10 ...................

Please do help this poor less-than-2-hours Ti-10 ex-owner here, thanks guys !

2. mizivincible

Dang, should have posted it in Racket Recommendation/Comparison section. Feel so down currently due to the lost.

Sorry mods, appreciate if you move it to appropriate section. Thanks !

3. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Isn't BS10 bordering on head heavy?

4. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

I have owned both. BS10 is a very fast racquet, much faster than ti10. I had problems with the timing on BS10 when i first had it. but once you get used to it, its very nice to play with. however, the smash power is not as good as the ti10.

though ti10 is not as fast as BS10, its still quite an agile racquet. quick enough for doubles, no problems. coupled with the much better smash ability of this racquet, i personally prefer ti10.

Other areas for consideration is the durability of the racquets. My BS10 broke in half (3/9 o'clock point) after a clash with my partner. its not really that durable. as for ti10, i have only used it for a couple of months and have clashed a couple of time. still ok, but i guess too early to tell.

paint quality wise, BS10 gold paint comes off very easily. scoop the shuttle a few times with the racquet and the paint comes off. not so on the ti10.

some may prefer the BS10 for its quickness, so its all a matter of personal preference.

both are good, and different. hope this helps

#4 ksquared, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  5. mizivincible

Thanks for the insights guys, so BS10 is faster while Ti-10 has more punch. For me I find the Ti-10 is already fast enough, love the way its defense. Well here I thot both sharing the same characteristics.

Alternatively Im considering BS09 as well, and its cheaper than BS10.

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    MX80 for the WIN! :)

7. mizivincible

Ahaha, its way expensive than the formers. By MYR150-200.

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Really? Thats an artificially high price difference.

Anyway, i don't think you can go wrong with either the BS10 or Ti-10LTD. I'm biased so would go with the BS10, but the Ti-10 is certainly very handsome and a true classic.

#8 Maklike Tier, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011