Kuchai Ah Lee (formerly Bangsar Ah Lee)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by J_2010, Nov 9, 2011.

1. J_2010

J_2010 New Member

Just thought of sharing with everyone.

When to SP Ah Lee Shop in kuchai lama after receiving sms regarding high end Yonex shoe on discount RM99 (Original Price: RM399).

When I was there I look at the shoe, it is not the high-end Yonex shoe it is just same design as the high end but without power cushion wording outside the shoe. Plus the RRP by Sunrise is RM99 which further confirming it is lower-end yonex shoe with similar design. I have purchase a power cushion shoe from somewhere at discount but the RRP is written as RM399. It is highly unlikely Sunrise put discount price price tag in its product. Therefore, what you are getting is RRP instead of 70% discount. I believe if u were to go to AJ, KD u might get 20% discount ie cheaper----->ie. u got cheated by Ah Lee. :p

However, the staff will tell you that this is the high-end shoe with power cushion and pursue you that lots of ppl has purchased alredi and LCW or TBH is using it. But again this is ********......for those who has fall under this scam, bad luck.......:D

I post this up so that ppl will not fall for this false advertising and misleading statement by the staff over there.

2. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

but they are not bad people either... could be they are just ill-informed
    mr lee himself is a very nice guy to me... willing to share his knowledge to anyone for free
    fyi, i've only been to his shop twice... but he'd already offer me his 25+ years of experience on how to run the badminton business... eventhough i joked him that my shop will be in his 'territory'
    the old man really has a good business attitude... and i believe that is why his business still going strong even after he'd moved his shop to a remote location

and you know what... after that long chat... i manage to get my vh1800 with just rm150 :p

3. LoveeYouu

LoveeYouu Regular Member

Student
    Yeah. Agree that Mr. Lee is a very nice guy. But something annoys me the most is his wife. Her attitude is big big problem for me. Me and my friend was buying 20 tubes of shuttle.
    Since we are buying in bulk, so we are just trying our luck asking for a little bit discount. The little bit here is refering to maybe rm5 or rm10.
    Me and my friend were surprised with his wife reaction. She reacted strongly, with the voice raised. She told us, "Boss, selling the shuttlecock we didn't earn ANY money la, don't try to ask for discount already".
    She could have just told us nicely that the price is firm and no discount.
    And then in the end Mr.Lee gave us rm5 discount.

4. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

hahaa... couldn't agree more :D
    you know that there's one rule applicable to his & several other shops... example aj & e-sport
    never try to bargain when the 'tauke-so' is around :)

5. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    i second that sp lee is doing decent business!

6. XtremeCoolz

XtremeCoolz Regular Member

hey mind telling me the exact location of the shop? like beside the McD or wht? might be paying a visit thr soon..
    im just staying nearby but I don know they actually moved thr.. lol..

EDIT:
    stringing work in SP Lee good?

#6 XtremeCoolz, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  7. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Next to shell station. Ops kfc.

8. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    I am also a customer of SP Ah Lee and was a frequent visitor to his shop when it was located at Bangsar. However, relocation to Kuchai Lam causes me to visit less. Moreover, one of my friend had bad experience with the shop. Mr Lee's mother i believe scolded him for taking pictures of the shop. She could have told him nicely that taking photos inside the shop is not allowed.

Overall, i think Mr Lee is a nice guy and he has many stocks and unless I have many things to buy, I will defer my purchase because going to that shop is quite far away from where i stay.

9. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I will give my feedback as below:

1. They only provide low end rackets, if you are looking for something high end you do not need to go over there.

2. Shuttlecocks have always bought in bulk like 10-20 tubes, I always got discounts around RM3 per tube but it is depended on what shuttlecocks you are requested. However, found few times the shuttlecocks got defects, so always need to send back to claim back the money.

3. Stringing service is so far the best in KL I have tried, they can string 4 cod as well if you requested to them, since they used manual way to string, it is very good and can last very long for the racket to lose tensions, extensive game probably around 6 games later it will drop tensions. Much better than AJ, 1 match later cannot pakai oredi still claim they are very accurate on string.

So overall now these days I only go there to string and not buying anything anymore ~~

10. DingDang

DingDang New Member

Agreed that, their stringing service really good, i used thier service to stringing for me almost 15 years already, so i feel that thier service is good enuf for me.
    Ah Lee comes out special promotion very frequently, every time i go sure can get what i want with reasonable price..
    Last month my fren has bought 3 branded racket come with 3 grip + 3 string is only Rm200 for all. But i missed that promotion....haiz!!!
    But i get know next month there doin promotion again, this time i wont miss out again......05/05/2012
    Cheers..!!!

11. yasiryousuff

yasiryousuff New Member

Hi,

Can you pls share the full address and also the tel no of Kuchai Ah lee? thanks

12. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Hi, All,
    Any promotions at Ah Lee?

Rgds,,,

13. John JY Wong

John JY Wong Regular Member

Businessman
  14. John JY Wong

John JY Wong Regular Member

Businessman
    Went there today to get some shuttles, and noticed these few promos:

1. RM200 promotion : 3x racquet + string + grip. Brands: Yonex, Li-Ning, etc.
    I asked about Yonex, and they only have the MP series (likely to be stock clearance).

2. Taiwan-made Yonex racquets @ 29% off SRP. FOC Apac String + Yonex Grip.
    They didn't have Arcsaber 008, so I asked about NR60 and NR80, at RM180 and RM220 respectively.

They have other promos, but I didn't ask about them.

Ended-up only buying shuttlecocks. :)

15. sukab88

sukab88 Regular Member

I no longer trust their integrity.

Last time was impressed with their competitive price Eg. RM280 for Carbonex 21 with BG66 Grip and even a bag

However, last month when I went there with my friend as I needed a restring while my friend needed a new racket, found out about their dishonesty.

After recommending their 3 for RM200 racket to no avail, he recommended a prince triple threat 2400 orange colour with price sticker RM 299.90 where he offer 50% discount off. My friend brought it. Everything is well and good until...

I found out later that it's actually retails for RM 229.90 as advertised by most online retailer and also found the same retail price in Jusco.

Well, the price of RM 150 after discount is reasonable BUT jacking up the retail price to MISLEAD people that you are giving half price deal are just not the best way to build your reputation of a shop with good deals.

Its like you remove the Sunrise sticker retail price of RM 849.90 for lets say a armotec 900 and replace it with your own RM 1,200 and offer people half price. Still a reasonable deal but the intention to mislead you that its a half price great deal shows lack of business ethics!!!

Let's just say they have some reasonable deal BUT you can't TRUST what they tell you but to do your own research.

16. LoveeYouu

LoveeYouu Regular Member

Student
    Sent my racket (Yonex Arc-Zlash Taufik Hidayat) for warranty last year August 30th 2011. Said will get back to me once got news. Come one, it's been 1 year now. Every time I call him, he said still waiting news.

17. rawtiger

rawtiger Regular Member

Self Employed
    Like someone said earlier, if u r looking for high ends, any brands, for get about this shop!

18. J_2010

J_2010 New Member

Hey,

I thought I might share this online. When to AJ purchong last thursday to look for racquet, was looking at Kason F9 racket there and notice the paint job at the racket is blurring and the paint can be scrap off like using finger. I told the sales person over there, amazingly he took the racket back to store and return with a brand new one. Look at this, seems like AJ Mart Puchong is starting to sell fake racquet. I look at certain high end racquet on display i think the paint job is quite badly done as well in comparison with the similar racquet on display in other shop.

This further proves that is why AJ don't do warranty claim for the its customer as there is fake how to get warranty claim.

Those who is interested of going to AJ to purchase racquet. Good luck on purchasing the fakes in additions to they unprofessional stringing and staff manner.

Totally disappointing for AJ......don ever go there.

19. tm.tan

tm.tan New Member

student
    laterest news.RSL shuttle increase 2bucks.protech increase middle of sept.