Nanora 700 FX vs Meteor 70?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by xxdomination, Nov 10, 2011.

1. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

Which one is better for singles?

2. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Difficult to tell, cause only you can find the answer for yourself. Basically I would say, the Meteor should be better for singles... but its all about personal preference. I'm using Arc10PG for advanced mens double and mixed, while it is primary designed as a singles racket.

3. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

you know something. I was watching some of the I think 15-25 men year playing in the shatin regional badiminton competition in ma on shan. Quite a few had the mx80. Guess they like their stiff rackets.

So do you enter competition regularly? Especially since you are considering badminton as a full time occupation. Guess you must be quite good as well.

All the best on seeking your dreams :)

#3 ssgg007, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

Depends on how your play and what you currently use.

Right off the bat, i'd say MX70. you'd get more power from the extra flex (4/5 stiff) and heavy head (4/5) compared to NR700FX (5/5 stiff), (HL 2/5 HH).

You might be more accurate with the nanoray but it will take a lot of effort to if you keep on clearing/smashing and drain your stamina to use it especially if your rally is long.

NR is specifically designed for doubles, the thinner top head frame and thinker lower head frame is meant to reduce momentum for the "pullback" portion of the stroke for fast flat exchanges.

You can try the NR500 for singles as its medium flex to help your clears and smashes in singles game.