Racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sibi.thomas, Nov 11, 2011.

1. sibi.thomas

sibi.thomas Regular Member

I need some recommendation in buying a new racktet

Currently i use the yonex armortec 500(discontinued).
    i play doubles only
    i am a player who likes to smash mostly and sometime i try to place.
    i have hard time returning opponents smashes
    i play 2-3 times a week (2hrs)
    i am an intermediate player.
    budget is not a problem

the three rackets that i have in my mind are - Yonex armortec 900 P, Yonex NanoRay 700RP (Repulsion) & the Yonex Voltric 80 Limited Badminton Racket.

if someone can help me out i will appreciate it. Thanks ​

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Well first you put this in the wrong area.

You like to smash but you have a problem returning smashes, you'll have to go with something more even balance then. Possibly an arc 10 or a bs12. The vt80 and 900p arent really going to help with your defense since they are designed for smashing and not blocking, even though you like to smash. The nanoray will help your blocking but you'll lose your smashing power because it is head light. (imo)

If you're going to go with yonex then go with an arc10/ti10/at600 (not as hh as other ats)
    If you're interested in other brands like victor bs12/spira22 or wilson blx zonar

3. TiKok

TiKok Guest

Hi,

Playing in doubles with an head heavy stiff racquet, I assume you know how to defend with such tool.

If you go for AT900P or VT80, make sure that you're taking them in 4U as your AT500 is in 4U, otherwise you might have find yourself sluggish in defenses.

Out of those three I would go in doubles for NR700RP even it isn't head heavy and also as I used to enjoy AT500 :)

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

What about Kason Twister F9 which Fu Haifeng is using? :)

5. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

The armortec 900P is a good racquet but it will be discontinued in the near future. The VT-80 might be the best choice for something that's close in feel to what you are used to. I've never used the armortec 500 and I don't know whether it is a stiff, mid-stiff, or flex. If it is a mid or flex you may want to consider the VT-70.

I'm sceptical about this concept that a certain type of racquet is good for defence while another type is good for smashing. I'm a traditional head heavy user. Whenever I've tried headlight raquets I've found that my smash doesn't suffer but rather I have more trouble picking up smashes. I get to them fine but I find I lose a lot of control and power on the return of them. It seems to me that I need a bigger swing than with a head heavy raquet where I get a feel of stability and control and can return the smash and put the shuttle where I wan't to. I don't find that my reactions are any slower than the people using headlight raquets.

Of course, that's my own personal experience however, I also note that at the professional level some of the best defenders in the game use head heavy raquets. Also, with the introduction of the VT series I've seen a few pro doubles players move to head heavy raquets.

When you say you have trouble with returning smashes what do you mean specifically? Do you miss the shuttle outright or mishit it or, do you make solid contact with the shuttle but it doesn't go where you want it to go?

6. sibi.thomas

I feel like I don't have enough time to pick up the smashes .

7. sibi.thomas

thanks ..were am I suppose to post this