Can help me identify if my Li-Ning N90II is authentic/original?High-res Pics included

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by michaelbyz23, Nov 11, 2011.

1. michaelbyz23

michaelbyz23 Regular Member

Student
    hello everyone, i am a new member. i decided to join because i myself is a badminton player and looking for a forum to discuss about stuffs.
    i have just bought my new li ning n90ii last week from this guy, big.show414 from ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/180712193726?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

i know and aware that many of you think he is scammer and sell fake products. i hope i didnt buy the fake one though. i know its too late to ask, since i already buy it. but i just want to know, if any can help me out! thanks! :)
    and a short note, the sticker with authentic code is on the handle. it is just below the price tag sticker. i have wrapped my grip, so i couldnt show it.

here are some pics of my racket close up.

[​IMG]
    _MG_0323 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0321 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0325 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0326 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0334 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0329 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0338 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0339 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0345 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0343 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0346 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _MG_0347 by michaelbyz23, on Flickr

the painting jobs and everything is here... thank you for helping me out.!

2. michaelbyz23

Student
  3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    don't you think the paint looks really dodgy and the "S2" sticker really badly made (wrong font and bad placement)?
    the buttcap looks strange too

IMO, low grade fake

4. michaelbyz23

Student
    so you confirmed this is a fake racket? where can i check the authenticity of the racket? because the li ning website is no longer available.

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    even if you check your shaft serial on the li-ning website (which most likely pass through and say it's genuine)
    it does not guarantee your racket as genuine because lots of fake maker, copy the serials
    you can put the serial (in the website) as many times as you want and they will said it's genuine

for confirmation,
    I can't confirm as I don't have li-ning racket, but fake maker usually fail on few things:
    paint, butt cap, and logo

paint: badly made racket, the paint looks really awful
    butt cap: the S2 also looks dodgy
    logo: is that new li-ning logo? I can't confirm it

P.S: the grommet looks really cheap and bad

oh yeah!
    now I remember how to spot fake li-ning racket:

did you see the hexagonal part of the bottom frame?
    the grommet hole MUST be in the MIDDLE of the hexagonal part!
    ok.. sorry to say this, but it is confirmed: it's a FAKE racket

well.. I knew the seller sells fake Yonex, but no one buy li-ning from the and show it to me
    so I can confirm that big.show414 (on ebay) and badminton365 cannot be trusted as they sell FAKE products!

6. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Will you still be able to get your money back or have you had it for too long?

7. michaelbyz23

Student
    i hope to return this product but i dont think he accepts. cuz i had a small scratch at the racket after playing it.
    there's nothing i can do i guess. even if i return the product, he will exchange another one that is fake for me.
    If you're not pleased with your purchase, we'll be happy to make an exchange or refund the product price less S&H within 30 days of your purchase.

its really a bad day, why are people selling fake products nowadays.

or i guess its not fake, probably its because this is a patent pending product, or it does not pass the Quality control test of li ning manufacturer. then he takes all these and sell it cheaper?

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I don't think so..
    his Yonex definitely fake (wrong cone code and shaft serial)
    and I believe it would be the same with Li-ning that he sell
    the main thing is that the fake li-ning that he sells has much lower quality than the fake Yonex one

he also mention that he sell FAKE yonex in grade:
    grade B without internal T-joint, A with normal T-joint etc
    that means he is the one who manufacture the racket (as we know Yonex high end racket is made in Japan, not China, so therefore, there is no way he could get Yonex racket, even the one that does not pass QC)

rule for a manufacturer
    if it does not pass through Li-ning quality control (or wrong model). they CANNOT use li-ning name because it will destroy li-ning brand name (as bad quality product)
    I know it because my sister work in shoes manufacturing company before

he is blantanly said that this is genuine Li-ning, and use li-ning name (and sells such a bad quality product)

9. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

This is a very naive thought. There is no such thing as reselling of bad products that do not make it through the QC test. The reputed manufacturers of the high end badminton racquets usually scrap and destroy the whole batch if they find them not up to spec. This is what you call manufacturer's integrity. They do not care about the small quantities that do not make it through the QC test as these are only very minuscule portion of their entire produce in one day.

The same thing happens to ALL OTHER good quality product manufacturers. Would you expect for example, low quality and cheap Nokia, Apple and HTC etc. phones to be in the market, sold by eBay sellers to be genuine?

#9 Blitzzards, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. michaelbyz23

Student
    then what can i do?

11. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Return it for refund. As for the small scratch simply disregard it or claim that it is from a very light knock when you were storing it in your bag or something.

If it does not work then take it in as a lesson to never trust such sellers on eBay selling expensive racquets for such low prices. You have to remember that you yourself are the ambitious one in the beginning, thinking that you scored lucky to have found the racquet at such a low price, especially on eBay.

12. michaelbyz23

Student
    i just posted just now.
    If you're not pleased with your purchase, we'll be happy to make an exchange or refund the product price less S&H within 30 days of your purchase.

i cannot get a refund in terms of cash. but i can only exchange for another product, which will be another fake product. besides that, i have to pay for shipping. no point.

13. michaelbyz23

Student
    yea, i will just take it as a lesson. i paid almost $180 for that racket. which is like $40 different from the original racket. realyl wasted.

14. kennethtsp

kennethtsp New Member

Marketing
    To check the authencity of your Li-Ning rackets, you may log in to http://www.li-ning.com.cn/fwcx/ to check the serial numbers.

The font for S2 is wrong. The factory code is also not to be at the T-joint area. It should be opposite the Lin Dan's signature, just above the grip.

15. michaelbyz23

Student
    final.jpg

Thanks for providing the link. i just checked on the web and it says my product is genuine.
    First i key in the serial number. then i created a password (second window). after that i tried to key in the same serial number and the third window pop out. this means one serial number can only be validated or registered once.

yes, the factory code is opposite lin dan's signature. now i have no reason to worry abotu the authenticity of my racket.
    Thank you.

16. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so.. you are saying your racket is genuine??
    even the person who give you the link said it is not genuine

many people already confirm that Li-ning website (to check the code) cannot be trusted anymore to help you to identify if your racket genuine or not

#16 Avenger, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  17. williamgoh

williamgoh Regular Member

Factory
    As I know, the new logo N90II doesnt have code on the shaft near T-joint.

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you can refund the product
    what do you mean you cannot?

many people take refund from this guy after they know their racket is a fake racket
    it will be minus S&H (shipping and handling cost) maybe he will refund you around $150
    then you can buy a high end Yonex racket from trusted seller

19. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    As Avenger said you can get the refund, he says you can get an Exchange OR Refund. You may lose a little bit of cash after shipping but you will end up with money to buy a genuine racket.

He falsely advertised the product as genuine, so it doesn't matter if it has a little chip, it was false advertising in the first place.

20. michaelbyz23

Student
    The problem is, in order for me to get the serial code, I have scratched the sticker off. The sticker is on the handle, inside the wrapper. So I unwrap the plastic on the handle. Do you think I still can refund?