adding 2 pounds to the cross, even on six point support machines?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by asmd6230, Nov 13, 2011.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

hi guys,

just getting my hands wet with stringing.
    am using a six point support crank machine, do i need to add 2 pounds extra on the cross even with a six point support machine?

and secondly, every time i crank the string to tension, if i crank it again, i notice the crank distance is shorter on the second pull which im guessing is due tot he string stretching, so do i have to crank twice on every pull?

thanks for any and all the help chaps.

regards.

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Hiya
    Adding 2lbs or 10% is just an option. I have strung at 30 x 30lbs and 29 x 31lbs and the racquet hasn't deformed.

And yeah on the second pull it will be pulling the string with less stretch than the first. If you want to get close to the tension you want then you will need 3 pulls.
    The main thing is that you keep it consistent over the whole racquet. If you choose to do one pull, which is ok, it would be advisable to stretch the string before you start stringing.

Cheers

3. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

i see, explains why my very first restring on a PT v1.0 didnt feel like the 24 pounds that i strung it at. i pulled twice using yy n95. (plus i feel like n95 simply doesnt work for me.. just had a couple of packs to burn through).

i played with it last night and it didnt have the satisfying "snap" on hitting the shuttle.
    another racket strung by somebody else with yy n95 at 24 pounds feels a lot more tight and sorted.. also the string dont move nearly as much.

will pull three times on the next racket i string.

regards.

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Wrap the string at the middle around a solid pole/doorknob and pull on it for 15s, you should feel the string stretch and it'll remove a lot of the slack and save you an extra full using the tensioner.
    Might help you string a little quicker.