Restringing service in Plymouth, UK

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by chrisfong89, Nov 14, 2011.

1. chrisfong89

chrisfong89 Regular Member

Student
    Hi, i'm wondering if there are other companies that offer restringing in Plymouth. Currently, the only shop i know of, which is the one i always go to, is Intersport Tony Pryce. Unfortunately, the price of the service just went up to 12 pounds (with my own string) so i'm looking for cheaper alternatives if possible. I don't mind sending the racket somewhere else, as long as the price is affordable and the stringer is good. Also considering that royal mail only accepts rackets as standard parcel which costs 4.50 pounds. So help anyone? :crying:

2. charlotte_alice

charlotte_alice Regular Member

Customer Service
  3. chrisfong89

Student
    thanks... but that still is quite expensive for me. is that the usual price in the UK? back in malaysia, i can have it restrung for RM15, equivalent to 3 pounds. if that's 12 pounds is the regular price here then i guess i have to stop complaining! :D

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Hey, I can string for you if you like. I live in Leeds, but am working in Plymouth for at least two days almost every week. I am there Wed-Fri.

£12 isn't too bad a price though TBH, about average.

5. chrisfong89

Student
    cool! i'm really glad to find someone who is willing to help. because i've had friends complaining about the quality of stringing from tony pryce. if you're willing to help, of course we'll pay you for stringing. Usually we have our own strings. how much do you charge?