User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    Yup i think it comes in a bundle 2012 Olympic set which consist of a N80LTD with cover, racket bag, shirt, shuttlecock and string. Here's a link to view :

- http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Li-Ni...585266066.html
    that picture looks like the same racket tho, I'm talking about the one that has not, but will come out in 2013, as N80TD not N80LTD.

I saw that chinese promo image somewhere, or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    pls go find a chance to hold both rackets and have a few swings in hand if possible, i'm sure you'll lean towards N80 if you do that.

also when someone says BS LYD is a head heavy racket, then u need to really look into what he means, as BS LYD is never a head heavy racket at all, compared to VT80/N80/N90
    According the official specs: Balance:HH○●○○○HL
    So, BS LYD is head heavy...
    I have never said it's head heavy like VT80. If you would have read my posts before, you'd know that I rate VT80 and N90 as "real" head heavy. While N80 and BS LYD are head heavy but not that heady heavy like the N90 at all. BS LYD also has a HH-balance point.
    Whatever. BS LYD doesn't feel really head heavy, but it is.

The N80 can't generate enough power for singles. Like the BS LYD. (Little) head heaviness doesn't mean automatically more power.
    It's just a fact, but not a guarantee for more oomph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    Hmmm meaning the N80 feels very similar to BS-LYD ?
    Already own a 3U LYD and thinking to try out N80 as well.
    Play mostly double games and preference on fast pace drive shots / placement instead of smashes.
    I do find hard to clear with LYD at times. Not sure if is the stiffness or lack of weight ... or simply technique issue hahaha
    N80 is nothing like the BS LYD... I have both racket, rather had since I've sold off my LYD... N80 wins hands down compared to LYD in terms of power, I had them both strung with the same string and tension and clearing for me takes effort with the LYD while the N80 takes no effort at all, smashes with the N80 is much much better than LYD... The only thing LYD is superior to the N80 is defense as it's faster but keep in mind the N80 isn't slow... But N80 wins in all other aspects hands down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    N80 is nothing like the BS LYD... I have both racket, rather had since I've sold off my LYD... N80 wins hands down compared to LYD in terms of power, I had them both strung with the same string and tension and clearing for me takes effort with the LYD while the N80 takes no effort at all, smashes with the N80 is much much better than LYD... The only thing LYD is superior to the N80 is defense as it's faster but keep in mind the N80 isn't slow... But N80 wins in all other aspects hands down...
    Thanks for sharing and appreciated the info. I did consider N80 before getting LYD last time.
    Juz that N80 price is kinda steep and hard to find a used ones.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    According the official specs: Balance:HH○●○○○HL
    So, BS LYD is head heavy...
    I have never said it's head heavy like VT80. If you would have read my posts before, you'd know that I rate VT80 and N90 as "real" head heavy. While N80 and BS LYD are head heavy but not that heady heavy like the N90 at all. BS LYD also has a HH-balance point.
    Whatever. BS LYD doesn't feel really head heavy, but it is.

The N80 can't generate enough power for singles. Like the BS LYD. (Little) head heaviness doesn't mean automatically more power.
    It's just a fact, but not a guarantee for more oomph.
    You know Victor's specs are a bit random, dont you? The BS09 is rated 3/5 for both - and when I measured the BP, it was 5mm head heavier than the BS LYD. Might have been an untypically head light LYD, but at the most, it's just as head heavy/light as the BS09.
    And once more - there is no such thing as 'can't generate enough power for singles'. It just means your swing style is not suited to a head light/balanced racket. There are many players using NS or Arc7 rackets in singles, which aren't head heavy either. You just gotta have the technique and a suitable swing style to get the power out of them.
    Not to question your judgement, but weren't you the guy who started playing like 6-8 months ago? In a club, I mean, not doodling around with friends. In that case, it's highly unlikely you'll already have the necessary technical skills to use lighter rackets comfortably (as they require better timing and more pronation/gripping action than heavier rackets). Once more, this is not to question your skills or judgement, but rather an explanation why you might not get the most out of even balanced rackets.

(Btw, for those who think they don't offer enough power - have you seen Xu Chen and LYD smash with those things? )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're right. It's wrong to say "racket xyz can't generate enough power". Of course N80 and BS LYD can generate power.
    I should have said something like: "I can't generate enough power with it in singles." But don't leave out my earlier posts about its performance in doubles. It's a very good racket in doubles. It's just not my cup of tea when using it in singles.

So, I'd like to see some respect(?) to opinions from every individual person here.

It's okay to question about someone's skill - as long as you're questioning it in a normal way how you did it, j4ckie
    You're absolutely not wrong. But I wouldn't rate me that low No intention to say how good I am, but we already did pretty good before we began badminton seriously. Whatever, there's no point I want to mess with someone here, because I'm pretty sure that I'm not above average here.
    But to swap back to the topic, it's not false to review a racket as an intermediate player, isn't it?

What I also like to mention is: If a racket is slightly head heavy, it is still head heavy, right? so if BS LYD slightly head heavy, what's wrong if I'm saying head heavy BS LYD? I absolutely know that the head heaviness of BS LYD is absolutely nothing compared to N90, because I own both of them. But it's still head heavy, isn't it? I know, nitpicking...

I'm not alone with the opinion about N80's performance in singles: Click

However. There's nothing I have or should add to this. I just wanted to share my opinion to some members here. I hope at least some members will appreciate the different opinions about the N80. No matter what the writer's skill is as long he can judge objectively and as long he's writing for the community here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I did remember right.....anyhow, glad you responded so honestly and didn't take offense.
    You're totally right, it's actually great to have people of all skill levels judging rackets (as Pro really don't give much honest feedback as they're sponsored by company XY and wanna promote that company, and also are on a completely different level).
    The important thing, however, is that you should always mention your skill level/preference as soon as you're not talking about objective data like stiffness/balance/... anymore. Even then, people of different levels and preferences can feel different about those things that should be objective.
    Alright, nothing to add to this, I think. Didn't have a problem with your judgement of the racket, but it should always be seen in the right context. I can pretty much guarantee you that my judgement would be rather different, as I'm leaning towards head lighter rackets than you seem to, and probably have a pretty different swing as well. My BS12 is actually ranking towards the top concerning power for me, which is not true for a large portion of players

Oh, and concerning the HH-issue with the LYD - have you measured the BP without added grip/strings? Pretty much all rackets these days are between 285mm and 310mm, so a head light racket doesn't really have the BP near the handle. The BS LYD I had over for testing was, as I mentioned, 5mm head lighter than the BS09, and would thus be even balanced or even head light. It's possible I got a rather head light piece, as production isn't 100% accurate and there are variations to both weight and BP, but quality control should ensure that there's a 5mm difference only between the head heaviest and head lightest pieces of one model.
    The LYD is really not head heavy. Victor's official specs have been rather inconclusive - there has been a real armada of 4/5 HH 4/5 S rackets lately, still they are (or should be^^) rather different. As most of the players are leaning towards slightly head heavy rackets these days, maybe they think they can sell more rackets this way. No idea. But fact is that you can't trust those specs, as they can be very misleading. (an example would be the BS LYD vs BS09 vs SW36 - both LYD and 36 have two 4/5 ratings, but are completely different. The BS09 should be noticeably head lighter than the LYD, but is head heavier....)

Alright, now that I got that out of my system, we should really get back to topic....if you wanna discuss this further, pm me rather than filling up this thread with non-N80 discussions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    that picture looks like the same racket tho, I'm talking about the one that has not, but will come out in 2013, as N80TD not N80LTD.

I saw that chinese promo image somewhere, or maybe I'm just imagining things.
    I wasn't imagining

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N80TD where TD = Take Down, whatever that means @_@

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anybody compare the stiffness of the n80 to an arc10 or a voltric 80? I was recommended to switch from my voltric 80 to something with a softer shaft to take stress off of my shoulder. Any helps appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N55 is a nice racket nt so stiff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Everything View Post
    N55 is a nice racket nt so stiff
    Haha a little late but thanks that's what I chose in the end! XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's Li-Ning 80 compared to Victor Bravesword 10? do these two rackets have similar performance & character?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Can anybody compare the stiffness of the n80 to an arc10 or a voltric 80? I was recommended to switch from my voltric 80 to something with a softer shaft to take stress off of my shoulder. Any helps appreciated
    IMHO, VT80 has the stiffest shaft among those three while N80 and Arc10 are about the same. However, Arc10 with CS Carbon Nanotubes at the sides of its frame make the string bed more elastic to generate the catapult effect.
    In terms of shaft stiffness : VT80 > Arc10 = N80
    In terms of frame stiffness : VT80 > N80 > Arc10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any difference between the N80 & N80 TD? Aside from the paintjob?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there N80 TD? what does TD mean?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast