User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Broken rackets - wrong tensions

    Name:  IMG_1759.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  65.3 KBHi,
    I play 6-8 hours/week and within 3 weeks I have broken 3 rackets, Voltric 80, Arcsaber 10 and Arcsaber Z-slash. All 3 are 21 vertical and 23 horizontal. There is no collision, just mishit the plastic in the top (12 o´clock). Do you think there is guarantee for this?

    Before I never have broken a racket when I string 22 pound verical and horizontal. Does the +2 pound in the cross make it easier to broke?
    I only played with the Voltric for 6 months, Arcsaber 10 for 2 month and the Z-slash for 3 weeks. I have talk to the shop but they don´t think Yonex will replace. Sorry for my bad english Name:  IMG_1762.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  56.8 KBName:  IMG_1764.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  56.0 KB

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a common issue, usually due to poor mounting / string job... Definitely consider to switch to a more reputable stringer.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You broke 3 high-end Yonex Racket?!?

    I dont think 21-23 lbs high enough to make it.


    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    This is a common issue, usually due to poor mounting / string job... Definitely consider to switch to a more reputable stringer.
    I agree with LazyBuddy, I think it's due to poor string job.

  4. Likes fiq_axis liked this post
  5. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use to look when he string my rackets and it looks ok, but I have no experience and knowledge of stringing. I use BG66UM for the last 6 months and it breaks within average 5 hours in court. Is that maybe also poor string job? Always break the string in 10-11 o´clock.

    He is not use to string thin strings like BG66UM, the strings he have is 0,70 gauge. The first 2 times the string didn´t break but get through the nods. Now he makes 4 nods instead of one.

  6. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    This is a common issue, usually due to poor mounting / string job... Definitely consider to switch to a more reputable stringer.
    count me in too..i'm also agree with LazyBuddy..
    21x23lbs tensions are too low to broke up Yonex's high end rackets.
    I strung my 3 VT80's with Yonex Approved Stringer using BG66UM @ 28x29lbs and never had an issues with this.
    I'm sorry for your fallen heroes~
    THREE high end YY rackets are broken~

  7. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you also think it is poor stringing job

    Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    count me in too..i'm also agree with LazyBuddy..
    21x23lbs tensions are too low to broke up Yonex's high end rackets.
    I strung my 3 VT80's with Yonex Approved Stringer using BG66UM @ 28x29lbs and never had an issues with this.
    I'm sorry for your fallen heroes~
    THREE high end YY rackets are broken~

  8. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cheras, Malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    feel sorry for u.
    for 21x23 tenstion to low to damage the yonex racket..
    maybe wrong mounting during stringing.. and look at the crack shape all of it have same shape..
    and lucky you string below warranty tension..you could send it for claim...
    and make sure you string it with another stringer once you got your replacement... ..

  9. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thaisilk View Post
    Do you also think it is poor stringing job
    yeap...obviously..
    look at the the crack patterns. It's all same isn't? at the same place, and a same patterns.
    my advice, buy a new racket and strung your rackets with official approved stringer.

  10. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don´t need to be sorry for me. Yonex will replace AR10 and Zslash
    Quote Originally Posted by awekuda View Post
    feel sorry for u.
    for 21x23 tenstion to low to damage the yonex racket..
    maybe wrong mounting during stringing.. and look at the crack shape all of it have same shape..
    and lucky you string below warranty tension..you could send it for claim...
    and make sure you string it with another stringer once you got your replacement... ..

  11. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thaisilk View Post
    I use to look when he string my rackets and it looks ok, but I have no experience and knowledge of stringing. I use BG66UM for the last 6 months and it breaks within average 5 hours in court. Is that maybe also poor string job? Always break the string in 10-11 o´clock.

    He is not use to string thin strings like BG66UM, the strings he have is 0,70 gauge. The first 2 times the string didn´t break but get through the nods. Now he makes 4 nods instead of one.
    The type of string should be a none factor, and the string pattern should not eithere, if applied correctly. The breakage is mainly due to mounting at the 6, 12 clock position. Overstrech + tightly go against the post (without spreader) is usually the main cause.

    Overall, repeat breakage at the same position and poor knotting skill prove this stringer is eithere inresponsible or inexperienced with badminton racket, or mostly both.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 09-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.

  12. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much did u bought this racket ? usually this kind of racket got not original one....they are made as high quality racket.....I've got 1 Arc Saber Z Slash and Arc Saber Z Slash Taufik Hidayat Version That I Bought At Rm100.......I break the Arc Saber Z Slash after Strung at 26Lbs and playing like 1 hours...after that I got the Warranty so they changed it to Arc Saber Z Slash TH.....I Strung this racket at 22Lbs...and due to my strong smashes its only hold for 2 day of usage and it break again....so I think maybe you bought a high qualities racket...not an Original....Sorry to say....

  13. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Def the string job - they have all cracked at the fixing point.

Similar Threads

  1. broken racquet - what went wrong?
    By danner in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 04-07-2008, 12:31 PM
  2. 2 different tensions on a isometric rackets?
    By reiyne in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 3
    : 05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
  3. string tensions on yonex rackets
    By yonexfanatic in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 1
    : 08-17-2005, 01:08 AM
  4. String Tensions On 1 and 2 piece rackets
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 10
    : 06-25-2001, 02:08 PM
  5. Re: Yonex rackets and String Tensions
    By Windy in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 04-15-2000, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •