Best doubles racket from Victor?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ambushes, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

Hey guys.
    I'm in China and i'm on a badminton spending spree.. so yeah. I've already purchased quite a bit, including the MX80.
    I've received a ridiculous amount of money from relatives (they don't let you leave until you take it :p) so i'm going to try to get a doubles racket.

I want a racket with great defence that can still deal out a good smash. I know the MX80 is great in that aspect, but i'd like something even better.
    For any reference, i love the NS9900. I would buy it but Victor rackets are significantly cheaper.

I'm currently thinking SW35, SW36, BS09, BS10, or BS11.
    (Possibly SW37 + BS12 if i can find them.)

2. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    If you like the NS9900 you might wanna go BS10. It's even balance and stiff. Very good combo for fast maneuvering and defense.

3. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

Hmm.. is the BS10 or the NS9900 better when it comes to offence?
    I'm aware they're both the best you can get when it comes to defence, but which would be better for smashing?

The problem with the BS10 is that it's very similar in price to the NS9900 LTD here.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The BS10 is the closest equivalent to the NS9900. Less stiff version would be the BS12. I think the BS10 would have a slight offensive edge over the NS9900. (I've owned both).

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    My source told me that Yonex and Victor are at nearly the same price, right?
    I would choose Victor because you can string it with high tension and warranty.

6. radmaszeal

radmaszeal Regular Member

engineer
    using a sw36, very easy racket to use, good defense. swing speed quite fast even though it isnt aero framed like the bs series.

7. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

You already have the racket you are looking for.

Because you like the 9900 as well, usually means you like the stiffer rackets, so BS12 and SW37 will throw off your natural swing. If you want something faster, the BS10.

We all wish we can have the cake and eat it too haha.

I own/have owned almost all the previous victors, bs08, bs09, bs11, bs10, MX80 and sw35. for my main rackets its either MX80 or SW35 but I play an attacking style (prefer the backcourt vs the front). For those odd days when I feel like playing placement and defense, nothing comes close to the BS10 BUT you can't get as much power from it vs the MX80 and especially the SW35.

If you are looking for less stiff models, sorry I can't comment as I personally don't play well with the "swing" the flex gives me.

my 2 cents.

8. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

Indeed i enjoy the NS9900, but i also enjoy using the Arcsaber 7 which is rated medium stiff i believe. Maybe i can adapt easily? Not sure.

As for the purchase, i gave in and picked up the BS12. Something about it caught my attention. The swing is considerably faster than the MX80, so it seems pleasing so far. Can't wait to test it out today.
    It's also a very attractive racket; pictures don't do it justice.

#8 Ambushes, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah, the BS12 is a decent racket. Hope you have a fast swing because it's pretty headlight and I just couldn't get any power out of the thing.

10. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

First impression : weak as hell. A little too weak, it's unusual.
    Hit about 4 clears in total before looking at my strings in dismay; they snapped. In literally less than 30 seconds, no exaggeration, the strings had broken. I don't know if it's the stringers part (probably. can never depend on women :p) or if the racket is defective in some way.
    Going to bring it back to the store tomorrow. I expect a free restring.

Just my luck :p

11. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

should have gone for the BS10 then :p

12. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

New strings, VS-800 at 25lbs.
    Racket is pretty good so far. Only negative point i can think of is that it's not exactly forgiving if you don't hit the sweet spot.
    Don't have much difficulty producing power, so great racket. Similar to NS9900 but a bit more powerful imo.