User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJS/LYD won and will play a well rested CY/FHF tomorrow. Should be exciting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung Jae-sung/Lee Young-dae simply the best to stop team-mates Ko Sung-hyun/Yoo Yeon-seong, 21-10 / 21-9 in just 23 mins, no wasting energy for super match tomorrow against their arch-rival

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis123 View Post
    Excuse me, you can't even spell 'Sydney'. I am not talking about myself is up in the middle of the night, but 'A lot of people' in the other part of the world... A lot of people get up working at 6am...if you can't get up at 6am to watch, then shut up...
    I'm afraid you two are missing and misunderstanding each other's point (even bringing up typo errors). Relaxed,no need to be personal about it. BWF is for badminton. Before, there weren't youtube,now they have. If it's not good enough,they will improve, and it will come. All those website free streaming are also trying to cash in on it but for lack of sponsorship,they could only do this much. Where there's money to be made or somebody is willing to sponsor them for whatever reasons,they will gladly do it to delight the viewers. Let's wait and see. We all look forward to it. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The production is for TV, not for their YouTube channel which is simply a bonus channel to reach a broader audience with no tv coverage. What channel is going to show 10 badminton matches??
    Some HK channel should be the host broadcaster and if they only produce 5 matches for the international feed there is not much BWF can do ...

Free coverage, still complaining ... I missed it completely starting at 6AM in the morning here
    They should change their marketing strategy.
    I do know many people who would even pay to watch the SS events live in good quality.
    Idk but i would be happy to pay like 5€ / event or month if they start to garuantee a quality live stream or TV Channel for at least one court on Friday for the QF, the whole Semis and Finals...maybe 10 matches on Thursday as well.
    On the other hand idk any numbers and what is behind streaming or broadcasting an TV channel, thatīs why i have no idea how realistic this idea ist...
    Maybe you guys can give us some input for this topic / idea!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I'm afraid you two are missing and misunderstanding each other's point (even bringing up typo errors). Relaxed,no need to be personal about it. BWF is for badminton. Before, there weren't youtube,now they have. If it's not good enough,they will improve, and it will come. All those website free streaming are also trying to cash in on it but for lack of sponsorship,they could only do this much. Where there's money to be made or somebody is willing to sponsor them for whatever reasons,they will gladly do it to delight the viewers. Let's wait and see. We all look forward to it. Cheers!
    Thanks for being the middleman, however, I wasn't the one who started it. I was trying to share my opinions with other badminton fans here and I don't need criticism. I respect other opinions and hope others will do the same to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis123 View Post
    Thanks for being the middleman, however, I wasn't the one who started it. I was trying to share my opinions with other badminton fans here and I don't need criticism. I respect other opinions and hope others will do the same to me.
    You are welcome. That's right,share and respect each other's opinion. I agree with you that BWF can do more, why show only the afternoon matches on youtube and not the evening's? I believe we aren't the only ones complaining,they will listen. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The onus is on ZN/ZYL again to take on Fischer/Pedersen tomorrow. This Danish pair is on a roll and has become the main contender for OG'12

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so lin dan decide to play as 2nd seed in OG?
    cl need to slow down a bit then
    hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The onus is on ZN/ZYL again to take on Fischer/Pedersen tomorrow. This Danish pair is on a roll and has become the main contender for OG'12
    if the OG is within the next couple of months then they should be. but unfortunately they shown their hands too early as the surprise element will be gone by next Aug and give others more time to prepare to play against them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD too good. BWF seems inexperienced. Anyway, life goes on. No more strength to comment much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    just like what i said. poor the korean will battle to get into the final.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    you're kidding yourself, it will be a 2 games affair LYD/JJS to win in about 35-40 mins
    Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    we'll see...........
    what did i said? 23 mins for 2 games to be precise.
    this is team work, mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree. OG represents the highest status that a player can achieve, and every player wants to play there. People ask for fairness so that every country is involved, but it can be extremely unfair at an individual level when even as a top 3 or 4 Chinese player is barred from participating while an unheard from the bottom of the list is allowed for a one-round trip. It's irritating to see so many walk-overs, but they are just making most of the rules. And I agree that any other country would most probably do the same if they were in the same dominance status as China is today in badminton, or even further would simply ask for a change of the rules since such a country is highly unlikely to be only powerful in sports.

Just maybe
    1) Lin Dan says he's not interested to play Chen Long tomorrow;
    2) Chen long says he's not ready to play Lin Dan yet and don't wish to waste and, in the process, reveal his new-found tactics/techniques on his compatriot; so
    3) Chen Jin says : Is it my fault they both don't want to play each other? Blame it on Lee for not beating Lin this afternoon; and
    4) LYB just shrugs his shoulder as if to say : what's it got to do with me?

On the topic of Li YB, I must say frankly and objectively (and get flamed by some of you for saying this), which country wouldn't want a LYB who can deliver such magnificent results and achievements without breaking any rules and regulations;otherwise,why would coaches TXH,Xia XZ, ZN, etc continue working and be associated with him? I guess the only solution is for the other countries to produce a few more players capable of challenging China's dominance. For all you know,any other country in China's shoes might have done the same, all in the name of national interest,glory and fame. (Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion,let's agree to disagree).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    JJS/LYD won and will play a well rested CY/FHF tomorrow. Should be exciting.
    hehe,just posted this in the proper thread
    since there is a latest walkover received,so i do one for their career since 2007
    cai/fu against other country player against own country player
    play until finish 191 12
    receive/concede retired or walkover 2 7
    % 1.03% 36.84%

we can see that,in the match involve cai/fu against their own teammate,there is more than 1/3 chance it will be a walkover or retired
    let see tomorrow if the well rested cai/fu can beat lee/jung or not,hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hanser View Post
    you're on the way to becoming the Oracle, its not difficult to see the reasoning for your predictions. now for the matter, since MD Fu/Cai were given rest by walkover, i certainly hope the korean coach do not adopt this ugly, disrespectful, blatant disregard for sportmanship/fans, attitude of the Chinese coach. but who can blame him if he does, he is forced into it by LYB.

All I know is that LYB has managed to make the whole world hate chinese badminton team. (i am a big big fan of fu/cai, but i want to spit in their head coach face!)
    Be careful with what you say.

Fans of the CHN team will come after you with vengeance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe,just posted this in the proper thread
    since there is a latest walkover received,so i do one for their career since 2007
    cai/fu against other country player against own country player
    play until finish 191 12
    receive/concede retired or walkover 2 7
    % 1.03% 36.84%

we can see that,in the match involve cai/fu against their own teammate,there is more than 1/3 chance it will be a walkover or retired
    let see tomorrow if the well rested cai/fu can beat lee/jung or not,hehe.
    I cannot see the difference between a WO and a mere practice match in public with teamates in 23 mins., except put on a show or no show...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You are welcome. That's right,share and respect each other's opinion. I agree with you that BWF can do more, why show only the afternoon matches on youtube and not the evening's? I believe we aren't the only ones complaining,they will listen. Cheers.
    And what exactly should they be showing? That 400x300 BWIN stream ? You are under the false impression the broadcast is produced for the YouTube channel ... Is not the host organizer responsible for contracting the host broadcaster?I mean the All England is always produced by Sunset & Vines (or something like that) Only less than a year ago everyone was looking for some obscure p2p streaming software for crappy CCTV and Guandong streams and now already they want the whole arm?

In any case, if you have an opinion about BWF: send it to BWF

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    I cannot see the difference between a WO and a mere practice match in public with teamates in 23 mins., except put on a show or no show...
    Well there's a surprise
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-19-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But to be clear: I think we all share the same opinion, the more streaming the better. I wish every single match was streamed but in the end you still have to be realistic about it and at least be aware of some of the factors in play. No offence intended osiris, just getting weary of reading someone different each week wishing the BWF would do this or the BWF would do that when it's not even fully in their control . And tv production costs quit some amount of money which the host organizer have to put up I believe; BWF does have some guidelines but it seems most host organizers opt for the bare minimum. But taking the Denmark Premier SS, according to some documents a BWF Executive TV Producer should have been on scene to assist/interfere (only for the Premier's) and yet they didn't show that 6th match between Gade and Axelsen on the international feed eventhough it was still recorded and broadcast on local tv so not completely sure about the details involved (certain documents don't seem to be available online).

18. Likes kwun liked this post
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast