User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The debate has shifted to who speaks better in interviews, can someone post some video so we can compare. Let compare their girlfriends/wifes, or maybe sponsors too? Im curious to know what kinda of money they are pulling in on a yearly basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. Taufik was also clever in playing badminton but his energy-consuming playing style relies too much on his fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    Exactly, that is my point. We should not make too much out of interview skills.
    But it is fair to say that when playing badminton LD is indeed clever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by braids View Post
    I would not think either cleverness or interview skills has much to do with education. Even a PhD can appear to be kinda stupid in an interview.
    Agree. Education level is no indication of verbal flair. I remember our second Prime Minister. When he first appeared on TV, I thought he was made of wood. Then they put him on intensive training with a speech coach. He is now passable but I wouldn t want to see him speak on TV. When you meet sales people, you can t judge their education level because a lot of smooth sales talk is trained and rehearsed until it s second nature. But when you are close to a head coach like LYB, it s difficult not to be savvy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan definitely speaks Min-Nan-Hua, but I am not sure about Chen Long. Chen Long was born in Hu Bei Province, which also has Li Na, and many other famous athletes. Hu Bei Province is also very strong in Badminton as well, like Han-Ai-Ping in early days.

Chen Long was recruited by Fu Jian Province at age of 9. I don't know how much he could pick up Min-Nan-Hua after age of 9. The badminton team may speak Mandarin there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, zerosum. I was always told he was from Fujian.
    How can a kid of 9 be recruited by a province! That shows why CHN team produces so many good players : they nurture them from such an early age!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    I am sure you will see a "Superb Dan" in OG 2012.
    Too early said like that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can a kid of 9 be recruited by a province! That shows why CHN team produces so many good players : they nurture them from such an early age!
    Indeed, they are (China) the Super Power in badminton. That's why their players were so freely to do fixing match in a tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW speaks at least 3 languages (not counting dialects yet).. how many languages does lin dan and company speaks? taufik? only other multilingual top 5 that i know of is Gade.... (correct me if i am wrong)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where're the videos for the interviews? please post the links here. let's see who's word smarter?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW in his best form but LD can still dominate him.

Above topic title is still not totally true.

1. Dato' at his BEST FORM vs LD at his NOT BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 60% > 40% LD . Likely Dato' will win in straight set in which none of the both set LD defeated below 10.

2. Dato' at his BEST FORM vs LD at his BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 45% > 55% LD . Ld will win in a tight > 1 hour decider.

3. Dato' at his NOT BEST FORM vs LD at his BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 30% > 70% LD . MOST likely ld will win in straight in which one of the set, Ld will probably thrash Dato' below 10

4. Dato' at his NOT BEST FORM vs LD at his NOT BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 45% > 55% LD . likely ld will win in straight set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD schooled LCW in the 2nd and 3rd set today. Unbelievable. This is the same LCW that was crusing with ease in the tournament, dispatching Sho Sasaki and Kenichi Tago in 2 easy sets, not to mention his easy win over Peter Gade at the 4 Kings tournament.

I think LD was holding back some of his ability in reserve too. Again, LD did not go all out smashing against LCW (compared to the Olympics) but was content to play defense against LCW. LD was playing as "Superb Dan" today rather than "Super Dan." This is problematic for LCW because at the Olympics next year, we will once again see the "Super Dan" who will come out smashing - how can LCW stop "Super Dan" if he cannot even stop "Superb Dan"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Lin Dan's games have become much more mature. An all-out smashing match can be demanding to him at his age plus the danger of injuries, although I believe he can still do it if he wants. It's perhaps also not the smartest way to play "hard to hard" against an aggresive player like LCW nowadays. He just seems to have more weapons in hand and is able to change his tactics easily whenever he needs to, while LCW just follows and stays behind.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    LD schooled LCW in the 2nd and 3rd set today. Unbelievable. This is the same LCW that was crusing with ease in the tournament, dispatching Sho Sasaki and Kenichi Tago in 2 easy sets, not to mention his easy win over Peter Gade at the 4 Kings tournament.

I think LD was holding back some of his ability in reserve too. Again, LD did not go all out smashing against LCW (compared to the Olympics) but was content to play defense against LCW. LD was playing as "Superb Dan" today rather than "Super Dan." This is problematic for LCW because at the Olympics next year, we will once again see the "Super Dan" who will come out smashing - how can LCW stop "Super Dan" if he cannot even stop "Superb Dan"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    I believe Lin Dan's games have become much more mature. An all-out smashing match can be demanding to him at his age plus the danger of injuries, although I believe he can still do it if he wants. It's perhaps also not the smartest way to play "hard to hard" against an aggresive player like LCW nowadays. He just seems to have more weapons in hand and is able to change his tactics easily whenever he needs to, while LCW just follows and stays behind.
    agreed you would be naive and not know much about badminton if you think more smashing = win match faster.

smashing at LCW all the time is NOT the way to beat him
    LCW's defence is awesome and a fully committed smash leaves you very exposed to the CC defensive block, faster the smash = less time to recover to your base position and retrieve the net block. LD is not so foolish to smash it every time. not only does it use unnecessary energy, but it can leave you feeling frustrated (cos LCW will return the smash more often than not) and leave you exposed to the net block as i said before.

LD plays the game that is needed to beat LCW. HE didn't hold anything back. That's just for the wishful thinkers and die hard LD fans amongst us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So LD is definitely better than LCW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    So LD is definitely better than LCW!
    Yes Lin Dan is a lot better strategy wise and makes less errors.
    All the skill in the world would be no good if the strategy employed is not sound. This is because the Chinese coaching team is head and shoulders above their Malaysian counterparts.

They probably will have Chen Jin or Chen Long run down LCW before facing LD in the Olympic final or in Lin Dan case have an easy game against his counterpart.

Oh well, we can just hope for an upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. From documentary I watched, CHN sporters are recruited and trained since early age and they must compete with millions to ultimately be selected as CHN national sporter. Being CHN national sporter, I would extremely proud to represent 1.3 billion people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW lost to LD again. Bloody hell. This is my suggestion to win OG2012

(1) LCW must remember his main aim is OG2012. Forget about No 1 ranking for now please and get more rest. You are not young anymore. REMEMBER TO peak at right time.

(2) Focus on training new tricks + NEVER SHOW your TRUE potential in competition till OG2012.

(3) Improve your smash. I can see even Chen Long's smash is better than yours. Try to get some tips or two from smash pro such as former Indonesian players in 90s or counterparts around you.

(4) Study LD like a text book, from HK Open 2011, as he is playing more seriously from that moment. Try to understand how he take the game.

(5) Improve stamina cos u always lose steam by 3rd set.

This is only my opinion lar, never give up but to win LD, u must strategize. GOOD LUCK.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast