User Tag List

Scooby

Default Carbonex 20 Tour Special (offer in singapore)

Hi,

Just to share a piece of information with you guys. I just bought a Carbonex 20 Tour Special at a price of S$79.90 ! According to the sales guy, it is made in Japan. It comes with a Gosen string, black color.

For those interested, you can go to Jurong Point, and there's a sport shop (Sport Link) on level 3. Retail price is like S$169, I think.

You will also see other racquets having a good discount, very tempted to get the Carlton Airblade 2000 @ S$135, but I think the Carbonex feel is better.

ari

Default Re: Carbonex 20 Tour Special (offer in singapore)

have u tried cab 20 tour sp before?how is this 'special' different from the non-special.and is it head-heavy?

Scooby

I read somewhere that SP means it is a ASIA distribution, whereas SPECIAL means it is made in Taiwan, but in this case, apparently not, as there is a "Made in Japan" on the shaft itself.

Without having used other Carbonex before, I must say that it is quite well balanced, compared to the Yonex Titanium Pro 60 that I have, it also feels stiffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Scooby! Is it possible for you to help someone get a Carbonex 20 Tour Special in Singapore? And also, the price IS in Singapore dollars right?

Scooby

Hi Tony. Some1 also asked me to help him get the racquet, and he lives in US. Basically, a rough estimate for the shipping is about S$50 using International priority handling. I am not sure if they charge extra for odd shape like the racquet.

So, total charges would be about S$130, and remember, there is a risk of breakage during transit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just would like to ask if your cab 20 tour special has a built in t joint? any special characteristics? how would you rate the stiffness, power and control from a range of 1 to 5? will it be suitable for an intermediate doubles player to use? which is better, the 2u or 3u version?