self training techniques

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Pizza Fish, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

i thought it would be helpful to compile a list of easy ways to selftrain for those without a coach. some things i got are:

jump ropes: better fitness for better playing
    hitting with the wall: good to practice drives + defense when you have the right technique

any other ideas would be great too

2. 729927852

729927852 Regular Member

Shadow footwork drills
    Practicing stroke techniques/strengthening the wrist
    Slicing the shuttle up and down to get the correct feeling when doing tumbling net shots

kinda what I do...

+ my house has a fairly high 45 degree angled roof in a spaciousy area so I can practice lifts off it:p

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Practice serving just over a string pulled across at 5 ft height. ..... Practice shadow half smashes, focusing on max racket speed ie highest pitched swishing sound. This will require a lighter and headlight racket to prevent any repetitive injuries. In this drill, focus on optimizing the technique of your swing speed, not power.

#3 visor, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

watch video's! you can improve tactics is you watch good players play. then maybe you can gauge which shots you can do and how else you could have prepare for the shots instead

i tend to watch women's singles / doubles and mixed are they are closer to my capabilities then mens :p