Commonly used methods for overlapped holes

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by TingAhYee, Nov 20, 2011.

1. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

Hi ,

Would like to know what are the commonly used methods to push in/out of holes that are covered by overlapping strings.

Cheers

2. Ouchee

Ouchee Regular Member

I personally use the following methods,

1) - Insert a loose string on the outside of the frame before you tension the main which is overlapping the cross hole, when it comes to doing that cross, pull up the loose string so now your string can go thru

2) - String mover also work but sometimes not careful you will scratch the frame

3) - Cut the tip of the string at about 45 degree

3. Ouchee

Ouchee Regular Member

I personally use the following methods,

1) - Insert a loose string on the outside of the frame before you tension the main which is overlapping the cross hole, when it comes to doing that cross, pull up the loose string so now your string can go thru

2) - String mover also work but sometimes not careful you will scratch the frame

3) - Cut the tip of the string at about 45 degree

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I always pre-weave the racquet first, and what I tend to do is make sure I pull out the string from the grommets to form a ring at these points. This helps with hooking the string later. I also check that the main string sits under the cross string and doesn't obstruct the cross. As the main gets tensioned, I hold the cross string "ring" so that it doesn't fall back into the grommets.

String mover sometimes work, best with a but of lubricant though and I also cut the end of the string (for tying knots) at 45° or less. If I really struggle to get a string though a shared grommet, as a very last resort, I use dental floss. I tie the dental floss onto the end of the string, then thread the dental floss though the grommet and tug the string through. If this doesn't work either, I would VERY CAREFULLY use a thick needle to guide a piece of thread tied to the string through the grommet.