li_ning woods n90

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by john skelly, Nov 20, 2011.

1. john skelly

john skelly New Member

sports centres officer
    This racket was a swap. I don't have seriel no. Can you view the pictures and help me identify if it is fake.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    the most important thing:
    where did you buy it and how much?
    also, what string did you use? is it factory string?

3. john skelly

john skelly New Member

sports centres officer
    It was a swap for my second racket which was an arc saber DX8. It has been re-strung by the guy I swapped. The string is supposed t be yonex bg65i. As I don't have much information on it I hoped there may be tell tale markings on the pictures, or a list of real and fake indicators for me to check.

Thanks John

4. john skelly

john skelly New Member

sports centres officer
    It was a swap for my second racket which was an arc saber DX8. It has been re-strung by the guy I swapped. The string is supposed t be yonex bg65i. As I don't have much information on it I hoped there may be tell tale markings on the pictures, or a list of real and fake indicators for me to check.

Thanks John

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Alright, after very close examination, I've come to the conclusion yours is a fake. It's almost perfect and I had to look it over a few times before I started to see the signs.

My final reasonings:
    -The S2 sticker, on the 2, the real ones have a thiner bottom part
    -The top grommets all have that tapering effect like Yonex, Li Ning isn't that fancy. Granted they could have been changed.
    -12 o'clock "technology" the T on the real one is very thin, yours looks a little fat and also the spacing and slant isn't correct.
    -6 o'clock grommets aren't uniform in height and the center ones are way too slanted towards the center.

There are other fake signs but honestly the S2 logo is enough to call this one out. I've seen way too many fake Li-Ning rackets passed as real, that people sometimes can't even tell theirs is fake when I gave them a real one to compare it with.