Wilson n1 discounted. Good choice?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Willie Ha, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Willie Ha

Willie Ha New Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to the forum. For the longest time, I've been really interested in playing badminton but only recently has my interest really spiked. In light of that, I've been hoping to get better rackets at some point so I can possibly play competitively. On a certain website, I found the Wilson nCode n1 for $70 (down from $140), but I haven't bought it since it is a closeout and I've read a lot of stuff about the racket failing pretty quickly. Anyone wanna chime in about their experience owning such a racket? Otherwise, please recommend something for a high school student on a tight budget.

tl;dr-
    1. I currently play at once a week for at least 3 hours and I hope to play at least 3 times a week once I join a club.
    2. I'm a pretty aggressive smasher.
    3. Durability is a pretty big issue, I'm looking for something that won't break after a couple of mishits. In terms of performance, yeah I want it to perform well.
    4. Lower than $120 shipped, but more likely in the range of 50-70.

2. Willie Ha

Willie Ha New Member

Anyone have input on the wilson or have a different recommendation?

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Theres a reason why no one has bought that racket from badminton alley yet haha. Try apacs, bang for your buck brand. http://www.badmintonbay.com/ (Lethal series is the most ideal)

4. Stratlover

Stratlover Regular Member

I've owned 3 Wilson n1's and they all broke from racket clashes. Great racket, super stiff and powerful, large sweetspot, good maneuverability, but very fragile. If you want durability, look elsewhere. The Wilson kTour is a great racket with almost as much power as the n1. It's also built like a tank. I've had one for 3 years that has survived 8 or 9 clashes. The only downside is it's more expensive. Hope this helped