beware of buying from ebay

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by bigredlemon, Jun 19, 2003.

1. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

especially from people with no feedback. Good feedback doesn't mean honest seller either. (See http://badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10372)

I was surfing around ebay, and it seems that nearly all the racquets are fakes. It seems especially bad since a few weeks ago... maybe a new fake factory just started up or something.

And not even good fakes!
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3614122545&category=2919
    A 2U mp88 /w ultimuTi??? :rolleyes:

It's sad to see the legit sellers getting creamed by the theives. The legit sellers seems to be going the extra mile by putting in extra information to prove it's authenticity, but I doubt people looking for the lowest price will notice. I can understand how most people could fall for it though... i mean if you bought a sony TV, u probably wouldn't bother checking its authenticity either. But since you are BFers you should know better!

It's bad enough that they're ripping off the leading supporter and sponsorer of badminton... but they are trying to rip off your you too.
    :mad:

2. Laurence

Laurence Regular Member

Options Trading . . .yeah Baby!!!
    Bigredlemon,

I agree with you that buyers should be EXTREMELY careful when buying badminton racquets on eBay or online. And thanks for for pointing the suspicious racquets out!

As a legitimate seller of Yonex products on eBay, I saw business drop by 70%!!!! Buyers seem to look at price more than anything else . . . protect yourself by:

1) Asking the seller questions
    2) Try to get references from the seller
    3) Look at the feedback rating
    4) Get genuine CLOSEUP photos
    5) Ask about warranty and exchange/refund policy

P.S. Has anyone tried filing a claim under eBay's Fraud protection policy???

3. kAoS

kAoS Regular Member

Student
    Especially watch out for the seller "grillhamilton". if you look at the products he is selling, they are pretty much all fakes. Somebody should notify ebay about him.

-kAoS

4. 2good

2good Regular Member

is it cheaper to buy from ebay than let say badmintonpage.com ?

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    the thing is , ebay doesn't care about it......
    all they care is their own profit.....

6. Absinthe

Absinthe Regular Member

PeBuluTangkis + Business Owner + International Rec
  7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Laurence (on the forum) is the seller and as far as I know, he is selling genuine Yonex racquets although they are not coded CD for the Canadian market. I believed in one thread, he was talking about SP, TH, and India (don't know what the code is for India).

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    $$$ vise, ebay sellers generally using lower prices to attract buyers.

However, unless u know who's a reputable seller with legitimate stuff, u will some how taking a certain lvl of risk. Recent days, there's a thread talking about ppl selling fake yonex MP series on ebay.

So, before u spend $$$, better try to contact the seller, and ask questions or even pic to make sure the stuff (especially racket) are real. If u can't get a satisfied answer or being ignored, I won't suggest to take a risk and being regretted later on.

9. Laurence

Laurence Regular Member

Options Trading . . .yeah Baby!!!
    All racquets that I sell on eBay under user id Chun123 are 100% genuine Yonex products - but I am NOT an authorized dealer.

The racquets that you see me sell on eBay are country code: HK, ID, JP, SP, TH, and US. In most cases, I have an exchange policy and a proprietary warranty is available.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to email (timsports@shaw.ca) or PM me.

I DO NOT SELL FAKES.

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  11. Draculans

Draculans Regular Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to doing business with Laurence. I have bought two rackets from him, one is the MP-100 SP 2u, and the other was the MP-99 SP 2u. I first based my opinion of him off his feedback which was pretty much all positive. I e-mailed him with questions about the rackets, and became more familiar with him. After having more faith in Laurence, being the person I am, I wanted a slightly lower price, and he of course gave me a slight discount by not having to deal with the whole ebay fee thing. I've recieved both rackets in excellent conditions and they play very well, no signs that I can see that they are fake or anything. I definetely have faith in the products of Laurence, and I'm still enjoying these wonderful rackets. Thanks again Laurence.

-Simon

12. Absinthe

Absinthe Regular Member

PeBuluTangkis + Business Owner + International Rec
    Hey, that statement is supposed to be on the eBay Feedback Forum :D

13. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

ebay doesn't take kindly to people meeting up on ebay and buying it outside of it without giving them a cut of the deal...