2011 China Open SSP: Round 1 Wed 23-Nov

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Nov 22, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 China Open SSP: Round 1 Wednesday 23-November

Looking at the draws, so many CHN players are participating. And I think many of them can make it to Round 2.

For Schedule of Matches;
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...BC911B-E50D-4FFA-9211-33938FCD4A19&d=20111123

For Time in Shanghai;
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CN.aspx

Previously, I have given links for Live Streaming, but not all countries can share the links. Perhaps some BCers from different countries can post their links that are working for their regions.

For our BC PAW Game, Sandy posted;

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Nitya/Feinya might be tired after played in SEA Games, but i hope they can beat XH/TJH.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Some tough games in MS. ;)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For WS, I'll be keen to see how far Li Xuerui can go and also looking out for CHN's Chen Xiaojia, SG's Fu Mingtian and JPN's Ai Goto. As for Wang Xin,she's slated to meet Tine again for the 10th time, at the QF; it will be very interesting to see if Tine can stop the rut, after all, I remember in the past that Icuk Sugiarto after 9 or 10 tries at last managed to take just that 1 match from Yang Yang(was I wrong, maybe somebody could correct me?).

For MS, again Lin Dan and archrival Lee CW are likely to cross swords in the SF; Lin Dan having won the last 3 may come a cropper this time, based on the simple premise that Lee's chances of winning this time out of every 3/4 encounters should be higher(perhaps 60/40,not likely, or 55/45 or even closer) unless it's proven that Lin Dan is now a notch higher in terms of skill,psychology and other factors aside(home ground advantage to Lin Dan). Chen Long and Chen Jin are slated to meet in the QF, before LD-Lee's SF, how it will pan out is anybody's guess but I'm looking forward to seeing Chen Long in the Final this time. Other MS I'll keep an eye on would be K Tago and K Cordon, to see how much potential they have. And Tommy Sugiarto and Hayom Rumbaka as well,only because INA do need someone to step into Taufik's shoes.

As usual,for MD, the perpetual rivalry between Cai/Fu and JJSung/LYDae are poised once again to produce fireworks should they clash in the Final, as it's likely the case for many believe no other pair can touch them for the time being.

For the WD, it has become quite predictable for the simple fact that the Invincible Duo (you know who) is unstoppable, though a few of their main rivals have occasionally stretched them a bit. What happened to the new young pairing of Bao Yixin/Zhong Qianxin? In particular,Zhong hasn't been seen for quite a while after their sensational Japan Open win.

In the XD, I've been time and again surprised by Fischer/Pedersen and have to admit they are the XD pair of the moment; the two CHN pairs, Xu/Ma and Zhang/Zhao, have to really dig deep to stand a chance of upsetting the in-form Danish pair. Apart from these usual suspects, I won't rule out Tantowi/Natsir choosing this time to make their comeback,thereby injecting even more excitement into the XD scene.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The only reason I can think of that Zhong Qixin hasn't been playing is because of injury. That girl can smack the shuttle! Cutie Bao Yixin is playing with Xie Jing in WD and continuing to be nurtured by old hand He Hanbin in XD.

7. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Looks like the Badminton federation have given birth to yet another Danish brat in Victor Axelson who was yellow-carded today for misconduct. He has trailing far behind Qiao Bin in the 2nd set when he was given the warning for his lack of respect and loose behavior on court. The reason why he needs to act so spoilt and sore when he is losing is beyond me. We know he is still young but shouldn't that make him more respectful of others? This reminded me of the incident in the match between Lin Dan and Chen Jin in the French Open where the European fans were booing the 2 Chinese. Why are the European fans booing and showing such disrespect? Is it because they don't understand the Chinese philosophy of "nation first, individual second"? For Victor's case, I think the media or the badminton community must have hyped him up so much to be the next greatest European player that it must have gotten to his head. Therefore, when things doesn't go his way, he ended up throwing his tantrums and lost to an unknown Chinese in the 1st round.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

True... This is why I like to boo at players who are not playing sports for sports' sake, and/or are behaving badly at matches. We need to remind players that we don't wish to watch misconduct, match-fixing, etc, etc ...

I did not watch the match. What did Viktor Axelsen do to be yellow-carded?

Correction: It happened not in Round 1, but at the Qualification Rounds.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

At our BC PAW Game, we see many BCers are hoping for some upsets, and for these lower ranked players to win in Round 1, namely;

* Yao Xue (Q) to defeat Gu Juan
    * Han Li (Q) to defeat Nicole Grether (PFQ)
    * Lu Yi (Q) to defeat Taufik Hidayat [8]
    * Qiao Bin (Q) to defeat Du Pengyu

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Obviously you know enough about him to not even be able to spell his name correctly :rolleyes: ... "Nation first" in an individual sport :D

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Such on court conduct issue was common in the DANs, remember Fischer, Boe & Mogenson? My guess is that Westerners are more of an outgoing character, plus the DANs are very eager to achieve something in badminton due to their past glory. So sometimes very easy to let temperament out of control...

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Winners hate to loose, simple as that. What BWF, media and whatnot have to do with it idk ...

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

The first matches of Round 1 have started.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

And it looks like Han Li (Q) could be the first to do it.

Game 1
    HL-NG: 21-07 (In just 11 minutes)

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

First upset of the day, Abian Pablo repeats his WC win over Marc Zwiebler ;) 11-21; 21-15; 21-8. Slated to meet either Sasaki Sho or his good friend Kevin Cordon in R2, hope Kevin Cordon can do something against the muscleman.

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LCW and KKK/TBH might be the only ones to survive

Looking at the schedule, Lee Chong Wei and Koo/Tan might be the only ones who can get past their first round opponents. CEH/WPT faces an uphill ask against the Japanese pair whom they have lost in their last two meetings and CPS/GLY are up against the WC finalists, Chris/Imogen. GTC/TBS are up against the unpredictable Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Game 1
    HL-NG: 21-07 (Game over at the 11th minute)

Game 2
    HL-NG: 11-05 (Interval at the 19th minute)

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

And HL did it.

Game 1
    HL-NG: 21-07 (Game over at the 11th minute)

Game 2
    HL-NG: 11-05 (Interval at the 19th minute)
    HL-NG: 21-12 (Match over at the 28th minute)

19. Thuan Keat

Thuan Keat Regular Member

Procurement Asst. Manager
    Liu Xin just eliminated CSC, first seeded player out.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I was expecting a closer/tougher match from these 2 players... going to a 3rd game.

Perhaps the homeground advantage shifted the match to Liu Xin.