User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Carolina Marin: Spain

Why dont i find athread for this girl!
    I think she had got few good wins in the senior circuit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's good...she the bronze medallist at this year's world junior championship...talented...the next european star in WS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win today for Carolina Marin against Tine Baun in the Über Cup - 18-21 21-18 21-18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been enjoying Axiata Cup 2013 and especially Carolina Marin's games. Props go to her for flying the flag for Spanish Badminton and she has claimed some good scalps, looks in her element. Anyone able to describe or replicate how she serves, almost crosses her arms seems very deceptive and moves the angle from center to tramlines, original?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's definitely a wonderful player. I've watched her match against Saina Nehwal at the Indonesian Open. Indeed she has a great and beautiful backhand service. Only thing I really dislike about her, is that horrendous scream after each point (assault to your eardrums). She's not the only one though (couple of Chinese players come to mind).

Spain is doing something right and it's good to see more European countries are bringing something more to the world of badminton.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know Carolina's background? I watched her play against WYH in the Singapore Open R16 and the crowds were certainly impressed with her fighting spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she won the Finnish Open 2013 with style, 1st match 21-921-11, 2nd round 21-1121-8 , QF 21-821-5, Semis 21-1121-8 and The FInals 21-1021-15, it's quite insane for european player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carolina Marín

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_MarC3ADn

Personal information
    Birth name Carolina María Marín Martín
    Born (1993-06-15) June 15, 1993 (age 20)
    Huelva, Andalucía, Spain
    Country Spain
    Handedness Left

Badminton career

Carolina started to play badminton at the IES La Orden badminton club in Huelva. In 2009 she became the first Spanish badminton player to win a silver medal first, at the 2009 European Junior Badminton Championships,[1] and a gold medal later, at the 2009 European U17 Badminton Championships.[2]
    Medals achieved

Rank Event Date Venue
    European Junior Championships
    2 Singles 2009 Milan, ITA
    European U17 Championships
    1 Singles 2009 Medvode, SLO
    Career statistics

International tournaments finals

Wins

Date Tournament Opponent in final Score
    2009 Irish International (badminton) Rachel Van Cutsen 22–24, 21–14, 21–16
    2010 Uganda International Anne Hald Jensen 21–18, 19–21, 21–18
    National championships finals

Wins[edit]

Year Tournament Opponent in final Score
    2009 Spanish National Championships Beatriz Corrales 21–15, 22–20
    Record Against Selected Opponents

Women's Singles results against Super Series finalists, Worlds Semi-finalists, and Olympic quarterfinalists, as well as all Olympic opponents.[3]

References

Photos:
    www.badzine.net

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgu...CdsTe6uvJFM%3A

Indeed Carolina Marin impressed me during the recent Singapore Open 2013.

Hope to see her climb up the WR ladder soon.
    Last edited by Loh; 06-26-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carolina Marin versus Wang Yihan during the Singapore Open 2013

I've captured some pictures of Marin in action during R16 .

She gave a very good account of herself and remained very steady and focused most of the time. WYH had the benefit of two Chinese coaches, including recently retired Chen Jin, to assist her, whereas Marin had none at her side.

Marin made WYH fight hard for her points and the latter even had to dive trying to save a point to no avail. Although she lost G1, Marin was in great form during G2 when she won easily 21-11, scoring numerous points with her smashes and net play.

Many fans were hoping for an upset in the rubber game but Marin was a little impatient towards the end and made a few unforced errors like smashing into the net. In the end, skill and experience told and WYH romped home for a 21-18, 11-21, 21-17 victory.

Despite winning a total of 56 points against WYH's 53, Marin still lost mainly through inexperience. But watch out for this young lady from Spain whose talent was vividly demonstrated at this Singapore Open!
    Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Last edited by Loh; 06-26-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surprised there are no comments here but this girl is amazingly talented...how I wish she along with her friend ratchanok could've advanced into the semis together. we will definitely see more of her, very determined character. good for europe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    surprised there are no comments here but this girl is amazingly talented...how I wish she along with her friend ratchanok could've advanced into the semis together. we will definitely see more of her, very determined character. good for europe!
    CM is really an amazing talent, unbelievable that such a jewel hails from spain, the land of Barca
    and Real Madrid!
    I wonder how she came into the game and would be thankful if someone can tell her story.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    CM is really an amazing talent, unbelievable that such a jewel hails from spain, the land of Barca
    and Real Madrid!
    I wonder how she came into the game and would be thankful if someone can tell her story.
    Apparently, she studied flamenco dancing too. She moved away from home at the age of 14 to train and continued studying as well. What character and love for the sport she must have had to have taken such a drastic step at such a young age to improve her badminton! She's an only child so it wasn't easy on her parents, but they came to accept the situation and must now be overjoyed that she's become the first Spaniard to reach the quarterfinals at a World Championship.

I like her style of play, and most importantly she's demonstrated that she's got tremendous fighting spirit from the way she battled back to win against Sung and took the second game from Ratchanok. A lot of other players, both seasoned and not, would have crumbled under that kind of pressure.

I hope that she'll go on to even greater heights, but I worry that there's only so far that she can go considering what must be the limited training resources in Spain. Someone mentioned in another thread that she had at least spent some time training in Thailand, so hopefully she'll continue training overseas if that's what she needs to take her game to the next level.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Apparently, she studied flamenco dancing too. She moved away from home at the age of 14 to train and continued studying as well. What character and love for the sport she must have had to have taken such a drastic step at such a young age to improve her badminton! She's an only child so it wasn't easy on her parents, but they came to accept the situation and must now be overjoyed that she's become the first Spaniard to reach the quarterfinals at a World Championship.

I like her style of play, and most importantly she's demonstrated that she's got tremendous fighting spirit from the way she battled back to win against Sung and took the second game from Ratchanok. A lot of other players, both seasoned and not, would have crumbled under that kind of pressure.

I hope that she'll go on to even greater heights, but I worry that there's only so far that she can go considering what must be the limited training resources in Spain. Someone mentioned in another thread that she had at least spent some time training in Thailand, so hopefully she'll continue training overseas if that's what she needs to take her game to the next level.
    She played in the danish league last season. Don't know if she only flies in or also trains there though ... (permanently that is; she has particpated in training whils there just not sure if she also stayed the whole time). Playing for Odense, she could have stayed at the Badminton Europe Center located there for a training stint.
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-09-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, what a remarkable girl she is. I hope yonex or other big brands will adopt and sponsor
    her soon so that she can fulfil her tremendous potential.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, what a remarkable girl she is. I hope yonex or other big brands will adopt and sponsor
    If Adidas haven't already, they should sign her up. They're a perfect fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from her instagram...she trained in indonesia then thailand....she must be doing training somewhere in the top european clubs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't she already sponsored by yonex? but i agree adidas should sign her up as they have signed a few top juniors

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast