User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_day View Post
    Not sure if you folks could see Taufik's game on the Internet, but if you couldn't, Taufik came out smashing and playing serious against Simon from the very first set. I guess Taufik knew it would be an uphill battle against Simon from the outset. Unfortunately, Taufik's lack of fitness ultimately lead to his downfall.

It was the same story against Yi Lu yesterday. Taufik was out of gas in the third set. Lucky for Taufik, Li Yu has no power on his smash and could not finish Taufik and Taufik scraped by in the tie breaker in the 3rd set. Taufik got a huge break at 20-20 when he hit the tape with the shuttle, the shuttle somehow rolled over the net, and it landed just inside the line.

Not counting Lin Dan, LCW, and Peter Gade, Taufik truly has the top 4 skills in the world with his racket. But as good as Taufik's racket skills are, it doesn't matter if he is slow and unfit. Peter Gade is still a top 4 player in the world at 34 - there is no excuse for Taufik''s fitness at his age. If Taufik isn't serious for the Olympics next year, he really should retire - it's an eyesore to watch all that talent wasted because of a lack of motivation.
    believe me or not, TH is fighting for his London 2012 ticket and probably wouldn't make it.
    before this China Open, Simon is only 4000 point behind him. if he beat PG tomorrow that gap will be about 500 points with 1 t'ment in hand.
    TH is currently at No 15 of the qualification table, just 2 places above safety!
    Last edited by AlanY; 11-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Even if Ratchanok is unable to do it this year (in 2011), there shall be many years ahead of her for her to do so, since she is young.

Or, perhaps Ratchanok can do it this year, and again and again in more years to come.
    Many thought it would be SN to challenge CHN. Al least now, we can hope for RI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Even if Ratchanok is unable to do it this year (in 2011), there shall be many years ahead of her for her to do so, since she is young.

Or, perhaps Ratchanok can do it this year, and again and again in more years to come.
    Provided she is not distracted, injured or waylaid ... along the way!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ratchanok

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    RI slice is pretty impressive. Cannot be complacent against an experienced player.
    That name alone is a killer name. Is good as a powerful name to send shiver to opponent's spine. Feng Shui name power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Will RI be another WMC? Dragon slayer? I doubt so.
    Ratchanok actually has more tricks in her bag of arsenal weaponry than Wong Mew Choo. Ratchanok's badminton skills is more polished and her strokes more deceptive than WMC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool WD Finalist

I'd really liked to see Mizuki fujii/ Reiki Kakiiwa (why do jap names need double 'i's?) to enter the finals. They are so positive, filled with gung-ho spirit and have so much potential. It's about time for them to be in the lime light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I'd really liked to see Mizuki fujii/ Reiki Kakiiwa (why do jap names need double 'i's?) to enter the finals. They are so positive, filled with gung-ho spirit and have so much potential. It's about time for them to be in the lime light.
    good luck for that mission! I guess many do support this idea, would be great to see once in the life another country on top of WD tournaments - we need to get that category more interesting!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the second i is pronounced separately afaik.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kept wondering that somehow Ratchanok's playing style and patient demeanor reminds me of another player of a past era. Now it struck me that she plays like Joko Suprianto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shi Xian is actually bored of her own stroke-playing style. She just don't know it yet. It's not nice to her when more and more opponents know how to read her game now.

With a service that takes forever to deliver and virtually no killer smashes at all , you can really use the time to swat flies when her opponents retrieves all her shots.
    Last edited by Pakito; 11-25-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    believe me or not, TH is fighting for his London 2012 ticket and probably wouldn't make it.
    before this China Open, Simon is only 4000 point behind him. if he beat PG tomorrow that gap will be about 500 points with 1 t'ment in hand.
    TH is currently at No 15 of the qualification table, just 2 places above safety!
    Both Taufik and Simon will play at Super Series Finale. Guaranteed 6000+ points for just being there. I think both will be in top 15 of qualification table after SS finale. Also they both will play at Macau GP gold.

Simon may overtake Taufik eventually but both probably will qualify for Olympic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the second i is pronounced separately afaik.
    Like Kaki-Iwa.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Shi Xian is actually bored of her own stroke-playing style. She just don't know it yet. It's not nice to her when more and more opponents know how to read her game now.

With a service that takes forever to deliver and virtually no killer smashes at all , you can really use the time to swat flies when her opponents retrieves all her shots.
    Either WSX upgrades her play to something version 2.0 or just gets ready to be trashed out more often by more variety of players

If not for Oly qualification, indeed it is not too much a problem for China to lose her, there are several stars among her fellows who are ready to take up her position. IMO, LXR has more complete and better attacking play, therefore more reliable!

Well, lets see pretty soon how good can IR challenge LXR in this QF (though she still leads 1-0 in H2H)
    Last edited by kelana; 11-25-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19