Best Badminton Brand Rackets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dawnRwright, Nov 24, 2011.

1. dawnRwright

dawnRwright New Member

store owner
    [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Which is best brand for a badminton rackets. Dunlop, Carlton or Yonex?[/FONT]

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    It's a very hard question to answer. Do you want to know about build quality, playability or reputation?
    Yonex hold the majority of the market and make good rackets. Carlton don't hold as much of the market, but their mid-range rackets are very good quality and have higher max tensions than most of the Yonex top end.
    I've only ever played with a very cheap Dunlop racket so I can't vouch for their range, but I haven't really heard of them making quality rackets.

3. dawnRwright

dawnRwright New Member

store owner
    I see. I was asking about these rackets because I am planning to buy one. Since, I am just new to this sport and I still need to know what are the pros and cons of it especially on the equipment that I need to buy.
    I usually heard about Yonex. It is true that Yonex hold the majority of the market but I am also taking into consideration of the other brands (carlton and dunlop). And I am wondering now about this max tension. If this should really needs to consider in picking a brand of racket to buy.

4. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    dawnRwright,
    Andy05 is right. This is a very difficult question to answer.

There are many different makes out there beside Yonex, Carlton and Dunlop. In terms of popularity, many would say Yonex. Because they are the dominant international player in terms of aggressive marketing campaign and games sponsorship. Another new kid in the block is Li Ning.

Not sure if you are aware of this
    Yonex = current Indonesia, Malaysia, Denmark, Japan and other nation teams sponsor
    Li Ning = current Chinese team sponsor (formerly sponsored by Yonex)
    Victor = current Korean team sponsor

When you go to any Badminton retail stores or online websites, you can easily see many brands out there.

So which is the best Badminton racket brand? The answer is rather subjective. Instead, I would ask the following questions; do you know what type of player you are & what preference do you want from a racket? Each make has their selection of rackets. For example, there are head heavy, or well balanced rackets; stiff vs. flexible; tension specs; weight; and also not forgetting price (cost). Each racket has its own characteristics.

Knowing what you want will probably help you make your selection a little easier. Do try out new rackets (from different brands), borrow them from your friends, compare them to see if they are the right fit for you. That way you can avoid buying a racket which you might not like/play much in the future.

#4 mb111, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011