V-Shape Grommets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by teknix1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. teknix1

teknix1 Regular Member

Hi all,

I apologize for the most likely incorrect title of this thread. I don't know how to call the special grommets that have a V shape on the inside of the racket. I bought many different sizes of replacement grommets so I can replace any of the single-string grommets. I simply find the appropriate diameter and cut them to the appropriate length. But all the other grommets that take two strings are different, the inside has been somehow modified, the inside looks like a funnel and have a V shape, this is to allow one string to be on the main and the other on the crosses. I'm guessing there is some sort of heat tool that allows reshaping the grommet.

Anybody has any information on that? I'm either looking for a source for these grommets or the tool which would allow me to reshape them.

Thanks
    Nic

2. Ouchee

Ouchee Regular Member

There is a tool called Flare-It Tennis Grommet, you can buy it from ATS sport.
    Or like Kwun had said before, there is a heat iron tool from Victor which comes with its stringing machine

[​IMG]

3. teknix1

teknix1 Regular Member

Awesome, thank you for the information.

Nic

4. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Often you may find that these are standard grommets cut slightly longer and the flaring happens when the string is pulled through and tensioned.