Apacs Stern 66 Strings ( 0.66mm )

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by aznb3n, Nov 24, 2011.

1. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    Has anyone tried it?
    It comes with Apacs racket, which are REALLY cheap at "BadmintonBay.com"
    Good deal?
    I Mean, its 50$ for a Voltric 70/80( somewhat copy )
    ( its the Finapi 77/88 if your wondering )
    Anyone tried these? Cant seem to find the reviews on those rackets in the forums.

Anyways, back to the string, Its 0.66mm, so ill assume it breaks easier. And thats all i know.

Anyone share their opinion on the rackets and the string? please, thanks.

2. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    I'm from New Zealand and I've just recently got this strung with my Lethal 70 and it hasn't broken for a good 4 months now. I'm not a serial string killer but I play doubles and do smash alot. The string quality is excellent and sounds pretty good too. Although not as loud as the Yonex 95 but this last a lot longer, kinda like BG65 durability. I strung mine at 26lbs and it has lot a bit of tension over time, so I'd probably go up ~1-2lbs next string.

Highly recommended.

I have been using Yonex NBG95 and BG66 up until now, the NBG95 is just so damn nice but BG66 is really loud (and breaks easily)

3. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

I have tried this before when one of my friend gave it to me for stringing. It sells for peanuts in malaysia. Below is my opinion:

Power: 9/10 (Certainly without a doubt, this is as powerful as BG66)
    Repulsion: Same as the above
    Durability: 8/10 (Better than BG66 for sure. This string is rather slippery.)
    Hitting Sound: 8/10 (As good as BG66)
    Shock Absorption: 7/10 (I kinda feel this is a little harder than BG66)
    Control: 7/10 (So so. Because i didnt like it's hollow feel. Didnt feel as solid as Yonex strings)
    Feel: Feel this is a little harder than BG66. Medium ++ ?
    Tension Retention: No different from BG66
    Price: Apacs >> Yonex (No brainer!)

In summary, it is good, i think as good as BG66 and at a much cheaper price. But the strings feel hollow somehow. Kinda weird though.

4. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Will be getting my Apacs Nano Fusion 722 Speed any moment now... it's strung with Apacs Stern 66 strings. I've got a badminton session tomorrow night so I'll be able to write a nice review then. :)

5. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    hey hey hey... guess what... just got my Apacs Nano Fusion 722 strung with the Stern 66 string. I have the tension set at 27 lbs. I find it a little odd sounding, especially when you slice. I'll be putting it to test tomorrow night. All in all, the repulsion seems better than BG65.

6. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I strung this for a friend and found that it lost tension quickly, didn't have a great feel and had extra string movement in comparison to other 0.66mm strings.

7. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    just tested out the racket and the apacs stern 66 string during my badminton session. at 27lbs it feels more like 23. Sound is horrible... feel is horrible... might be slightly better if tension was at 30lbs. But I suppose it comes free with the racket so I can't complain... my mission now is to smash till I break the string, but the way it feels, it could last a lot longer. hahahah! When it does break, I'm gonna put either BG6, BG66 or BG66 Ultimax at 28-29 lbs.