Yonex ARC10 versus Li-Ning N55II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by masterblaster99, Nov 25, 2011.

1. masterblaster99

masterblaster99 Regular Member

Hello Badminton world,

I am an avid Yonex racket user, but find myself wanting to try something different. My wespon of choice is the ArcSaber 10. I have both the original and Peter Gade models of the racket.

I used a Victor Columbia several years back and had great success with it. I have read that the Victor MX80 is a close comparison ot the ARC10. However, I am thinking about trying a Li-Ning racket. I have read through the Li-Ning Fan threads and Li-Ning racket reviews. It sounds like the N55 or N55 II are the most logical choices if moving to a similar racket to the ARC10.

I guess my question is if someone on the forum that has been an ARC10 user and has made the same switch, can you comment on the comparison of the two rackets? I know the bahaviour and abilities of the ARC10 very well, so Im looking for a descriptive comparison. Where I live I do not have the opportunity to try other rackets and no one at my club uses Li-Ning aside from 1 fellow who has an N33 and likes it a lot, but it is very different from what I am looking for.

I play mostly doubles, both mens and mixed. I usually string with Yonex BG66UM at 25 lbs. (I have a couple packs of BG66Maxima coming though to try) :D

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @masterblaster99

I just can comment on the similarity between N55 and Arc 10.. They are both really feel the same, at least for me, it may differ from what you feel. N55 is very close to Arc 10 JP Code, however for SP Code arc 10, it feels less stiff..

If you don't mind buying Yonex brand again, you could try Arc 10 JP code, or 2U Arc 10 code o might be 2U Arc 10 JP Code.

3. ntr2100

ntr2100 Regular Member

Student
    I own a AS10 JP and the Li-Ning N55II and there's quite a distinctive difference, you'll find that the AS10's slightly more flex than the N55II and slightly head-heavier. I have both rackets strung at around 26 lbs. but I can only say that I like the AS10 more, the AS10 feels quicker aerodynamically to me at least.

@Licin as far as I'm concerned, the whole Yonex distribution coding is still a myth, I've compared a SP coded and my own JP coded Arc10 and I simply can't feel any difference, have you tried both rackets or had you used different strings on them?

4. ntr2100

ntr2100 Regular Member

Student
    I own both the Li Ning N55 and AS10 JP (3U) and as far as I can tell you, I like the AS10 more. The N55 is slightly head heavier than the AS10 and has less flex, both rackets strung at 26-27 lbs. The AS10 feels slightly better in aerodynamics and gives a somewhat solid feel, whereas I think the N55II gives a stiffer "numb" feel to it.

@masterblaster99 as far as the distribution coding myth goes, I've compared the SP versions and JP version and can only say that the difference in flex... could not be felt. I don't know about you but maybe you either hadn't tried both rackets or that you had not have the same tensions when you compared the two rackets. Along with the AS10 PG, I can only say that the AS10's JP version is another marketing win from Yonex.

5. masterblaster99

masterblaster99 Regular Member

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have been a beliver in the variations in the codes myself. Both of my ARC10's are CD coded and I have no ambition to buy a JP coded racquet of the same model.

@ntr2100-thank you for your insight. My sudden interest in the N55II stems from reading in some various threads where it has been decribed as an ArcSaber10 with more power and even a bit more control, although I admit I would have a hard time believing the control remark.

I find it interesting and useful that you refer to the ARC10 as your first choice between the two.

Any more comments are still welcomed and appreciated:cool:

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, i have tried Arc 10 SP & JP code back & forth. IMO JP version of arc 10 feel slightly stiffer. I use Arc 10 SP for 1 game, and another game i use Arc 10 JP, sometimes 2 games versus 2 games.

The distinctive difference of SP code and JP code racket is their paint quality. If you compare JP & SP racket side to side, you will notice the difference. JP paint quality is slightly brighter, especially if you compare NS9900 SP & JP. However if you compare JP & UK code racket, in terms of print quality i can't spot the difference.

7. ntr2100

ntr2100 Regular Member

Student
    sorry about the double post. well aesthetically yes JP and SP are different, where i recall on the NS9000S JP that I have, the printing difference was "gummetal" and "elasticti" etc... but honestly not the "paint quality" strictly. you have to remember that all of these rackets are manufactured by Yonex Japan anyways, although it's interesting to note that only the JP versions of the racket have the Japanese QC sticker on it. regarding the difference in flex, so far ive only been seeing comparisons between the Arc10 JP and SP. I've got a NS9000S JP and have yet to compare it to a SP version, although I can only say that the difference in flex isn't huge since Yonex claims that the quality is the same, but does say something about different specs for different distribution codes

8. ntr2100

ntr2100 Regular Member

Student
    Oh and one more thing, all generation I Li-Ning rackets have less flex compared to their Generation II counterparts. N55 has flex comparable to the current AT700, NS9000X and NS9900

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I have read somewhere in this forum about where did Yonex produce their rackets. If i am not mistaken, only JP coded racket produced in japan in this case all of its production process until it becomes racket. However other code rackets are produced elsewhere but then it is shipped to Japan to give " made in Japan " label on that. Of course Yonex have the ability to do so, after they comply certain rules & regulation in International Standard of How can a product be labelled "made in japan". If i recall correctly they can label it "made in Japan" if production cost that is incurred in Japan is more than or equal 50% of total production cost.

In this forum there is a thread that described this matter, i have read it long time a go but i have forgotten some. we need to refer to that thread to get a brighter picture. Numbers at above information might be wrong as i have read that thread long time a go..

If i manage find it, i will post it here.. But other members which coincidentally found that thread are welcome to post that link here.

#9 Licin, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011