User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 387
  1. #1
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2011 China Open SSP: Finals Sunday 27-Nov

    .
    2011 China Open SSP: Finals Sunday 27-November

    For Schedule of Matches;
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...A19&d=20111127

    For Time in Shanghai;
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CN.aspx

    For Live Streaming, kuwichert created this thread;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...11-live-stream

    For our BC PAW Game, Sandy has posted it here;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...REMIER-SS-2011
    .

  2. #2
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    .
    Very likely China could end up with 4 titles at this tournament.
    .

  3. #3
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The final affairs are among the tripartite, the remaining question is whether just two (hence, one is left behind) or all three will bring back the top trophy

  4. #4
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Predictions:

    Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli vs. Tang Jinhua / Xia Huan - while Tang / Xia should be given credit for beating a couple of worthy non-Chinese opponents, their strength of their senior is going to be way too much to overcome. at this moment it will take a monumental form for anyone to topple the great Yu/Wang. Yu/Wang will likely then become the first ever players to win all SSP events in a year. having said that, i expect Tang / Xia will not succumb without a fight, giving us a glimpse of what the WD landscape will look like post-2012.

    Wang Xin vs Wang Yihan - who says women's event are boring? i am expecting another nail biter final like the Denmark open. Wang Xin has been in great form and I look forward to enjoying the incredible technique and gracious yet powerful display from this lefthander.

    Ko Sung Hyun / Yoo Yeung Sung vs. Matthias Boe / Carsten Mogensen - the best pair that Europe has to offer has been displaying some very powerful and consistent badminton lately. while the upcoming pair from Korea is out to prove their status as the #2 pair of the Korean badminton powerhouse. the Danes have upper hand on head-to-head but i will expect a very fast and furious match between these two.

    Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei vs. Joachim Fischer Nielsen / Christinna Pedersen - the final day is just getting better and better. Z/Z just broke their jinx against the Danes in the HK Open last week, will they be able to do it against in the delight of their home crowd? i don't know, what we know is that this will be another 3 game match topped off with a couple of deuce games.

    Chen Long vs. Lin Dan - the home crowd will love this. i just hope that LD decides to play a real game to give us a display of what the best of the best from China has to offer. no prediction from me for this match, i just want to sit back and relax and hope i won't fall asleep because it will likely be around 2am where i will be.

  5. #5
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Very likely China could end up with 4 titles at this tournament.
    .
    opps, that means CHN probably will get 3 then
    Last edited by AlanY; 11-26-2011 at 02:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,169
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking forward to see Xd match, dont know why ZN/ZYL have so much trouble vs JFN/CP.....the Dane have become serious contender in OG '12

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just finished watching the LD vs LCW Final. Both played extremely well, a number of excellent rallies throughout the three games. I think that LCW ran out of steam in the 2nd and 3rd game. Both players ran each other around but I think fitness definitely played a factor in this game. LD however was continuing his strategy of clearing and dropping very often until he managed to get an opening to attack LCW with a good smash. Ultimately his tactic really proved too effective for LCW. It's a shame, LCW played very well in the first game with excellent aggressive play, but I think LD outplayed LCW here plain and simple. He had a better gameplan and executed it well.

    I will say though, LCW's cross court drops were outstanding this match.

  8. #8
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    opps, that means CHN probably will get 3 then
    .


    I have just posted my PAW entries for this Finals;

    * WD: Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang [1] to defeat Tang Jinhua/Xia Huan

    * WS: Wang Yihan [2] to defeat ]Wang Xin [3]

    * MD: Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen [3] to defeat Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong [4]

    * XD: Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei [1] to defeat Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [3]

    * MS: Lin Dan [3] to defeat Chen Long [2]

    Let's see how many correct guesses I will get.
    .

  9. #9
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Players unhappy with 'slow' shuttlecocks

    .
    Let's hope that there will be a BIG crowd attending on Finals Day.

    A report that I have received said "Players unhappy with 'slow' shuttlecocks".

    Source: http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ond-seed-speed

    ====== * ====== start article ====== * ======

    AFP
    Nov 24, 2011, 09.04PM

    SHANGHAI: The Badminton Federation defended Thursday the shuttlecocks being used at this week's China Open in Shanghai following a series of complaints from players.

    Tournament referee Isabelle Jobard said the three types of shuttles in tournament use, each with their own speed, had been calibrated by how far they flew when hit by an average player and no speed problems were detected.

    On Wednesday the women's singles fifth seed Jiang Yanjiao from China said "because the temperature of the stadium is cool, so the speed of the shuttle is very slow", after losing to Bulgarian Petya Nedelcheva.

    Winning players on Thursday also chimed in to the debate: "a little slow," said first seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia after dispatching with his second round opponent.

    Men's doubles first seeds Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng, said after their victory they thought the speed of the shuttle was forcing them to play a game of strength and limiting their ability to craft their strokes.

    Jobard, a physicist and expert in her field at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris and badminton official as a hobby, explained that because the shuttles are made of duck feathers they are especially sensitive to humidity.

    "It's just like hair... when it's humid or dry your hair is different and the feathers are (the) same material as hair", she said, adding that the tests carried out were not scientific.

    The size of the Yuan Sheng Stadium in Shanghai was an important factor affecting shuttle speed, players said.

    "Because the stadium is big, so the shuttle is relatively slow and that is why we have so many long rallies," said Chen Long of China, the men's single's second seed who beat Dane Hans-Kristian Vittingus to reach the quarterfinals.

    Peter Gade of Denmark, the number eight men's doubles seed who also advanced Thursday to the quarterfinals agreed. "This is a very slow stadium. It's always been like that," said Gade. "It's not a fast playing hall."

    "If the hall is packed with a big crowd and the temperature is rising and gets to 25 degrees (77 degrees Fahrenheit), then we might change the speed of the shuttle," Jobard said.

    Currently, she said, the stadium was a chilly 20-21 degrees Celsius (68-69 degrees Farenheit).

    ====== * ====== end article ====== * ======
    .

  10. #10
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    duck feathers?!?

  11. #11
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Predictions:

    Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli vs. Tang Jinhua / Xia Huan - while Tang / Xia should be given credit for beating a couple of worthy non-Chinese opponents, their strength of their senior is going to be way too much to overcome. at this moment it will take a monumental form for anyone to topple the great Yu/Wang. Yu/Wang will likely then become the first ever players to win all SSP events in a year. having said that, i expect Tang / Xia will not succumb without a fight, giving us a glimpse of what the WD landscape will look like post-2012.

    Wang Xin vs Wang Yihan - who says women's event are boring? i am expecting another nail biter final like the Denmark open. Wang Xin has been in great form and I look forward to enjoying the incredible technique and gracious yet powerful display from this lefthander.

    Ko Sung Hyun / Yoo Yeung Sung vs. Matthias Boe / Carsten Mogensen - the best pair that Europe has to offer has been displaying some very powerful and consistent badminton lately. while the upcoming pair from Korea is out to prove their status as the #2 pair of the Korean badminton powerhouse. the Danes have upper hand on head-to-head but i will expect a very fast and furious match between these two.

    Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei vs. Joachim Fischer Nielsen / Christinna Pedersen - the final day is just getting better and better. Z/Z just broke their jinx against the Danes in the HK Open last week, will they be able to do it against in the delight of their home crowd? i don't know, what we know is that this will be another 3 game match topped off with a couple of deuce games.

    Chen Long vs. Lin Dan - the home crowd will love this. i just hope that LD decides to play a real game to give us a display of what the best of the best from China has to offer. no prediction from me for this match, i just want to sit back and relax and hope i won't fall asleep because it will likely be around 2am where i will be.
    Every time Kwun predicts Boe/Moe to lose, they ends up winning....so I PAW Boe/Moe....hahaha

  12. #12
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    duck feathers?!?
    .
    It's probably quoted incorrectly.

    Some Badminton media reporters do not have enough knowledge about our Badminton.
    .

  13. #13
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Every time Kwun predicts Boe/Moe to lose, they ends up winning....so I PAW Boe/Moe....hahaha
    .
    I have also PAWed for Boe/Moe.
    .

  14. #14
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Every time Kwun predicts Boe/Moe to lose, they ends up winning....so I PAW Boe/Moe....hahaha
    from now on, i will predict them win. every time.

  15. #15
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    15 mins....

    ARE YOU READY????

  16. #16
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    link for today's webcast:


  17. #17
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    first match is women's double.

    Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli vs. Tang Jinhua / Xia Huan.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Macau Open GPG: Finals Sunday 04-Dec
    By chris-ccc in forum Macau Open GP Gold / Korea GP Gold / India GP 2011
    Replies: 131
    : 12-09-2011, 12:04 AM
  2. 2011 China Masters: Finals on Sunday 18-September
    By chris-ccc in forum Chinese Taipei GP Gold / China Masters 2011
    Replies: 454
    : 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. 2011 India Open SS: Finals Day on Sunday 01-May
    By chris-ccc in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011
    Replies: 105
    : 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
  4. 2011 Korea Open PSS: Finals Day (Sunday 30-Jan)
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011
    Replies: 569
    : 02-01-2011, 05:13 AM
  5. 2011 Malaysia Open SS: Day 6 - Finals Day (Sunday 23-Jan)
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011
    Replies: 339
    : 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •