2011 China Open SSP: Finals Sunday 27-Nov

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Nov 26, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Very likely China could end up with 4 titles at this tournament.

3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    The final affairs are among the tripartite, the remaining question is whether just two (hence, one is left behind) or all three will bring back the top trophy :D

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Predictions:

Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli vs. Tang Jinhua / Xia Huan - while Tang / Xia should be given credit for beating a couple of worthy non-Chinese opponents, their strength of their senior is going to be way too much to overcome. at this moment it will take a monumental form for anyone to topple the great Yu/Wang. Yu/Wang will likely then become the first ever players to win all SSP events in a year. having said that, i expect Tang / Xia will not succumb without a fight, giving us a glimpse of what the WD landscape will look like post-2012.

Wang Xin vs Wang Yihan - who says women's event are boring? i am expecting another nail biter final like the Denmark open. Wang Xin has been in great form and I look forward to enjoying the incredible technique and gracious yet powerful display from this lefthander.

Ko Sung Hyun / Yoo Yeung Sung vs. Matthias Boe / Carsten Mogensen - the best pair that Europe has to offer has been displaying some very powerful and consistent badminton lately. while the upcoming pair from Korea is out to prove their status as the #2 pair of the Korean badminton powerhouse. the Danes have upper hand on head-to-head but i will expect a very fast and furious match between these two.

Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei vs. Joachim Fischer Nielsen / Christinna Pedersen - the final day is just getting better and better. Z/Z just broke their jinx against the Danes in the HK Open last week, will they be able to do it against in the delight of their home crowd? i don't know, what we know is that this will be another 3 game match topped off with a couple of deuce games.

Chen Long vs. Lin Dan - the home crowd will love this. i just hope that LD decides to play a real game to give us a display of what the best of the best from China has to offer. no prediction from me for this match, i just want to sit back and relax and hope i won't fall asleep because it will likely be around 2am where i will be.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

opps, that means CHN probably will get 3 then

#5 AlanY, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Looking forward to see Xd match, dont know why ZN/ZYL have so much trouble vs JFN/CP.....the Dane have become serious contender in OG '12

7. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I just finished watching the LD vs LCW Final. Both played extremely well, a number of excellent rallies throughout the three games. I think that LCW ran out of steam in the 2nd and 3rd game. Both players ran each other around but I think fitness definitely played a factor in this game. LD however was continuing his strategy of clearing and dropping very often until he managed to get an opening to attack LCW with a good smash. Ultimately his tactic really proved too effective for LCW. It's a shame, LCW played very well in the first game with excellent aggressive play, but I think LD outplayed LCW here plain and simple. He had a better gameplan and executed it well.

I will say though, LCW's cross court drops were outstanding this match.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D

I have just posted my PAW entries for this Finals;

* WD: Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang [1] to defeat Tang Jinhua/Xia Huan

* WS: Wang Yihan [2] to defeat ]Wang Xin [3]

* MD: Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen [3] to defeat Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong [4]

* XD: Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei [1] to defeat Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [3]

* MS: Lin Dan [3] to defeat Chen Long [2]

Let's see how many correct guesses I will get.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Players unhappy with 'slow' shuttlecocks

Let's hope that there will be a BIG crowd attending on Finals Day.

A report that I have received said "Players unhappy with 'slow' shuttlecocks".

Source: http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...adminton/30437125_1_shuttle-second-seed-speed

====== * ====== start article ====== * ======

AFP
    Nov 24, 2011, 09.04PM

SHANGHAI: The Badminton Federation defended Thursday the shuttlecocks being used at this week's China Open in Shanghai following a series of complaints from players.

Tournament referee Isabelle Jobard said the three types of shuttles in tournament use, each with their own speed, had been calibrated by how far they flew when hit by an average player and no speed problems were detected.

On Wednesday the women's singles fifth seed Jiang Yanjiao from China said "because the temperature of the stadium is cool, so the speed of the shuttle is very slow", after losing to Bulgarian Petya Nedelcheva.

Winning players on Thursday also chimed in to the debate: "a little slow," said first seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia after dispatching with his second round opponent.

Men's doubles first seeds Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng, said after their victory they thought the speed of the shuttle was forcing them to play a game of strength and limiting their ability to craft their strokes.

Jobard, a physicist and expert in her field at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris and badminton official as a hobby, explained that because the shuttles are made of duck feathers they are especially sensitive to humidity.

"It's just like hair... when it's humid or dry your hair is different and the feathers are (the) same material as hair", she said, adding that the tests carried out were not scientific.

The size of the Yuan Sheng Stadium in Shanghai was an important factor affecting shuttle speed, players said.

"Because the stadium is big, so the shuttle is relatively slow and that is why we have so many long rallies," said Chen Long of China, the men's single's second seed who beat Dane Hans-Kristian Vittingus to reach the quarterfinals.

Peter Gade of Denmark, the number eight men's doubles seed who also advanced Thursday to the quarterfinals agreed. "This is a very slow stadium. It's always been like that," said Gade. "It's not a fast playing hall."

"If the hall is packed with a big crowd and the temperature is rising and gets to 25 degrees (77 degrees Fahrenheit), then we might change the speed of the shuttle," Jobard said.

Currently, she said, the stadium was a chilly 20-21 degrees Celsius (68-69 degrees Farenheit).

====== * ====== end article ====== * ======

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    duck feathers?!?

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Every time Kwun predicts Boe/Moe to lose, they ends up winning....so I PAW Boe/Moe....hahaha

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D It's probably quoted incorrectly. :D:D:D

Some Badminton media reporters do not have enough knowledge about our Badminton. :eek::eek::eek:

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D I have also PAWed for Boe/Moe. :D:D:D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    from now on, i will predict them win. every time. :D

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    15 mins....

ARE YOU READY????

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    link for today's webcast:

[video=youtube;brfTX4nY3sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfTX4nY3sc&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    first match is women's double.

Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli vs. Tang Jinhua / Xia Huan.

18. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

My fave Junior WD is going to play my Fave Senior WD
    Go..Go..Goooo....

19. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

Let's fly some birds!!!

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    choppy streaming video... no!!!!!