Armotec 900 Power Lee Chong Wei Edition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Renmazuo27, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Hi all,

Just looking for a review of this racket or testimonies to anyone who has tried/used/has this racket.

I've done a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I have played with AT900P and AT900PLC. For what i can tell, AT900PLC is more towards single game, while AT900P suits both single and double. AT900PLC is less maneuverable as compared with his red brother, but it is really rewarding in terms of smash power.

Therefore, if you like to smash, and play single a lot, 900PLC is your way to go, however if you do play double, than go with 900P, unless if your stamina is really fit, then 900PLC might work as well..

Anyway, if money is not a problem, just buy both for the sake of trying for yourself..:p

3. Renmazuo27

Sorry for the late reply on this, but thanks Licin! Would you happen to know what is the comparison between the AT900PLC v the MX80? The MX80 is a racket i'm quite happy to use playing doubles. If they are similar in characteristics then I would think I could adapt to it.

For sake of the argument, I find I have trouble with the VT80LTD in doubles games and tend to reserve it for singles use

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Renmazuo27

Yeah i have played with both of them. MX80 is a good racket to play with, single or double, just name it. It does the job & fit the bill able to attack as well as defense, it is a fast racket too. On the other side of the table, IMO 900PLC is a head heavier than MX80, noticeably, 900PLC outclasses MX 80 on smash ability. But since it is a head heavy racket to the extent that its characteristic takes him down in defense department.

So if i have the cash, i would buy these 2 outstanding rackets, use MX80 for double & single and 900PLC for single & double if your physical condition at above 80%...hehehee......But if you want to reside your extra cash to buy lets say shoes, bag, string, etc then you just buy MX80 , the jack of all trades.
    I forgot to add, 900PLC does not just require top stamina, it requires a proper technique as well..

I have never tried VT80LTD, but have tried VT80, 900PLC is somewhat similar to VT80 but with extra smash power.
    Have you tried AT900P the red one? do you have difficulties on that as you have found when you was using VT80LTD?

5. Holy Banana

Holy Banana Regular Member

at900plc is similar to vt80 just that at900plc frame is bigger

6. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I have played with all three of them. I personally owns MX80 and VT80. To me, the MX80 is the best all around racket ive ever use IMO (but the shaft is stiffer than VT80 and AT900PLC) . The AT900PLC is simlar to VT80 just like Holy Banana said.

7. Renmazuo27

Ah right. I have no problems smashing with the VT80LTD, defence when playing doubles is a bit difficult though.

Also I wanted to know, what is the max tension the AT900PLC can take?

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Renmazuo27

You would probably have a bit of difficulties in defense when you use 900PLC.

Max tension wise, it really depends on the stringer & stringing machine.
    As a reference, I strung my 900P red color at 29/31 Lbs BG80 @ Yonex ES 5 pro machine, 4 knot.
    so i guess 900PLC can be well strung around that..

9. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Head heavy and very stiff is all I can say. I would actually consider the VT80 since it has better head speed and is a (slight) improvement over the AT900P. But they're both veritable sledgehammers, and more suited for a singles game rather than doubles. I struggle using both for the fast drives and smash returns typical in a doubles game. It's just too heavy for my use.

10. Renmazuo27

Hrmm, I might put it off for now. If I did get one I would've got it strung at around 26lb. From what you guys say it would have been able to take it.