User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to correlate the eye vision problem with playing badminton by finding out whether we had already weared glasses before we played badminton. Assuming most of us play badminton only three hours a day, three days a week, a lot of activities besides playing badminton would more possibly cause eye sight problem.

I suggest some of us who have at least four children in the family start an experiment. Divide your kids into two groups. One group of children play badminton with you. The other group do something else. Check their eye sight regularly and report the result back here... haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.....so many problems with glasses and contacts.....maybe yonex should team up with some glasses or contacts company and make some badminton glasses or contacts or something? Hopefully Yonex will make a variety of different styles of glasses, so everyone won't be wearing the same pair of glasses....what a scary thought!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they'd probably end up as designer shades ala The Matrix. This could be good for tennis, but not badminton though. No one wears shades to play badminton!

One question : Shuttlecocks are (most of the time) white and bright in colour, could it help if one wears shades to play the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thought of wearing sun glasses in the gym I play badminton cause the light is too bright...... haha....
    But I never do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eye sight has been the most annoying thing when I'm playing badminton. I wear contacts but sometimes I can't really accurately analyse the high ball, that affects my timing so badly. Second most annoying: when the contacts move and irritate my eyes! I hate when that happens! I can't really see the ball and my eyes become watery, covering my sight! GRMBL......... well, same thing here, I have bad eye sight bcoz of my bad habits in reading and spending too much time in front of computer.

INTERESTINGLY, 80% of advanced players in my club wear glasses (not even contacts)! Maybe we can start a study on the correlation between badminton players and bad eye sight :P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We here know why without a big study, asian kids study too hard and play too much computer games
    -----------------------------------------

Lifestyle Blamed for Rise in Myopia in East Asia

Wed Jul 7, 2:04 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A rise in myopia, or nearsightedness, in east Asia is due to lifestyle changes and not genetics, a science magazine said on Wednesday.
    Genetic variations that make people more susceptible to myopia were thought to be the cause of the increase in the vision problem in countries such as Singapore and Japan where cases have risen sharply.

But Ian Morgan, of the Australian National University in Canberra, said there is no evidence to support the genetic theory and added that the rise in myopia is due to lifestyle changes, particularly hours spent indoors reading or in front of a computer or television.

"Children now spend much of their time focusing on close objects, such as books or computers," New Scientist magazine said. "To compensate, the eyeball is thought to grow longer. That way less effort is needed to focus up close, but the elongated eye can no longer focus on distant objects."

People with myopia have difficulty seeing objects at a distance, or reading signs but can do close-up tasks and read.

The magazine said the rate of myopia in India is about 10 percent but that 70 percent of 18-year-old men of Indian origin in Singapore have myopia.

Morgan and Kathryn Rose, of the University of Sydney, also cited a study in Israel which found that 80 percent of teenage boys studying in religious schools that emphasized reading texts had myopia, compared to 30 percent in state schools.

"As kids spend more time indoors, on computers or watching telly, we are going to become just as myopic," said Morgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, badminton only helps your vision if anything its a good excercise for the eye.

BTW, have you ever wonder if the monitor that you are staring into this exact moment maybe the main source for vision related issues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2