shoelaces too tight can lead to injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Capnx, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

so here's my personal story
    in June, I got a new pair of badminton shoes, tight fitting (but not too tight) just how i like them especially with the laces very tight. So after about a couple of months I started feeling pain/strain on top of my right foot, but only when I'm on court, but I didn't think too much of it.

Last month, the pain started traveling up to my ankle... and I'm like oh crap I injured/sprained my right ankle (but can't recall when?). I kept playing, but since I can't move well with my ankle hurting I started over extending my shoulder and elbow to reach for shots especially my backhand, and now I have a very bad elbow.

Last week I noticed that the top of my left foot started to hurt when I'm on court as well... so I thought hmm... there could be a connection... So I loosened by shoelaces and right away I can feel the pain going away...

So the moral of the story is:
    1. don't tie ur shoe laces so tight. or for that matter, any sports wear should not constrict any muscle movements
    2. when you have any injury, regardless how small, get to the root cause and don't keep playing because small injuries can lead to awkward movement which could lead to more injuries