Andrew Smith [England]

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ThomasCoughlin, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ThomasCoughlin

ThomasCoughlin New Member

Student
    Hey guys,
    I'm new here but have used forums before so I rekon this is the correct place to post this thread, so that should be all dandy.

I was looking through the bwf world ranking and I can't seem to find Andrew Smith, the england singles player anywhere, I do know that he joined the KLRC a few years ago and had some disagreements with BadmintonEngland in the past as well as having a bit of a fiery temper that has got him into bother a couple of times...
    But what is happening with him now? Has he been banned from competing or something along those lines?
    I'd like to know as he's definately Englands best singles player previously ranked in the world top 20, as well as I got to meet him at the Sudirman cup in 2007 and he was a genuinely nice guy.

Cheers for any responses :)

Tom

2. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    I saw Smith at the English Nationals in 2010 when he famously turned up in beach shorts, he lost in straight games to the no.2 Baxter in the qtrs I think. I hear he's back in England coaching now, retired from playing.

4. policecop

policecop Regular Member

yeah I think we've seen the last of Smith, surprised he didn't carry on as I think he would have qualified for the Olympics. Injuries might have forced his hand though.

5. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Interesting, Smith is entered in the Italian International next week, hopefully he's back and injury free