Is yonex sizing consistent over the years ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by hotshots, Nov 28, 2011.

1. hotshots

hotshots Regular Member

IT-Consultant
    I think it's about time i upgraded my archaic Yonex SHB-99 Limited Editions. I'm really pleased with how they fit my foot, and I'm looking at getting a pair of SHB-102LTD which seems to be their present equivalent. Can I get the exact same size I have on my SHB-99s or has Yones sizing shifted over the years ? (the SHB-99s are around 10 years old by now). I need to know since I want to order them over the net and finding them in a shop here in Oslo is impossible.

2. Alexmccave

Alexmccave New Member

When I had to choose an new pair instead of my SHB-99 i tried on the new at that time SHB-100 and discovered, that they were to small for me. I wear European Size 47 and that was the largest Size of the Yonex shoes, thus i had to switch to Asics.
    So my advice - better try on somewhere or check the return and exchange policy of your internet vendor.

3. hotshots

hotshots Regular Member

IT-Consultant
    Which means sizing has changed. Since most sites/people seem to recommend going up a full or half a size I think I'll try going for half a size larger than my present ones. I'll make sure to read the return policy though, thanks for the tip.

4. Alexmccave

Alexmccave New Member

Update

Yesterday tried the new SHB 102 - way to big for me, unfortunately they had no 46 of the new model. Then i tried SHB101 and they were OK.
    So here is my Yonex Story of the Size EUR47

SHB99 - good
    SHB100 - too small
    SHB101 - good
    SHB102 - way too big

So better try on.