Fore arm

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Lukasy, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Hello,

Since I play with my Yonex AT500 (3U) I have some pain in my fore arm. Could it be from the stiffness of the racket? I played with a Sotx Woven 9, YY AT600 and YY Voltric 5 before and didn't had the problem. I had the same problem with the YY Arc8DX.

Should I get used to the stiffness or should I look for an other racquet? I changed from the W9 to the AT500 because I want a 3U racket.
    Can somebody help me?

2. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Just curious, have you been playing regularly? Or is this your first session after awhile. If not then it could be the stiffness of your racket, though the AT500 isn't just medium stiff if I remember. Also what tension do you string at?

3. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

I play regulary, but it was the first time after a while with my AT500. My tension is 10kg = 22lbs.

4. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    How long has it been? Muscles atrophy very quickly and if you don't play for awhile. For example, if I don't play for a month and then play a hard session of badminton, most of my muscles will be aching, including my forearm. If longer than a month then the pain will be pretty extreme, regardless of what racket I use.

5. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

I don't have the problem with my Sotx Woven 9. I play every week 2 times. Ok it has been 5 months since I played with the AT500