User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 56
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,444
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    Aw that's really sweet of you thank you My palm is normal size for a girl not too small. I will do that. By the way you meant I have to peel the original grip off and replace it with the Karakal one? It wouldn't ruin the racket,would it? lol sorry for being silly :P x
    yes, you need to take off the original grip (it is not good anyway, the karakal grip is much better than factory grip)
    it will not going to damage your racket, don't worry

    that's what I do when I buy a new racket, I took off the original grip straight away and put replacement grip
    you need to know how to grip the racket, or you can ask someone to do it for you

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've changed grips on both my badminton and tennis rackets before but its the overgrip that I have done :S So is it the same way to do with the replacement pu grip? I normally had the shop doing the pu grip for me :P will try to sort out myself first shouldn't be hard =) thank you xxx

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,444
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    I've changed grips on both my badminton and tennis rackets before but its the overgrip that I have done :S So is it the same way to do with the replacement pu grip? I normally had the shop doing the pu grip for me :P will try to sort out myself first shouldn't be hard =) thank you xxx
    the way putting over grip and replacement grip should be same
    however remember not to put too much layer as replacement grip is really thick

    usually try to grip it the way original grip looks like

    remember it is pu SUPER grip (normal pu grip would be an over grip)

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well, you can always put a overgrip an try out the racket first.

    if you like = profit

    if you dont like
    a) the racket, then you can sell it at mint condition with original grip
    b) the grip but you like the racket, then you only lose a few bucks (squids in your case)

    also if you do remove the original grip, i suggest you tape the wood with some electrical tape. i sweat like rain, so the damp will ruin the wooden handle

    arc9fl is a much better choice than NS9900 for intermediate & female player as its medium+ flex & slightly light head. enjoy your christmas gift to yourself

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    well, you can always put a overgrip an try out the racket first.

    if you like = profit

    if you dont like
    a) the racket, then you can sell it at mint condition with original grip
    b) the grip but you like the racket, then you only lose a few bucks (squids in your case)

    also if you do remove the original grip, i suggest you tape the wood with some electrical tape. i sweat like rain, so the damp will ruin the wooden handle

    arc9fl is a much better choice than NS9900 for intermediate & female player as its medium+ flex & slightly light head. enjoy your christmas gift to yourself
    Thank you for your lovely ideas Moomoo. I will definitely try to wrap an overgrip around the original grip first without peeling anything just to see how thick I want my grip to be and to try out the racket like you say. I don't think my hand is as sweaty as yours lol but I will consider doing that too if I'm replacing the original grip.

    The order will be delivered today and I play tomorrow. So will review and let you guys know how it feels and how it is like with me.

    Thank you x

  6. #23
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,728
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    After hours of consideration and the help of the glittery cone of the Arc9fl. I don't think I would fancy Nanoray500 as I would of got 700rp now because I can afford it now it's christmas and I would need to wait for new nanoray til March next year, well it's just about 4 months but Would you wait? Is it worth the wait? Sorry if I'm being too hasty. Feel free to stop me getting things if I start to sound nonsense to you lol

    And I think My choice would be.

    **Arcsaber 9fl with Yonex bg66 ultimax strung at 24 lbs???**

    What do you guys think?

    xxx
    Just to come back to this, I think we are all (most that are considering it anyway ) waiting for the new NanoRay to come out first, the one that is expected around the All England period but has not even been anounced yet. But that's what we have come to expect from Yonex over the years (so not the 500 indeed, we expect it will be higher up the in the line than the 700RP and FX)

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah but thats MONTHS away and unconfirmed.

    better a racket at hand then 2 rackets in the bush

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I've got my Arc9FL yesterday Very Happy! Directsports eshop did a brillian job of re stringing and Printing the logo back on, I almost had a go at them thinking they didn't do the re stringing as I saw the logo on the string. Then looked at the line and realized it's been re strung with BG66 Ultimax already lol It's 2UG4.

    The racket itself looks smashing! so sexy! the weight is not bad either. I don't feel superlight though but it's got a good nice light head. So I went to play a game last night. Have produced a lot of good shots!I love the power of it when I tried to push the others back to the back of the court. It's quite fun to smash with it. Gives a good noise and positioning well. Strung at 23lbs. The control is amazing. But I kinda feel that the shaft is longer than my old one. So I've missed some shots that's quite easy because of that

    I've tried nothing but to put an over grip on the original grip, It's not bad but I will next time just leave or change the pu grip and put nothing on top of it. The racket is 2UG4

    Overall. I love it, enjoy playing with it and will practice with it more to get the best performance out of it. Thank you for you all for the suggestions of this racket. Well appreciated. TOTALLY LOVIN IT <3 xxx

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,444
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    Hi guys,

    I've got my Arc9FL yesterday Very Happy! Directsports eshop did a brillian job of re stringing and Printing the logo back on, I almost had a go at them thinking they didn't do the re stringing as I saw the logo on the string. Then looked at the line and realized it's been re strung with BG66 Ultimax already lol It's 2UG4.

    The racket itself looks smashing! so sexy! the weight is not bad either. I don't feel superlight though but it's got a good nice light head. So I went to play a game last night. Have produced a lot of good shots!I love the power of it when I tried to push the others back to the back of the court. It's quite fun to smash with it. Gives a good noise and positioning well. Strung at 23lbs. The control is amazing. But I kinda feel that the shaft is longer than my old one. So I've missed some shots that's quite easy because of that

    I've tried nothing but to put an over grip on the original grip, It's not bad but I will next time just leave or change the pu grip and put nothing on top of it. The racket is 2UG4

    Overall. I love it, enjoy playing with it and will practice with it more to get the best performance out of it. Thank you for you all for the suggestions of this racket. Well appreciated. TOTALLY LOVIN IT <3 xxx
    you mean the other way around, 4U G2 right?
    2U would be in 90-95gr range which is not light lol!
    I'm sure it's 4U which is 80-85gr (dry weight, without over grip or replacement grip and string)

    usually the length of an old racket is 665mm while new racket such as arcsaber 9FL that you bought is 675mm (1cm difference)

    glad you like the racket, enjoy

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Avenger,

    My mistake! it's 4U G4 lol aw ok a cm longer cool.

    Thank You x

  11. #28
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    G4 is on the large side for a lady's hand, but if it's all they had, you were stuck. Given how happy you are with the 9FL, I think you'd have hated the NS9900 and NS990 - they're a LOT more work!

    Have a try of the NR700FX if you get the chance - it has some of the same materials tech as the 9FL.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    G4 is on the large side for a lady's hand, but if it's all they had, you were stuck. Given how happy you are with the 9FL, I think you'd have hated the NS9900 and NS990 - they're a LOT more work!

    Have a try of the NR700FX if you get the chance - it has some of the same materials tech as the 9FL.
    LOL luckily my hand is not tiny so its not so bad. My old racket is G3 :S I've seen a nanospeed already and yes I think you are right it's too stiff for me, more power and control. So quite glad that I went for this one.

    I will definitely do that as NanorayFX came to my attention too at the first place. What the main different between 9FL and Nanoray700FX in your opinion? Thank you

  13. #30
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Going by the literature, the FX should be slightly stiffer, but there won't be much in it. I think the FX comes in 4U as well, so it should be a good comparison.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nanoray700fx would have been more repulsive quicker on defence and drives. you'll fell it stiff to swing around but when you make contact you'll still get the feel of the shuttle bouncing off the racket.

    the arc9fl would have more hold/control and more power and less demanding too. plus its pink, bought your hello kitty stickers yet?

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    nanoray700fx would have been more repulsive quicker on defence and drives. you'll fell it stiff to swing around but when you make contact you'll still get the feel of the shuttle bouncing off the racket.

    the arc9fl would have more hold/control and more power and less demanding too. plus its pink, bought your hello kitty stickers yet?
    lol I've now got a pink racket bag for it but still save the Hello Kitty Stickers for later. Don't want to scare anyone at my club off yet :P

    I will definitely try the nanoray 700fx when I can but now I'm so happy with my lovely pink one After playing with it for almost a month, I think 23 lbs is perfect for my liking and will get it to be re strung to 24 next time if I feel daring. But like you say it's not so demanding and very all rounding which is good but with more confident and experience I might try another option.

    I feel like Nanoray 700fx will be a great choice after I get my techniques and style settled after haven't played for so long. More experience will tell what style I want to and what the game I would like to play and to know how capable I am to play with a quicker stiffer more repulsive racket. But the Nanoray would be definitely the next choice I will consider if I want another racket.
    Last edited by Pai4sale; 01-01-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: adding stuff

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just took a look at your profile. If you really do play with plastics, definitely do not go over 24lbs. And I would suggest not to use hard feeling strings at such tensions for plastic shuttles.

    As for hello kitty. You could always do this.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...27#post1616527

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    I just took a look at your profile. If you really do play with plastics, definitely do not go over 24lbs. And I would suggest not to use hard feeling strings at such tensions for plastic shuttles.

    As for hello kitty. You could always do this.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...27#post1616527
    OMG I LOVE THE KITTY ONE LOL hahaha I want mine stenciled like that now so cute! just cannot stop laughing. Will consider doing it next time when I re string mine and be brave enough.

    I've now started playing with some guys who are only using feather shuttlecocks. To be honest, it is LOTS better. but with the club I don't think they can choose - hence expenses and stuff. So I think 24 lbs will be the maximum I will go to. Thank you for the comment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: yonex nanoray 700rp (USA)
    By skywalker in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
  2. FS: Urgent!!! Nanoray 700rp (perfect cond)
    By egswy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Nanoray 700RP. PLEASE LOOK
    By egswy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM
  4. Nanoray 700RP 3u vs 4u?
    By tcmaster in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 7
    : 12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
  5. Win a Yonex Nanoray 700RP from C1
    By dzdhenry in forum ClearOne Badminton Centre
    Replies: 0
    : 11-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •