User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your opponents will either be OMG or WTF if they see you hello kitty logo on your pink racket.

Tensionwise, I max out at around 25lbs. Any higher it feels too harsh for me, so I play at 23/24lbs.
    also, 24 lbs for different stringers will feel different. So stick to a regular stringer that you like the work of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    your opponents will either be OMG or WTF if they see you hello kitty logo on your pink racket.

Tensionwise, I max out at around 25lbs. Any higher it feels too harsh for me, so I play at 23/24lbs.
    also, 24 lbs for different stringers will feel different. So stick to a regular stringer that you like the work of.
    It will me WTF more like lol but who cares :P better than playing **** and having a bland boring racket too isn't it, so now even I play **** at least I've still got a cool one haha

I think I'd prefer 23/24lbs like you. will try to go up to 24 lbs next time and see how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I definitely would be impress by your pink racket with a hello kitty logo.

As for myself, I only have bland boring rackets :P But I do like my purple coloured overgrip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I definitely would be impress by your pink racket with a hello kitty logo.

As for myself, I only have bland boring rackets :P But I do like my purple coloured overgrip.
    I have now already replaced the original grip with a pink karakal pu super grip so I've got a very pink racket at the moment lol Also have a pink-black yonex racquet bag. I'm not personally a pinky girl but I don't know why :P probably want to make it stand out a bit or want to trick others that I'm not serious with it having this girly pinky stuffs haha

What racket have you got? I really want to try the nanoray 700fx soon as I want another back up one in case the string on the 9fl broken or something and after training my wrist for a few months, think I'm now ready for a stiffer shaft racquet
    Last edited by Pai4sale; 01-03-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    Aw that's really sweet of you thank you My palm is normal size for a girl not too small. I will do that. By the way you meant I have to peel the original grip off and replace it with the Karakal one? It wouldn't ruin the racket,would it? lol sorry for being silly :P x
    It won't ruin your racket. It remove always the original grip when I got a new racket. Karakal is a very decent grip. It will make your racket handle a lot better. But what about towel grip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    It won't ruin your racket. It remove always the original grip when I got a new racket. Karakal is a very decent grip. It will make your racket handle a lot better. But what about towel grip?
    You think towel grip is a good choice? I've played tennis before and tried on towel grip a few time and considering tennis makes you more sweaty than badminton I still don't like it. My hands are hardly really sweaty especially playing in the UK.

Karakal is very good like you say. Very grippy and nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badminton rackets......

my current go go rackets
    victor sw 37 - , mid flex, balanced+
    sotx woven 8a - stiff flex, balanced+

others in my bag
    wilson k lite
    sotx lg 200
    rsl m11 heat 600 ( head heavy - I don;t like it)

My overgrip of choice is the RKEP purple G09, it is very tacky. Being tracky is great since I realise the best way for me to generate power is to actually hold my racket lightly. And only grip it harder on impact.

I only recently figure out about holding a badminton racket lightly since my first love is tennis. And in tennis, a light grip is not a good idea. Plus, like you, I haven't done any badminton or any other sports in ages. ( in my case, no sports for like 12 years).

Its all good, badminton is great for fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thinking of getting a gold nanoray 80 to join my bag of bland boring rackets :P

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pai4sale View Post
    You think towel grip is a good choice? I've played tennis before and tried on towel grip a few time and considering tennis makes you more sweaty than badminton I still don't like it. My hands are hardly really sweaty especially playing in the UK.

Karakal is very good like you say. Very grippy and nice
    I don't think that tennis makes you more sweaty than badminton only due the movement exclude outside playing. If you ever played a tournament day with a bunch of single games with long rallys against good opponents you would know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badminton rackets......

my current go go rackets
    victor sw 37 - , mid flex, balanced+
    sotx woven 8a - stiff flex, balanced+

others in my bag
    wilson k lite
    sotx lg 200
    rsl m11 heat 600 ( head heavy - I don;t like it)

My overgrip of choice is the RKEP purple G09, it is very tacky. Being tracky is great since I realise the best way for me to generate power is to actually hold my racket lightly. And only grip it harder on impact.

I only recently figure out about holding a badminton racket lightly since my first love is tennis. And in tennis, a light grip is not a good idea. Plus, like you, I haven't done any badminton or any other sports in ages. ( in my case, no sports for like 12 years).

Its all good, badminton is great for fitness.
    Lots of racquets you've got there I've got the ARC9FL and another Wilson that I've got from the JJB sale when I decided to play again. Is it RKEP grip good? I know what you mean with that. I need something more grippy for me. Badminton is good I haven't played since school! And now cannot remember how I did back in school but I'm really happy with my playing at the moment so it's all good Your golden racquet seems like a good plan go for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    I don't think that tennis makes you more sweaty than badminton only due the movement exclude outside playing. If you ever played a tournament day with a bunch of single games with long rallys against good opponents you would know that.
    You might are probably right the different is I'd played tennis back in Thailand so sweat comes from everywhere lol And now I'm in the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the pink RKEP g09 is suppose to be the most tackiest of the g09 overgrip.

whole thread on different RKEP grips http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...1662-RKEP-Grip

btw, isn't yy rackets in thailand a lot cheaper than the UK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the pink RKEP g09 is suppose to be the most tackiest of the g09 overgrip.

whole thread on different RKEP grips http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...1662-RKEP-Grip

btw, isn't yy rackets in thailand a lot cheaper than the UK?
    I will check it out Where did you get them from? there's non in direct sports website and none on ebay

YES YY rackets in Thailand is about 40-50 pound cheaper than here but I've got no choice with the arc9FL because I hadn't got a plan to go back there soon. but I definitely will try the nanoray 700fx out when I'm back there if so I like I would just buy it in Thailand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24pcs-REKP...item1e62f3ddb1

Basically rkep (Eric) is based in taiwan.

I can't remember his email. Maybe you can contact him and see if you can buy like 10 pcs to test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24pcs-REKP...item1e62f3ddb1

Basically rkep (Eric) is based in taiwan.

I can't remember his email. Maybe you can contact him and see if you can buy like 10 pcs to test.
    Aw cool thank you so they are overgrip? Is it really thin? as I've tried a layer of overgrip on my original grip and it feels a bit too thick for my hand and liking. but this one seems good I want some pink ones now lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found it. Eric's email RKEPracket@gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found it. Eric's email RKEPracket@gmail.com
    Is that the email of the seller on ebay or the manufacturer? That's cool thank you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast