Nonospeed 9900 Special Edition or Nanoray 700RP HELP CHOOSING? :D

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pai4sale, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi guys,

I'm a girl who've played in a club for a while mostly mixed double and want to upgrade my racket from a sale Wilson one I've got from a sport shop to something nice and will be my long term racket.

My style is definitely more offensive than defensive and quite quick so these two come in mind straight away.

Which one you think is better?I've read that the NS9900 is faster but the new technology in Nanoray700 sounds worth to try as well. So I need Help!!? :confused:

First I was about to buy an old but brand new NS9900JP from last year but it's not actually that cheap comparing to the warranty and the depreciation lost etc. So now think about to buy a new one from http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk as they give next day free delivery and free stringing as well.

And what about which string and tension I've got no clues about what the string should I get with the racket as well? and tension? So all comments are welcomed :D

Thanks xxx

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

No offence but why are you looking at these models when you are not even aware of strings and tension? Just trying to get the whole picture ;) (and no, there are no good deals on eBay :p, but talk of depreciation and such probably means you were going for the real deal elsewhere :))

3. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

lol I've just started do this research for two days first. I am quite new and I didn't think about getting serious about playing but I do enjoy it so I want to invest into something nice and in a long run for christmas? I know a few string types and the range of the usual tension for stringing but just want to know the comment and recommendation from the pros and badminton lovers in here :) And If've got no clues about string and tension that needed I wouldn't of asked about it,just get what it's there lol

As I've said I want to get it from http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk it sounds like the best deal I could find.And they are authorized seller here.

thank you x

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so.. you are beginner?
    IMO NS9900 would crush your shoulder and arms
    it is a very stiff racket and you will not be able to produce good shot with it (you can't even bend it, transfer of the energy would be minimum)

IMO go for something like medium or flexible shaft
    try something like NS990 (yes with missing 0)
    or for woman, it seems arcsaber 3FL or arcsabr 9FL also a good choice because it is light weight

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:cool: Okay, hehe. Chances are another NanoRay model will be released around the All England so you might want to hold out for that (plus the NanoRay 500 should be released soon enough) but seeing the prices are about equal and the NS9900 is tried and trusted it is a "safer" pick but as they say on Direct Sportse: "Ideal racket for players with a quick swing" (so can you get the max out of it is one question you should ask yourself). ArcSaber 9FL might be worth looking into as well, quite popular with many of our top junior ladies and Imogen Bankier's racket of choice as well iirc (http://badminton-coach.co.uk/2078/yonex-arcsaber-9fl-badminton-racquet-review/)

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you can't go wrong with arcsaber 9 FL
    it's a pink racket :p

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A "pretty" pink racquet is the old ArcSaber 9 or the 3FL (or 5DX in magenta), apart from the girlish glittery cone it looks pretty good this ARC9FL. And nothing a little overgrip can't hide regarding the cone :p. Only thing is the UK price is kinda crazy ... it is a full £30 cheaper here in Holland.

#7 demolidor, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  8. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

OMG! THE ARCSABER 9FL is in dusty glittery pink - I'M IN LOVE <3 lol *gets my hello kitty racket bag out*

Well actually I'm intermediate but haven't played for a while since moved to the UK so I didn't catch up with new stuffs at all.

What is new about the Nanoray500 is it better and more expensive than 700? the Arcsaber9fl is a bit expensive than 700rp. What you reckon? Is it worth the wait? Should I wait or should I go for something else like the Arcsaber9fl? x

9. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

After hours of consideration and the help of the glittery cone of the Arc9fl. I don't think I would fancy Nanoray500 as I would of got 700rp now because I can afford it now it's christmas :) and I would need to wait for new nanoray til March next year, well it's just about 4 months but Would you wait? Is it worth the wait? Sorry if I'm being too hasty. Feel free to stop me getting things if I start to sound nonsense to you lol

And I think My choice would be.

**Arcsaber 9fl with Yonex bg66 ultimax strung at 24 lbs???**

What do you guys think?

xxx

10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    24lbs might be too tight for female (the rule of thumb 22-24lbs for intermediate is for male)
    for female, usually 24 lbs is the max
    many woman player plays at 20-22 lbs
    IMO, go for 20 lbs

11. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Aw ok :) I've got quite a brutal smash for a girl though lol You think 20 lbs? what is a different it makes between 20 lbs and decreasing to 22lbs apart from the string becomes worn out easier?

I think I would get This Arcsaber to be my all-round mixed doubles game and keep an eye on new interesting things that will be out.

Thank you again guys and Avenger you're AMAZING! :D

12. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    go for 22-23 lbs :)

13. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    at 24lbs, the string is tighter and will worn out string faster
    it gives more accuracy to your shot in exchange of power

at 20 lbs, the string is less tight and will not worn out easily (break)
    20 lbs will give you trampoline effect which add more power to your shot
    however, the trampoline effect reduce the accuracy of the shot (esp around net play)

20 lbs is ok for intermediate
    it's up to you, well, how about in the middle, 21 lbs? lol..

14. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

lol Might try something in between 20-24 out first time and see how it goes :) Do you think a girl will need any more grips than just an over grip on top of the original grip? x

15. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Thank you :) x

16. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    since I don't know how big is your hand
    I would go for change the original grip with replacement grip (no need for over grip)

from the http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/ you can buy karakal PU super grip
    take off the original grip and replace it with the karakal grip

http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/Product.aspx?Category=DS_Badminton&Dept=accessories-rackets&Section=karakal-accessories-rackets&ProductID=1557&Name=Karakal%20PU%20Super%20Grip%20Single%20&FromSearchPage=No

17. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Aw that's really sweet of you thank you :) My palm is normal size for a girl not too small. I will do that. By the way you meant I have to peel the original grip off and replace it with the Karakal one? It wouldn't ruin the racket,would it? lol sorry for being silly :p x

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yes, you need to take off the original grip (it is not good anyway, the karakal grip is much better than factory grip)
    it will not going to damage your racket, don't worry

that's what I do when I buy a new racket, I took off the original grip straight away and put replacement grip
    you need to know how to grip the racket, or you can ask someone to do it for you

19. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

:) I've changed grips on both my badminton and tennis rackets before but its the overgrip that I have done :S So is it the same way to do with the replacement pu grip? I normally had the shop doing the pu grip for me :p will try to sort out myself first shouldn't be hard =) thank you xxx

20. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    the way putting over grip and replacement grip should be same
    however remember not to put too much layer as replacement grip is really thick

usually try to grip it the way original grip looks like

remember it is pu SUPER grip (normal pu grip would be an over grip)