User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 23 of 23
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was the one who posted the "extremely unfair" comment in the first place...

    to be fair to both LCW and LD, I think a penalty system should be introduced... a fine and deduction of world ranking points... for example.... repeated offenders should be barred from BWF Level 1 (or 2) events for three months or six months...

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chayady View Post
    Wow, now you questioning this injury and walkover?
    Is it because you have forgot about http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...hts-and-wrongs where you stand firm behing the country that do the shameful tactic?

    Are you creating this thread just because it was LCW this time that "learn" the tactic? You are afraid he will be stronger and beat your "country"?
    Why don't you closed this thread and continue it on the previous thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Blah Blah Blah, here we go again with some sinophile trying to draw a parallel with LCW's withdrawl and how it somehow cast the behaviour of the Chinese team in a more favourable light. What a load of B.S.
    I don't condone what LCW did here, he could have handled it better but let's look at the differences here because there a few and they are key.

    1. He withdrew in the first round. He didn't wait until it was favourable to a Malyasian player. He did it early in the tournament not, during a semi-final or final

    2. No bullshite, he gave his reason and was up front and honest about it. No baloney about some made up injury. I don't like his reason and I hate his timing but, I can understand his reaoning and his timing could have been far worse.

    3. It's an isolated incident. LCW plays in alot of tournaments and how often do you hear about him giving a WO? The reason China draws a lot of ire from fans of the game isn't because of one WO it's because of their pattern of behaviour.

    Calling this a "WO issue", what a load of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    i was the one who posted the "extremely unfair" comment in the first place...

    to be fair to both LCW and LD, I think a penalty system should be introduced... a fine and deduction of world ranking points... for example.... repeated offenders should be barred from BWF Level 1 (or 2) events for three months or six months...
    You guys are wise enough to see the fine line between LD and LCW's case. Some people tried very hard smarting over the issue.

    For those in bold: if this were to be implemented, we shall only be seeing LD return for action in 2013! LMAO

  3. Likes rexelus liked this post
  4. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Blah Blah Blah, here we go again with some sinophile trying to draw a parallel with LCW's withdrawl and how it somehow cast the behaviour of the Chinese team in a more favourable light. What a load of B.S.
    I don't condone what LCW did here, he could have handled it better but let's look at the differences here because there a few and they are key.

    1. He withdrew in the first round. He didn't wait until it was favourable to a Malyasian player. He did it early in the tournament not, during a semi-final or final
    Well, he withdraw later than LD though in this particualr tournament, giving a WO in the first round and not a redraw as with earlier withdrawal (like LD in this case).

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    2. No bullshite, he gave his reason and was up front and honest about it. No baloney about some made up injury. I don't like his reason and I hate his timing but, I can understand his reaoning and his timing could have been far worse.
    No bull..???

    I will not play in your tournament because i feel i could get injured if i play?? What baloney is that???

    He simply prioritize the SSF and his rest and training more than playing a measly GP in Macau just to satisfy his sponsor.. That would have been the honest answer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    3. It's an isolated incident. LCW plays in alot of tournaments and how often do you hear about him giving a WO? The reason China draws a lot of ire from fans of the game isn't because of one WO it's because of their pattern of behavior
    I actually agree that LCW is usually playing alot of tournaments, and kudos to him for that.. But still he has made some notable late withdrawals, Like for example the withdrawal from China Masters, and then played JO the week after. My point is really that LCW isnt "perfect" and evrything isn't black or white..

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Calling this a "WO issue", what a load of garbage.
    Wow, guess i didnt make the irony clera enough for you... Let me spell it out for you "I didn't think it was an issue" neither with LCWs nor LDs withdrawal, thats the point of the ironic post..which seemed to have missed the mark with you..

    I think we need to give more rewards to players that do play, and talk less about "punishments".. I am pretty sure neither LCW nor LD would have withdrawn if the Winner got 5 million usd and the runner up 2 million, for example...
    Last edited by twobeer; 12-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.

  5. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    [0,0,0]
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    No bull..???

    I will not play in your tournament because i feel i could get injured if i play?? What baloney is that???
    The 'no bull' refers to his explanation, he was honest and up front about it. Contrast that with pulling out of numerous events at late stages with mysterous ailments. You don't have to like his reason but at least he was honest about it.

    I actually agree that LCW is usually playing alot of tournaments
    LOL, well isn't that like saying 'I actually agree that the sky is blue'. That he plays a lot of tournaments is pretty much a fact but, more importantly if you want to draw comparisons to LD or China, he finishes alot of tournaments.

    .. But still he has made some notable late withdrawals, Like for example the withdrawal from China Masters, and then played JO the week after. My point is really that LCW isnt "perfect" and evrything isn't black or white..
    No your point is to trying and take relatively few instances of other players withdrawling and use that to try and minimize the fact that your beloved China has numerous withdrawls in a single season.

    Wow, guess i didnt make the irony clera enough for you... Let me spell it out for you "I didn't think it was an issue" neither with LCWs nor LDs withdrawal, thats the point of the ironic post..which seemed to have missed the mark with you..
    First, you need to look up the meaning of the word irony. Second of all, the point of the post was to somehow try a draw a parallel between a relatively isolated incident on the part of a non team China player with a pattern of behaviour on the part of the Chinese team. It's not the first time you've tried this. So cut the crap.

    I still remember your lame ass attempt to compare 4 or so results between two Indonesian players over a period of 5 years and try to draw a parallel to that and how the Chinese Team conducts it's self in a single seanson. This is an only slightly less pathetic effort.

    I think we need to give more rewards to players that do play, and talk less about "punishments".. I am pretty sure neither LCW nor LD would have withdrawn if the Winner got 5 million usd and the runner up 2 million, for example...
    No, the national associations need to go away. This LCW incident isn't ideal but, it is not a systematic issue. The draw manipulation currently done by the Chinese team, despite your trying to draw comparisions, is a systematic issue. If the BWF want to keep the flags (national associations) then they should limit the number of enteries per country for major events (AE, JO, KO and other majors) and get rid of these smaller events and replace them with team events.

    5 million dollar prize for this event? So what? A billion for the All England? Let's assume the prize money really was 5 million, you can bet your ass that when LD meets CL in the Semis there's going to be a WO.

  6. Likes flite liked this post
  7. #22
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Give that guy a break.. i think the CHN team walkovers are even more severe and dramatic.

  8. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    The 'no bull' refers to his explanation, he was honest and up front about it. Contrast that with pulling out of numerous events at late stages with mysterous ailments. You don't have to like his reason but at least he was honest about it.

    LOL, well isn't that like saying 'I actually agree that the sky is blue'. That he plays a lot of tournaments is pretty much a fact but, more importantly if you want to draw comparisons to LD or China, he finishes alot of tournaments.
    To me you seem very biased.. If LCW gives a reason for WO, you think it is honest and truthful, if LD gives a reason for WO you cry foul, dishonesty and match fixing.. I Just think you formed your views based on solid fact, just guesswork and biassed opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    No your point is to trying and take relatively few instances of other players withdrawling and use that to try and minimize the fact that your beloved China has numerous withdrawls in a single season.
    I agree fully with this.. but I think it equally wrong to draw unfounded conslusions based on guesswork and assumed reasons based on statistics showing there are percentagewise (among quite small sampling) more china vs. china WOs. You have to be carful to dont mix facts with your personal bias or assumptions imop..

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    First, you need to look up the meaning of the word irony. Second of all, the point of the post was to somehow try a draw a parallel between a relatively isolated incident on the part of a non team China player with a pattern of behaviour on the part of the Chinese team. It's not the first time you've tried this. So cut the crap.

    I still remember your lame ass attempt to compare 4 or so results between two Indonesian players over a period of 5 years and try to draw a parallel to that and how the Chinese Team conducts it's self in a single seanson. This is an only slightly less pathetic effort.
    I think your tone is agressive and offensive. My point is not to "root for" any country or player.. My point is that all this exhaggerated posts about players who withdraws or WOs in games are lame overall (therefore my ironic post "bashing" LCWs WO in Macau).

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    No, the national associations need to go away.
    Yes, once again I agree with you. I would rather see indivdual players system Like ATP than a setup based much on the national federations. I think a good way forward would be to form an proffessional organisational body for Mens singles, woman singles and one for doubles, and mixed.


    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    This LCW incident isn't ideal but, it is not a systematic issue. The draw manipulation currently done by the Chinese team, despite your trying to draw comparisions, is a systematic issue.
    You are clearly confused about Circumstantial evidence compared to direct evidence.. You conlcude a higher WO rate amongst Chinese players "proove" matchfixing.. I think there are many plausible reasons for higher WO rate when playing trainingpartners than "draw manipulation" and match-fixing. I understand that you view any WO from chineese player as something "planned" and dishonest, and other WOs as "honest" and unplanned. This is not my problem it is just your bias imop.

    Let me pose you this question. Do you think all WOs seen the last year from Chineese players are du to match fixing? Do you bleive there is not a single unplanned or unwanted WOs among thosew? Can you provide a list which ones are "fake" and which ones are real??

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    If the BWF want to keep the flags (national associations) then they should limit the number of enteries per country for major events (AE, JO, KO and other majors) and get rid of these smaller events and replace them with team events.
    I think that is very unfair system, if rating points are rewarded, as you will then get less rating points if you are shut out of tournaments, because yor country produces many talented players.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    5 million dollar prize for this event? So what? A billion for the All England? Let's assume the prize money really was 5 million, you can bet your ass that when LD meets CL in the Semis there's going to be a WO.
    With payment directly to players, I think you can bet your as that there wouldn't be a WO in the semis!! I think Korean Open, last year, is a good example.. Good prizemoney and we did not see any WOs that could even be suspected there... Also the biggest prizemoney in baddy history!
    Last edited by twobeer; 12-06-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. The Walkover & Withdrawal issue - rights and wrongs
    By cobalt in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 391
    : 10-29-2012, 05:55 PM
  2. Lin Dan walkover in MO
    By xymaerts in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011
    Replies: 368
    : 01-30-2011, 10:46 PM
  3. Walkover
    By loweechng in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 2
    : 10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
  4. So many Walkover ?????
    By smash in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 4
    : 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
  5. CCM/KKK is out!!! (walkover to HSH/HJM)
    By weeyet in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 57
    : 09-22-2006, 06:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •