User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm so impressed with Han Li. After watching her today at the AE against a resurgent Tine Baun, what struck me about her was the player - and not necessarily the competitor.

Her footwork is so silken, when she frees her mind. And she has such a pleasing, smooth and relaxed overhead style somehow reminiscent of a certain MS great who just played his last AE. Yes, watching Han Li play is very soothing to the senses. I hope she continues to play for many more years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's very smooth. Agree with you. In this AE, unfortunately, too many disappointing errors, including judgement on the lines. Perhaps she needs to work a bit more on her mental in big tournament like this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her strategic acumen needs to improve too. Or maybe this is the job of her coaches

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the AE WS matches again, I make bold to say that the one who played best against the resurgent Tine Baun was actually Han Li. If she had stayed focused and not be unsettled by a couple of dubious linecalls and her own misjudgements and won G2 when leading 19-16, the momentum might have swung in her favour in G3. Anyway, it's just speculative talk.

What really impressed me was the way she played and I'm convinced she has showed improvement again. Her next two upcoming tournaments are the ABC in Taipei and the AUS Open GPG. Let's see how she proves herself,particularly in the latter event as the defending champion and where her elite compatriots are absent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    After watching the AE WS matches again, I make bold to say that the one who played best against the resurgent Tine Baun was actually Han Li. If she had stayed focused and not be unsettled by a couple of dubious linecalls and her own misjudgements and won G2 when leading 19-16, the momentum might have swung in her favour in G3. Anyway, it's just speculative talk.

What really impressed me was the way she played and I'm convinced she has showed improvement again. Her next two upcoming tournaments are the ABC in Taipei and the AUS Open GPG. Let's see how she proves herself,particularly in the latter event as the defending champion and where her elite compatriots are absent.
    There is no more Tine Baun so she will have to settle for trying to improve herself against lesser players.

She still seems quite raw in the tactical sense and doesn't have the stroke range of her peers yet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    There is no more Tine Baun so she will have to settle for trying to improve herself against lesser players.

She still seems quite raw in the tactical sense and doesn't have the stroke range of her peers yet
    That I agree as I've said similarly on several occasions before; her attack isn't as sharp and forceful as LXR,WYH and WX. At most I see her as CHN's 3rd WS; however, if WX is back, WSX rising again , and some up-and-coming youngster emerging, she'd probably be relegated further.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so pretty!!!

Name:  521912_646768045348592_1457231003_n.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  16.5 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is she Han Jian's daughter? They look alike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Han Jian is in Malaysia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafLgiq9ZJo

During introduction, it's said that Li Xuerui beat Han Li 19-21, 21-5, 21-7. Can they have such a big difference in skill level? Or was it because of mental, you think?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H2H record between Han Li and LXR

http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...0-4FBB300F91ED

Fri 11/16/2012 Li Ning China Open 2012 WS - 21-19 5-21 7-21
    Sat 12/10/2011 2011 HWASUN VICTOR Korea Grand Prix Gold WS - 21-16 21-12

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Han Li at the All China Games qualification/preliminary round...
    Name:  968802_376277862483106_1561913836_n.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  56.2 KB

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,Han Li has to play in the qualification tournament of the China National Games from 1st to 9th June. That explains why she's withdrawn from the INA Open PSS commencing 10th June. What about the following SG Open SS on 18th to 23rd June from which she has also withdrawn? Maybe she's worried that should she fail to qualify for the CNG, her mood might be affected - quite a number of unknown or lesser known provincial level players are relatively strong competitors, I suppose.

I understand the China National Games is a major quadrennial event for all the Chinese athletes.

Btw, I remember reading somewhere that in the individual event which Lin Dan is already qualified for,he is drawn in the same half as Tian Houwei, Wang Zhengming and Chen Jin, CMIIW, not an easy path with Chen Long in the other half probably waiting for him in the final if he progresses that far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Han Li has her ticket to the WS finals. The top eight seeds get byes. They are:

LXR, WYH, WSX, JYJ, Wang Li, Han Li, Liu Xin, and Sun Yu. Notably, Wang Xin is not among the top 8 seeds.

Not sure if she is also in WD or XD. For example, LXR is seeded in both WS and XD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Han Li has her ticket to the WS finals. The top eight seeds get byes. They are:

LXR, WYH, WSX, JYJ, Wang Li, Han Li, Liu Xin, and Sun Yu. Notably, Wang Xin is not among the top 8 seeds.

Not sure if she is also in WD or XD. For example, LXR is seeded in both WS and XD.
    Wang Li or Wang Lin?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Wang Li or Wang Lin?
    Small details. Of course, it should be Wang Lin​.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this Han Li??

Name:  943497_377639655680260_2128926536_n.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  58.7 KB

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast