Forearm injury. . .

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Yodums, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Hey guys, I did a search on this and I didn't get any results so I figured I would start a thread about this.

I wonder if anyone had this problem where after lots of play (I've been playing almost everyday for like the past week or two), and after real hard smashes, my forearm feels like it has been pulled or something, basically just a painful feeling. Starting today, I've began to wrap it. The main reason I want to speed up the process is to get better so I'm 100% for badminton camp which starts Wednesday. I wonder what you guys would recommend. . . I know one obvious one would be rest. I think I should start stretching it hourly and perhaps maybe use one of those "red rubbery" things and heat it up using hot water before I go to bed or something.

Suggestions anyone?

2. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Yodums,
    It sounds as though you might have a slight strain of the forearm muscle. Obviously rest is best in this situation as you mentioned, but I would also put a heat pack on for about fifteen minutes, 3 times a day. It is not a serious injury, but can be made worse if you don't let it heal.
    Shaun.

3. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Thanks for your tip! I'll start heating it tonight.. and continue in the morning, afternoon and before I go to bed. I'll try not to play for 2 days and see if it gets any better. However, I don't think it's that big of a deal considering the pain comes from power smashes. If I snap it's fine.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe consider at least take the days off from now to Wed? Even though, just 2 or 3 days, it's better than rush for 2 weeks, but let it getting worse later on.

Using heat pack is a good idea. If possible, get those medicine oil (chinese traditional ones) and apply it after shower. Even though, 1st time u will be scared by the smell and burning feeling, but those things do speed up the healing process.