User Tag List

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes>string tension>strings>racket....

jerby, i agree but i have to say that the grip is more important than the racket as well, if you have a rubbish grip then the racket might just fly out of your hand

shoes>string tension>strings>grip>racket
    Last edited by lindanfan; 01-13-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    Shoes>string tension>strings>racket....

jerby, i agree but i have to say that the grip is more important than the racket as well, if you have a rubbish grip then the racket might just fly out of your hand

shoes>string tension>strings>grip>racket
    yeah missed that one...

To me shoes are top priority for "safety" reasons
    string(tension) are real performance enhancers
    and rackets/grips/etc just make it more comfortable and perhaps a bit easier.

But peopel should stop makign statements as "this racket improved m game 20%"
    or: "this arcket made me smash twice as hard"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    yeah missed that one...

To me shoes are top priority for "safety" reasons
    string(tension) are real performance enhancers
    and rackets/grips/etc just make it more comfortable and perhaps a bit easier.

But peopel should stop makign statements as "this racket improved m game 20%"
    or: "this arcket made me smash twice as hard"
    it doesnt help that manufacturers make claims like "R&D testing proves that this racket will provide 5% more shuttle speed" and stuff like that.
    i still bought those rackets anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a new racket.
    hell I've got an ns8k myself....

but honestly: My power didn't improve, my shots didn't get more accurate.
    But it made the game more comfortable. it hits "nice"..and that's what im looking for...

Off course soem raquets pack more power. teh mp100 i wa sholdign the other day certainly had umph in it...but i can't say "my game was at a completly higher level"...

following is a direct quote form an ns8k-revieuw....exactly teh thign i disagree with
    Quote Originally Posted by person who might prefer to remain unknown
    my game did IMPROVE at least 20% with this racket
    but it takes time to master and appeciate it
    this is why the sole reason one should click the rackets-revieuw button is "could use a good laugh"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been looking at some advanced coaching routines and they include alot of theory (badminton physcology). i guess that would also benefit your game more than any racket beacuse if you know where your openent is going to return the shuttle it makes the game a whole lot easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been looking at some advanced coaching routines and they include alot of theory (badminton physcology). i guess that would also benefit your game more than any racket beacuse if you know where your openent is going to return the shuttle it makes the game a whole lot easier
    ... I think I've read this somewhere in badminton central ... ( not word for word but somewhere along this line ...)

" correctly anticipating your opponents shots can help your game significantly. but if you anticipated wrong then x_X "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    ... I think I've read this somewhere in badminton central ... ( not word for word but somewhere along this line ...)

" correctly anticipating your opponents shots can help your game significantly. but if you anticipated wrong then x_X "
    obviously great minds think alike then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that the only equipment that could possibly make a more than minute diffference to your game is strings and grip and possibly shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    I would say that the only equipment that could possibly make a more than minute diffference to your game is strings and grip and possibly shoes
    are you including string tension in that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you including string tension in that?
    yes, in fact i think the tension makes much more difference than the string itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, in fact i think the tension makes much more difference than the string itself
    an example of this is :if your a beginner and you have a very very high tension you will lose alot of power!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default receiving serve return in singles: any advice?

I have been playing for 25 years but, having started in the former Soviet Union, I must have missed some basics. One problem that bothers me is that, even though I have pretty good and decent stamina, I am having trouble in singles returning the serve return after I serve. Get it? I serve, the other guy returns and, more often than not, I am in trouble. I have especially tough time reaching fast drops in the corners. If I get them, I get them too low. If I try stand closer to the net and get ready to run forward, I have a tough time reacting to a fast clear shot. In general, I cover the court OK (well, at my level) - but this first shot is really tough. I recently lost a lot of weight by doing very serious conditioning. My stamina improved dramatically; actually my speed during the rallies is better, too - but this issue persists.

Any suggestions? Maybe, it is my stance? Maybe, it is some move that I need to make when the other hits the birdie (or right before it?) Maybe, it is mental? Any suggestions are welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korsunbo
    I have been playing for 25 years but, having started in the former Soviet Union, I must have missed some basics. One problem that bothers me is that, even though I have pretty good and decent stamina, I am having trouble in singles returning the serve return after I serve. Get it? I serve, the other guy returns and, more often than not, I am in trouble. I have especially tough time reaching fast drops in the corners. If I get them, I get them too low. If I try stand closer to the net and get ready to run forward, I have a tough time reacting to a fast clear shot. In general, I cover the court OK (well, at my level) - but this first shot is really tough. I recently lost a lot of weight by doing very serious conditioning. My stamina improved dramatically; actually my speed during the rallies is better, too - but this issue persists.

Any suggestions? Maybe, it is my stance? Maybe, it is some move that I need to make when the other hits the birdie (or right before it?) Maybe, it is mental? Any suggestions are welcome.
    do you do split drops to help propel you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, exactly is a "split drop"? (I may be doing it, in fact, but I am not sure I know the meaning of the term).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Split drops, i think, are a waste of time and slow you down, instead combine a turn with a step of your non-racket leg. Make sure you get in a decent first step with your non racket leg to avoid havind to 'hop' on your racket leg to move forward which is a common mistake to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion the split step (I don't think it's drop) is very usefull right when you serve long, clear high or have a long lift. Make sure u are on ur toes, low to the ground, balanced and have your feet spread out. Visualize urselve reaching every shot and getting on to the attack and most important have confidence. I prefere to bounce with both feet equally in this sitation but I think it depends on the type of footwork you have. (ex prefer chasse or cross over)

After the initial shots, just make sure u have a little hop (I agree with the poster before me that the left leg should hop a bit more) before the opponent hits the shot on the way back to the base if you dropped or smashed (basically when ur on the attack). Watch ZJH or peter Gade as they perform this very well.
    Last edited by ploppers; 01-15-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Split drops, i think, are a waste of time and slow you down, instead combine a turn with a step of your non-racket leg. Make sure you get in a decent first step with your non racket leg to avoid havind to 'hop' on your racket leg to move forward which is a common mistake to make.
    i swear you use split drops though

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast