User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default it feels good to be back in the game again

so yeah, I was a singles player before (around 3 years ago), and then 2 year ago, I changed to a doubles player (due to my weight, 1 hour of single games drains all of my energy).
    I must say, I played quite well.. until my eyes got injured 1 year ago. after I didn't play for 5 months, I felt that I am out of shape. my shots are not good, I cannot react as fast as before, made heck load of mistakes as well. it haunts me till few days ago

I took my pride on using singles grip (I grip the handle down to increase range). and actually I did quite well with it. but then, since I played again, I found that I don't know, everything out of place, I am not one with the racket. it feels that it is rebelling against me(I know it must be me that is wrong..).

but since few days ago everything changed. I started using doubles grip (I grip the handle around top of the handle). my shots are much better, easier to channel my power, more consistency in my shot, better at touch shot, better at defending, the racket actually easier to move around. it feels great. to think that it will impact me that much.. I usually didn't believe in doubles grip since it makes my range shorter. but that shorter range helps me a lot.

I feel that by changing my grip style from singles to doubles, I was back to the level before I got eye injury.

of course this there are also some other factor such as:
    usually I sleep for 2-3 hours before playing badminton (today I didn't)
    I got plenty of sleep in the past few days (usually I only sleep for 6-4 hours)

but yeah, because of the gripping style or not, it feels great to be back in the game again
    I feel so happy right now because I can taste the "real" badminton again (exchanging shots, return a very hard shots, smashing around like hell)

2. Likes kwun, gundamzaku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back. Thanks for the tip about doubles grip - didn't even think about - will have to try it.
    Was the eye injury due to badminton? Are you wearing protective eye wear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Welcome back. Thanks for the tip about doubles grip - didn't even think about - will have to try it.
    Was the eye injury due to badminton? Are you wearing protective eye wear?
    yeah, due to badminton. my partner shot a drive and I was looking back to check. the shuttle hit my eyes. it is my mistake t look back. now I will not gonna look back if the shuttle past through me and let my partner handle it
    *I wrote it here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...39#post2017439

even my friend said (these guys are new people that played with me after I got the injury), heck, you are so good today. my drive is pretty sharp, pretty good net shots, and add the effect (placebo or not), my head is as clear as day after knowing I don't have to worry about making stupid mistakes anymore (even my opponent got angry since I shot to the middle of them, or to the empty back court).