0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how's daT???anybody can answr pls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Workout for your body for footwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplayer View Post
    Amen!!!

In addition, I'd just say that good footwork is doubly important in singles. Also, something that goes hand-in hand with good footwork is leg strength. If you don't have anyone around who can show you some good footwork drills (although if you trawl through the archives, you should find some helpful stuff), you should at least work on your quads, calf's and butt strength. Squat's, leg-ups, shuttle-runs, plyometric type exercises etc will all help.
    I can do all the work for quads calfs and butt strengths, but what i can't do is squats. they start hurting my thighs ALOT, do u know why? i "am" pretty fat -_-.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7slee0 View Post
    I can do all the work for quads calfs and butt strengths, but what i can't do is squats. they start hurting my thighs ALOT, do u know why? i "am" pretty fat -_-.
    Just practise. My thighs also hurt 'ALOT' after doing about 6 to 8 courts of squat jumps. It's all just a matter of practise and training really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Squats!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Just practise. My thighs also hurt 'ALOT' after doing about 6 to 8 courts of squat jumps. It's all just a matter of practise and training really.
    6 TO 8 COURTS? THATS ALOT SERIOSULY i cant even do one court thats the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

hi all ! let me give some advise ! maybe is was helpful. the best to play badminton to get well is 1st you need to win ur self . dont try to think win another ppl 1st . win your self is important then mean you are good in control your racket, skill,footwork and final is oxygen. when 1 person not enough oxygen then your playing will going down from 100% to 30% controlling ur self and always keep ur mind clear ,try dont push ur self when playing badminton and dont blame ur self why always cant do it better! you can do it one day! if me here is saying some stupid word please forgive me hehehehe! psps..................
    Last edited by thomaspang; 04-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nothing is the most important single skill to master

footwork, shot placement, deception, anticipation, serves etc are equally important because you'll have to use all these skills when you play.

for example, if you can get to the shuttle in good time but reply with a weak and inaccurate shot (e.g. semi drop) and get passed or smashed hard it doesnt matter how good your footwork is you won't get to the next reply on time.

all skills are important as each other, different skills sets serves different purposes so it's pointless to compare. if it's about first things first then i think good all round fitness is a fundamental requirement before anything else.
    Last edited by waiwai8; 05-31-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you know that there are 2 kind of foot work? The first one is "floating" footwork and the other one is "stick to the grown foot work". By the analogy, it is like a sport car and commercial car, the sport car will have a better grip when in high speed on the other hand the commercial car will loose grip in high speed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly!. I said the exact same thing to my friend, and we had a debate whether footwork or technique is more important. I know both are as essentially important, but obviously just like you, foot work is more important because "if you can't get there, you can't properly hit the birdy."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Questions for anyone who is a coach or around my height, 5'5", on court coverage/footwork:

Should shorter players use different movements? Ex. Running style vs. shuffle step/chasse. Is one style more efficient for shorter player than another?

Are there any international players that I can watch? I know Gong Zhichao is one close to my height, are there any others?

The now-not-occupied-with-school Phil
    Markis Kido. he is exactly your height.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waiwai8 View Post
    footwork, shot placement, deception, anticipation, serves etc are equally important because you'll have to use all these skills when you play.

for example, if you can get to the shuttle in good time but reply with a weak and inaccurate shot (e.g. semi drop) and get passed or smashed hard it doesnt matter how good your footwork is you won't get to the next reply on time.

all skills are important as each other, different skills sets serves different purposes so it's pointless to compare. if it's about first things first then i think good all round fitness is a fundamental requirement before anything else.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I agree that all skills are important, and that they work together. However, it is very important to compare, because people have to work on what is more important first in order to practice the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Exactly!. I said the exact same thing to my friend, and we had a debate whether footwork or technique is more important. I know both are as essentially important, but obviously just like you, foot work is more important because "if you can't get there, you can't properly hit the birdy."
    If you had footwork but no technique then you can't return the shuttlecock in both are just important.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    If you had footwork but no technique then you can't return the shuttlecock in both are just important.
    You can have technique, but you can not have no footwork. If you can't get there in time, you can't hit it properly anyways. SO my point is just to support that footwork is more important. Obviously you have to work on technique, but foot work is more. It opens more doors to your technique.
    Last edited by Birdy; 08-17-2008 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 3 pillars of badminton and they form its foundation. These are:
    1. Grip.
    2. Stroke production.
    3. Footwork.
    You must have all 3. On or two without the other will only make you a half-baked player. Forget about other things like strength exercise, building bulging muscles, etc. until you get all these 3 right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one should you work more on if you are time limited?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Which one should you work more on if you are time limited?
    Just follow the order of the numbers. It is a logical sequence. First you need to learn how to use a grip properly for the various strokes. Then you learn the repertoire of strokes, after learning the various grips. With these in your belt, you then learn footwork, which will allow you to move around the court efficiently to carry out what you have learned earlier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Thank you !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats right kwun, when players are young the coach need to practise the footwork very well, the strength and power will come with the age and than younger the players are starting practising footwork than better. When you are older it's harder to practising footwork.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast