0 Thread(s)

Without good footwork=you can't move you can't play* well not as well*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamp1
    i havent read all the posts but i know a main thing of improving a game will be your endurance, lets face it if your unfit then you dont have much chance to practice... id say go on a lot of runs but build it up steadily until you can jog for atleast a mile with out stopping.

and footwork... when you go to a badminton lesson dont get dis encouraged if you dont hit shuttles at first... most coaches will teach you the movement before the shot for example hartounoes (cant spell lol) the movement is more important that the shot to me.
    I would have to argee working on your stamina. It really helps you move around without being so tired. So you won't be worned out so fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No footwork=no Spee.Without the speed you will loose alot of stamina when opponents does a net drop and clear.also puts you under alot 0f pressure doing a bad return to your opponents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as you got a very strong leg, the stamina will come automatically. Since i have been a coach from my younger days, i have been emphasising on foot work and leg strength. 1 hour physical and 1 hour stroke play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

HEllo everyone i want to share some new experiences as a "not so beginner player".

Having a nice feel touching the bird my weakness are mostly in footwork, this part of the badminton game must be learn by pro in a way.
    So i picked up some videos in p2p, wanted to check my fundamentals movement (racket included). The videos show me the more efficiency way to move in court.

I watched them carefully , do some sketch to understand the legs positions and the WEIGHT transfer. After a couple of hours of video Analise I decided to plan 2hours in full footstep action.
    I did this alone in a volleyball area out of town with racket armed and told you that I undestand the overall moves in 30min.
    (advantage to do this alone is to concentrate in your breath)

I just want to notice i'm a rollerblade player too so my legs coordination are quite good.

Sometime I mess or lose the tempo of moves (the stamina fault) so that why I slow acting the footsteps to correct analyze the miss.

I plan to do this again during a week (maybe two) just to be natural with the new moving method around the surface.

My recommendations its to go practice this out of club if you can **with good shoes because mine kills my foots**

The experience can sounds boring but if you do this seriously you will have great fun feeling the rules, thats remember me "taishi shuang"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footwork it is... I remember when I was 13 yrs old, I'm a member of badminton club of my school... all I want is to play badminton.
    But we were throw in to learn our footwork, 1,2,3, jump, 1,2,3, smash, 123, front, 1,2,3, back and so on... it was tiring...

At the end of the 2 hrs training, we only left 45 mins to play the game.
    Argh! But soon we realise footwork is so important and need to master it to win games.

Well said!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. But I am a fairly tall player and my movement isnt very quick. Can you kindly give me some footwork drills and steps to keep me stable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search on Google for video clips of badminton footwork. I saw excellent video by Peter Gade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default training DVD for badminton

Does anybody know where I can get a DVD that show the exercise that you need to do to improve your footwork and your techniques in playing badminton, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search badminton videos on Google for footwork. There is an excellent video instruction by Peter Gade and someone else. Sorry I don't have the link handy. Regards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the month i will transfert some of theses videos in a ftp.

did someone found the peter gade's videos english subbed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4rmd...elated&search=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yf19-sama View Post
    At the end of the month i will transfert some of theses videos in a ftp.
    That would be great !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Footwork can only be better through continuous training...
    of course, u must know the basic of it before practicing it.. the basic is important and there is no right or wrong in footwork... Once u have the basic, u can practice it around the court frequently and u will find yourselves lighter and lighter from day to day...
    I also think that gym only come in after u have mastered the footwork.. if u dont have a basic footwork and yet u focus too much on strength training, this will only find yourselves heavier and slower less flexible inside the court there..
    "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."
    Once u have mastered the proper footwork, make sure u do it at high tempo that is as fast as you can....
    For double, they require lot of jumping... So jumping footwork is very useful in doubles....which require u to squad a lot.... Any other suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm u can do frod jump??? or like do frog jump to jump in the stair case keep practicing the footwork & more of the basic shot it will helps alot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCal View Post
    As a beginner, I kind of learned the basic footwork, but never took the time to practice. However, I also do believe that footwork helps you to get to where you want to move and prepare for the shot.

I have one "major" problem though. Until recently, I never learned that my right foot is supposed to be in front (except receiving the serve) for the ready position since I'm a right-hander. Well, all along, I had my left foot in the front and it's very hard to for me to change. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by melgyver View Post
    The proper footworks are those steps that keep you in balance whichever way you go and normally coordinates with your racket hand so that it would be esy for you to attack or defend.
    It is achieved through trainings/drills from those can teach it, or sometimes from watching professional matches if you're good in learning at what you see.

The first thing that I've learned was the basics of moving to the left or to the right. That is, from a defensive/offesive stance, if you are going to hit the bird coming to your right, use the left-over-right-hit pattern. Meaning, lifting first your left foot to cross in front of the right, then step your right sideways. By the time you stepped your right foot sideways, you are about ready to hit the bird (assuming you are a righthander).
    If the bird is coming to your left, you have to lift your right foot first crossing behind your left foot, then your left to step sideways, then hit. That's called right-behind-left-hit pattern. These are just very basic, but from these two patterns you can modify to suit your other upcoming footworks to learn. That's it for now, I hope I did something of help to you.
    hi, i'm a self-trained intermediate player with no proper footwork, looking to raise my standard. i've read every post and i couldn't agree more that footwork is damn important, because i'm an engineering student with an analytical mind, and i know very well my footwork could do with more work, above everything else.

the above posts weren't properly replied to as i hoped, which is why i'm asking this to clarify. thanks in advance for helping.

see, in the 1st quote by KoiCal, he said that the right foot should be in front, but from melgyver's post it demonstrates that the left foot is in front (because it crosses the right foot from the front). so which is the proper way? i'm a righty by the way.

thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I second the motion.

I agree to all of you...
    WHat I want you to answer is how to return the shuttle when the opponent give a long ball???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your damn right

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast