User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a newbie too. i'm going to give you a link but it's from You Tube.
    I've been watching these chinese vids and it's helping me a lot.
    His name is Zhao Jianhua, one of his colleague includes Xiao Jie. Both professionals.
    Don't worry, the videos are subtitled in english.
    This is one of the videos that helped me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KaJ...feature=g-hist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow..tq guys ur info...i will try all ur techniq..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, can i know what kind of "footwork" is the best and flexible ? (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive always known footwork is one of the most important things, im suprised others didnt to be honest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xsleepyaznb0ix View Post
    Question is how do you pratice your footwork. may people talk bout praticing it. but for those who dont have money for a coach how do we accomplish this feat?
    yeahh..agreed!! so how??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look for Jimmy Lin footwork videos on youtube to learn the correct footwork, and then go on to the court and practice those footwork. You don't need a coach for this but its helpful if you can get someone who knows the correct footwork to point out if you are doing it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redzahmd View Post
    yeahh..agreed!! so how??
    Watch others, videos or real life and imitate? Is there any other way to do it? If you don't have an easy way to practice on court alone, just find a good surface, like a football court and draw out the lines yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during playtime i sometimes forgot to used the proper footworks and indeed caused me not to smash the birdie properly or sometimes im almost late to return the birdie with the opponent and that gives them a score... :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that we need to have a proper footwork but i also believe that we can enjoy playing badminton if we know the proper /correct grip. It's a basic thing also.. Knowing the proper /correct grip then different shots/hits can follow that comes with proper footwork. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow..footwork thread... badminton for me at first was a game of who had the most thunderous-break-your-strings-if-you-tried-to-return-it-smash or the oh-blow-my-mind-impossible-flick-of-the-wrist-trick-shot... then it all came crashing down. All the hitting physics will be of nought without the most important foundation of all...covering the real estate...with a practiced/polished footwork I believe the court will magically shrink... I'm not there yet but reading this thread has reaffirmed my opinion even more...even when I'm just a 28yr old newbie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir, If you have some time then please reply my query..

I am using Nanoray80 with string nanogy99 with 23lbs tension...
    I am a doubles player.
    I was a heavy smasher and could place a ball anytime to third court . After analyzing my powerful game by my friends and seniors they made tricks to stop me by giving net straight drops and always ready to lift the ball of my smash to third/first court.Then I have changed my strategy to not only stroking with power but also placing the shuttle as drops and critical places.
    Another thing is as a regular player(6days a week) and for heavy gym(weight lifting practice for wrist) and a fall of my body in time of practicing high kicks I have been injured in my right hand .. Nowadays I feel some pain in my right hand and I am suffering from a loss of energy of my right hand in the proper way.. I Do not have any problem with my court coverage.
    Both of them (changing the strategy and injury of hand) resulted me a lack of power .

So I have been thinking to take rest for some time..Please tell me how can I get back my wrist and hand energy like before I had..

Now I am thinking to change my racquet as a new experiment.. Chose some : Nanoray 100 , Arcsaber 7 , Voltric 9 , Head Power Helix 8000 . But little confused about which one will be better for me ..As I used Nanoray 80 With 23lbs string tension which is medium stiff and 4U in weight with little Head heavy(yes but does not seem so) , am thinking to choose the one which is medium flexible and some more property which can help me to smash easily and place everywhere to regain the power .One of my friend changed his game and increased his power of smash and shots by changing his racquet Muscle Power 22 plus to Head Youtek flash(Very flexible and Superlight).. I know this is not a technically sound logic but is there any chance of that..

Please someone help me...please..Sometimes in the game I did smash 20-30 times and finished many games, but now however my smash power is lost by 25-35% for the above two reason. Please help me to regain power and choosing the new racquet.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should start a new thread entitled "Choosing new racket"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post

I am a doubles player.
    I was a heavy smasher and could place a ball anytime to third court . After analyzing my powerful game by my friends and seniors they made tricks to stop me by giving net straight drops and always ready to lift the ball of my smash to third/first court.Then I have changed my strategy to not only stroking with power but also placing the shuttle as drops and critical places.
    Another thing is as a regular player(6days a week) and for heavy gym(weight lifting practice for wrist) and a fall of my body in time of practicing high kicks I have been injured in my right hand .. Nowadays I feel some pain in my right hand and I am suffering from a loss of energy of my right hand in the proper way.. I Do not have any problem with my court coverage.
    Both of them (changing the strategy and injury of hand) resulted me a lack of power .

So I have been thinking to take rest for some time..Please tell me how can I get back my wrist and hand energy like before I had..

Now I am thinking to change my racquet as a new experiment.. Chose some : Nanoray 100 , Arcsaber 7 , Voltric 9 , Head Power Helix 8000 . But little confused about which one will be better for me ..As I used Nanoray 80 With 23lbs string tension which is medium stiff and 4U in weight with little Head heavy(yes but does not seem so) , am thinking to choose the one which is medium flexible and some more property which can help me to smash easily and place everywhere to regain the power .One of my friend changed his game and increased his power of smash and shots by changing his racquet Muscle Power 22 plus to Head Youtek flash(Very flexible and Superlight).. I know this is not a technically sound logic but is there any chance of that..

Please someone help me...please..Sometimes in the game I did smash 20-30 times and finished many games, but now however my smash power is lost by 25-35% for the above two reason. Please help me to regain power and choosing the new racquet.

Thank you.
    Arcsaber 7 looks like a good choice , VT 9 is really flexible just saying, it's rated stuff but if there were an extra flexible category, I would put it in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post

I am a doubles player.

Thank you.
    I dont think anyone could help you here, it would be best for you to get yourself checked out by a qualified doctor, who will most probably put you in a couple sessions of physiotherapy.
    Get it properly healed before you start stressing it, you will gain proper advice and prevent further injuries + better recovery.
    Regardless of however flexible or good or new the racket is, if your hand is not properly healed the pain and loss of power will exist. Similar to the old saying, "if you can't get there, it doesn't matter how good you can hit the birdie." (thanks Kwun)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I should share it on this thread.

http://badmintonforlifetime.blogspot...prove-our.html

Sharing for PASSION AND FEVER FOR THE GAME
    Last edited by Uncle tan; 08-24-2014 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many things to improve from when you have just begin badminton. But I think there should be some priority scale for our own.

I was once a beginner and felt it hard to improve because when I read and listen of what was my weakness, I think there was so many that had to be done. I then trained to improve and erase the bad parts of my game.

But the problem was my game drastically dropped which was caused by me overthinking my moves: "The grip should be like this, my step should be like this, my position, etc" which filled my head and made me unable to decide what was the best thing to do at the moment.

But a friend encouraged me and said what I had done is right although others grinned and my partners were mad by my bad play. He himself was into football, but after a fight between villages because he scored a winning goal, he then switched to badminton. His reason: If a football match causes a fight between villages, a badminton match is ended by a dinner together.

He already had a good physique because he played another sport-football, but at badminton, he was very bad initially. But he train and learned how to play correctly. For two weeks, his play was bad, even worse than when he started, but then after that, his ability drastically improved.

So He said to me to not lose heart and continue, as I will get better and better, and concentrate on one thing at a time until I get it right, then I can continue with others. And he was right.

SO I think the lesson was:

1. Learn the right things
    2. Don't lose heart and don't give up when your play is bad and worse than before. It is normal
    3.Concentrate at one thing at a time, don't try to correct everything at once

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17