User Tag List

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LYD is not like the ZSlash - it's head is slightly shorter than a normal Bravesword but the same width.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough - probably need to suck it up and not be too concerned over the sweet spot size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinwyyau View Post
    Agreed. Reading Maklike's post and going off his assessment on the C7, MX's and BS11, you would have thought the BS11 and the C7 would be a better choice Aryan.

I, personally would not consider the LYD or BS15, just solely on the shape of the frame (aka VTT/Z-Slash) which potentially will reduce the sweet spot size.

Hit us up with your TSF500 vs C7 review!

Justin
    I used BS11 before, it is a really fast racket, however I couldn't generate decent power for smashing when I used it. Maybe my wrist is not strong enough. Same thing when I am using my MX80 which I bought with the intention of upgrading my power as compared to my previous BS11. I do enjoy using MX80 for it is speedy, accurate and have better power than BS11.

Therefore I am looking for a mid flex racket like SW37 and MX60 to help me in this area to get more power. However now, the SW37 which I am using, does give me more smashing power but I am a bit slow in front court due to its overall heavier weight. So now, MX60 comes into my radar and then C7 also which Maklike recommended.

How good it is, if I am as rich as Maklike that I could buy more rackets to try out..... hahaha....

Anyhow, I learn a lot about different types of rackets from you all through your sharing of knowledge and experience. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Aryan; 03-09-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no need to be rich, make mikelike as your idole, then u will buy a lot of racket.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not rich in the slightest. I just buy Victors at Taiwanese prices, and sell them locally after I've played with them for a bit for the same price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Anyone can compare both MX60 and MX70 in term of power, maneuverability, speed, control, accuracy and etc? Both are said by BCers to be the improvement of BS11.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I've just put in a reasonably solid 2 hours with the MX60. I say 'reasonably' because this is only my second session back after minor surgery, so whilst my skills havent magically disappeared, my fitness and flexibility kinda have. This is not completely bad, because it means that instead of running around the court like an idiot, I can actually concentrate more on shot-making and feeling what the racket is doing, so it's not all bad!

Okay, to the racket. Yep, it's a yellow Meteor. Quality of finish is the same as the 80 and 70 - that is to say, impeccable. And tough. The MX60 has the same spec as the old version BS10, and as a result, it does play very similar. The good thing about the 60, is the slight drop in shaft stiffness has turned it into a much more playable, all-round racket, displaying little of the buzziness that the 80 has. You do lose a little bit in the razor sharp handling department, but the trade off is worth it.

Like I think I said in an earlier post, the 60 is not 'better' than the BS11, just different. I pretty much played for two hours virtually non-stop last night, to the point where I was almost staggering around the court, so suffice to say me and the 60 had plenty of time to get acquainted

So what's the verdict? The 60 is a very nice piece of kit, well up there with the (old spec) BS11 as a solid, medium-stiff all-rounder. It's a smidge slower than the 11, a smidge more powerful, and has a smidge more torsional stiffness. All-in-all, you could do a lot worse if you like rackets with this sort of spec.

The other thing I got to try out on this racket is BG66 Ultimax, which I hadn't tried before because I tried the Maxima and didn't think that much of it.

This string weirds me out.

The MX60 (a swap) came prestrung with BG66U at 25lbs - a pound more than I normally run, and with a slightly thinner string I thought it would play at about 26 which was pushing the friendship a bit. Apparently not. What a great string! Completely schizophrenic - manages to punch out back court clears and smashes with relative aplomb, but then it's transitioning to soft net touch shots and deceptions is just sublime. Are you listening, VS850 users? The other great thing about this string, is that it has great repulsion on those shots that you only barely get to, meaning that shots you'd put into the net with say BG80, trickle over with 66U.

Anyway, short of turning this into a string review, I'd really recommend those who like VS850 (or have a YY aversion like me) to go try out 66U. I'm really impressed with this string to the point where I'm going to investigate further and string up a pack more rackets with it. Weirdly I think it could take a bit more poundage so I'm going to try it at 26lbs and see how it feels.

So.

BG66U nice. MX60......nice!

Name:  Photo 16-03-12 10 25 15 AM.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  90.3 KBName:  Photo 16-03-12 10 25 42 AM.jpg
Views: 1750
Size:  104.3 KBName:  Photo 16-03-12 10 26 24 AM.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  82.9 KBName:  Photo 16-03-12 10 25 55 AM.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  68.8 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your MX60 looks so nice! Does anyone who has the MX60 also ever tried the Kason Twister F9? How do they compare? xD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The C7 isn't that demanding, and once I got used to the head heavy feel I didn't really feel the need to get an F9.

However, judging by how quick they sell over here at least, I'd hazard a guess that they're a great all-rounder too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested to buy MX series racket. I wonder which racket to choose. I need to have more instant smash reaction and smash power increase. I'm not sure is it my technique or string tension is wrong. Previously I normally using 25lbs but lack of power to clear court during defense so I've lower my racket tension to 23lbs. When I smash I felt that the reaction a bit slower. Lose a bit on drive.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm biased because I've owned all of the Meteors and I don't think the MX70 is different enough to the 80 to warrant it's existence, so I'd opt for either the 80 or the 60.

Or the 70 if you like the 80, but prefer silver and blue

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more games on the MX60, and I really like this racket. The combo of the MX60 with BG66U is a great combo, with the 66U adding some nice tactility and the extra flex of the 60 compared to the others adding the damping. All of this with the great torsional stability of the Meteor design adds up to a really sweet package.

Having said that, I was told that it all boils down to the fact I chose a red grip, so I could be wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i should try bg66u when my ngy98 broke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all mx60 user, from the first day u start use this racket..have u break your string?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only had mine for 3 weeks, but my BG66U is so-far-so-good. Actual court time probably about 6 hrs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My red BG66U strung to 24lbs hasn't broke yet after 20 hours court time (will probably snap this weekend now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, my ngy98 almost 2 months. never break since bought. i quiet suprise with this racket. so good...

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast