User Tag List

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alala

Go to my blog and do the armchair exercises which you'll find under the video section. See if this solves your problem.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather just like to know a direct comparison thank you

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alala View Post
    A quick question for someone who has tried the MX60 and Bravesword LYD. How would you compare the weight between them on the court. I own a BS LYD but find it difficult to wave it around for a long period of time. I now play with a BS12 but would like a slightly head heavier racket. Anyone think MX60 is a good weight?
    The problem with the MX60 is that it is a very rigid platform, so it plays heavier than it's 295 balance point - they do feel markedly different to the BS series. Still, it's a very nice racket and I struggle to put it down - I don't think anyone coming off the BS12 should have too much trouble with it.

I still highly recommend the Kason C7 for anyone wanting to try a more head heavy racket, coming off something in the 295 range.

A big hole in the Victor range is a racket just like the C7 - sort of medium stiff and at the lower end of the head-heavy range. The Superwaves 310 is there, but it would be nice to have something just a smidge stiffer and a little quicker.

The Superwaves can be in the 305 range but they carry their weight too evenly for my liking and aren't terribly fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

if compared to a BS LYD 3u to a MX 60 3u. Which would you say is easier lighter to use around the court. Trying to see if I should settle with a MX 60 3u or 4u

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno. I always ask for examples in the 84-86g range, which I find is a good weight for me, regardless - my last 12 rackets were all between 92-95g, net.

If I was getting an LYD, I'd still probably get one in the same weight range.

I've had all the Meteor series, and they're much better with soft to medium feeling strings, so my suggestion would be to ask for something low 3U / high 4U weight and string it with a good feeling string - ie: Not BG80 or NGB95. I'm currently in love with Ultimax. I'd probably do the same with an LYD just to tame the stiffness a bit, and maybe go a pound lower on the stringing, initially.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike

Have you tried either the Flumetec or Bracetec racquets? I am testing them tomorrow.

Paul

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Maklike Have you tried either the Flumetec or Bracetec racquets? I am testing them tomorrow.Paul
    Never heard of them, but I'm all for the obscure, so bring it on! Be sure to post pix and info on your blog. Kaierte is another obscure brand that I'm interested in. /threadderail

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got some of the Victor Flumetec and Bracetec rackets to try - some of them need stringing but looking forward to giving them a go - I think they are only available in Europe. Have also tried the European version BS11 and this is really nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flumetec and bracetec doesn't seem to be available in asia.... maybe it is made specifically for the european market

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    flumetec and bracetec doesn't seem to be available in asia.... maybe it is made specifically for the european market
    I think you are correct - going to be interesting to see what they are like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

For those who have experienced shoulder or elbow pain using MX80 could try MX60. It's quite a good

racket. First time using, timing is off, after a couple of sessions the racket surprises me, it

looks like that you can borrow some power from the racket. Using MX 80, you have to use your own

power. The most important thing, using MX60, the pain is gone. MX80 is still the best racket so far

that I've ever used, but the pain is too hard for me, often it is hard to even shampooing my self

after playing badminton. Sigh, maybe I'm just getting too old to play badminton.

Cheers,
    Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, is anyone able to compare between MX60 and SW37 (particularly the 4U spec)?

I am currently using MX80, whenever I am tired, I will switch to my SW37 4U which is also quite nice to use plus having some decent power. Should I sell off my SW37 to get MX60? Can MX60 match the performance of every department of SW37 4U? I am not able to have both due to budget issue

Anyone mind to share the difference between both in term of performance, power, accuracy, maneuverability, etc.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Hi, is anyone able to compare between MX60 and SW37 (particularly the 4U spec)?

I am currently using MX80, whenever I am tired, I will switch to my SW37 4U which is also quite nice to use plus having some decent power. Should I sell off my SW37 to get MX60? Can MX60 match the performance of every department of SW37 4U? I am not able to have both due to budget issue

Anyone mind to share the difference between both in term of performance, power, accuracy, maneuverability, etc.

Thanks in advance
    While I cannot compare the two having never gotten the opportunity to try them, from what I've read I will say that the MX80 and MX60 are perfect compliments if you want to use the 60 when too tired to use the 80. I'm sure Maklike will agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Hi, is anyone able to compare between MX60 and SW37 (particularly the 4U spec)? I am currently using MX80, whenever I am tired, I will switch to my SW37 4U which is also quite nice to use plus having some decent power. Should I sell off my SW37 to get MX60? Can MX60 match the performance of every department of SW37 4U? I am not able to have both due to budget issue Anyone mind to share the difference between both in term of performance, power, accuracy, maneuverability, etc.Thanks in advance
    Hi man.. Pls try out the mx60 3u and I'm quite sure you will experience the performance that surprise you. Make sure it's a 3u because mx60 doesn't feel heavy on your hand. Find the one which is around 85g to 87g dry. My previous sw37 3u just couldn't perform in terms of power (small sweet spot), accuracy and many more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aryan,

sure, I have both the 4u sw37 (dry weight around 85.5) and a 4u mx60 (dry weight around 85.5g)

mx60 swing weight is slightly heavier than the sw37, but actually feels faster when swinging.

mx60 is also more reactive and more accurate due to its slightly stiffer shaft.

as for power. the sw37 is slightly more powerful if you can hit dead on the sweetspot all the time. But due the slightly bigger sweetspot on the mx60 (80 hole systerm), I found it more easier to generate power overall.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW37 isn't available in Europe.

I tested Meteor 60 this morning and have to say it's a brilliant racquet. Despite my liking for stiff racquets I actually preferred 60 to 70 which I also tested. It seemed to handle better, generate more power and overall excelled in every area. I think I just found another 5 star Victor racquet!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    SW37 isn't available in Europe. I tested Meteor 60 this morning and have to say it's a brilliant racquet. Despite my liking for stiff racquets I actually preferred 60 to 70 which I also tested. It seemed to handle better, generate more power and overall excelled in every area. I think I just found another 5 star Victor racquet!Paulwww.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Glad you liked it Paul - I personally think it is a great racket!

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast