User Tag List

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    i got different thought, mx got flexible frame at both side frame compare to bs. that is the function of woven applied at mx. it give flexibility to hold and whip the shuttle during smashing. u can find this technology in yonex nanoray racket where they got two type fx and rp. fx model got toughflex material at side frame to produce flexibility characteristic, but rp model got stiffer material to produce repulsion characteristic.
    Is toughlex the same as woven carbon? I don't think so, but then again who really knows what toughlex is. At any rate, the frame does not have full woven carbon, just the top layer. But that's not the point.

1. Woven carbon will make a frame more stiff, not more flexible.
    2. The frame has a stiffer feel most likely because of the more solid frame shape and maybe because they use a different type of graphite that has a higher modulus or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Is toughlex the same as woven carbon? I don't think so, but then again who really knows what toughlex is. At any rate, the frame does not have full woven carbon, just the top layer. But that's not the point.

1. Woven carbon will make a frame more stiff, not more flexible.
    2. The frame has a stiffer feel most likely because of the more solid frame shape and maybe because they use a different type of graphite that has a higher modulus or something like that.
    firstly, i didnt say toughlex is same with woven carbon. i just give an example that there is stiff frame and flex frame. Then is if u dont know about the function of toughlex pls google it and read and understand it. That why i bought n700fx last time.
    Secondly, where did u bought mx racket that have woven carbon at top layer.. now i doubt whether what u say is u know or not...
    Thirdly, stiffer frame not only came from it material (ultra high modulus graphite) it also depend how the shape(structural) of the racket. bs series got shockless technology at it side frame. This shockless technologies due to stiffer frame plus diamond shape(cutting air) that make bs swing faster and excellent net kill.
    Last edited by riffsuad; 05-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got different thought, mx got flexible frame at both side frame compare to bs. that is the function of woven applied at mx. it give flexibility to hold and whip the shuttle during smashing. u can find this technology in yonex nanoray racket where they got two type fx and rp. fx model got toughflex material at side frame to produce flexibility characteristic, but rp model got stiffer material to produce repulsion characteristic.
    'Woven' carbon fiber makes structures torsionally stiffer, not to make it more flexible.

Get any woven racket, hold it side-on, one hand on the grip, that other at 12 o'clock, and *twist*. Look at the head.

Then do it with a non-woven racket.

Be prepared to be shocked.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

firstly, i didnt say toughlex is same with woven carbon. i just give an example that there is stiff frame and flex frame. Then is if u dont know about the function of toughlex pls google it and read and understand it. That why i bought n700fx last time.
    Secondly, where did u bought mx racket that have woven carbon at top layer.. now i doubt whether what u say is u know or not...
    Thirdly, stiffer frame not only came from it material (ultra high modulus graphite) it also depend how the shape(structural) of the racket. bs series got shockless technology at it side frame. This shockless technologies due to stiffer frame plus diamond shape(cutting air) that make bs swing faster and excellent net kill.
    riffsuad,

Please don't spread misinformation with your guesses.

MX series have only one and one layer of woven carbon, the very top layer... the one that you can see. (Victor calls it "Carbon XT"). The other few layers of carbon underneath are just regular sheet graphite with fibres in parallel allignment... which is not as strong as when the fibres are woven across each other. If all the layers were woven carbon, you'll have a very stiff and strong frame... like the SOTX Woven 16.

The BS series frame for sure is not as stiff and stable as MX series due to lack of woven carbon layer, a less sturdy cross section profile, and also with 72 holes the BS stringbed is not as stiff and stable as MX series 80 holes.

Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok2 i'm so sorry to mr Blue tornado..my bad, i have wrong interpretation on your wording top layer with my understand top of frame. about which one more stiffer i think we only can justify with destructive test, then only we know which one stiffer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    riffsuad,Please don't spread misinformation with your guesses. MX series have only one and one layer of woven carbon, the very top layer... the one that you can see. (Victor calls it "Carbon XT"). The other few layers of carbon underneath are just regular sheet graphite with fibres in parallel allignment... which is not as strong as when the fibres are woven across each other. If all the layers were woven carbon, you'll have a very stiff and strong frame... like the SOTX Woven 16.The BS series frame for sure is not as stiff and stable as MX series due to lack of woven carbon layer, a less sturdy cross section profile, and also with 72 holes the BS stringbed is not as stiff and stable as MX series 80 holes.Simple as that.
    Wow!! Now I know!! lol Good One

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I mean Visor explanation cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

visor, the between stiff frame and flexi frame, which one produce more smash power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been wondering how mid flex is the mx60 and how stiff the mx70.. still contemplating between the 2..
    Can the Sotx stiffness scale be used to measure them? because I need to know which of them is closer to my preference..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's another option ... MX London
    Some new tech in the frame and provides better durability and control (as promo says)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maybes View Post
    I have been wondering how mid flex is the mx60 and how stiff the mx70.. still contemplating between the 2..
    Can the Sotx stiffness scale be used to measure them? because I need to know which of them is closer to my preference..
    I don't know much about what stiffness corresponds to what numbers on the SOTX scale, but what rackets are you using now? Maybe if you state your preferences we can tell you which MX is closer in stiffness.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

visor, the between stiff frame and flexi frame, which one produce more smash power?
    Power ultimately comes not from the racket but from you! . So just like high vs low tensions, it depends on player. For sure stiff frame will offer more accuracy, stability and feel. And ultimately stiff frame will produce the most max power, but will be more demanding (ie less forgiving), requiring good stroke execution and timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. at700 first gen.. but i'm looking for something less demanding in swing weight yet do not lose out much in power and control..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor, thks for ur advise. I know that there are so many aspect contribute to produce powerful smashing.

Below are some info for you guys about the function of flexi frame to the racket which taken from the web.

Function of flexi frame to AT900P Function of flexi frame to Voltric Z force Function of flexi frame to Nanoray
    Yonex Armortec 900 Power is designed for hard hitters and offensive / attacking players. The racket is made to help players produce explosive smash power using Yonex latest technologies, MicroTi and ElasticTi. MicroTi is loaded into the top of the frame to help hold the shuttlecock like a bow holding an arrow. The ElasticTi which is loaded into the frame and the shaft of the racket help to store and release the energy as bow pulls and releases an arrow to its target.

Elastic Ti

Elastic Ti provides the high elasticity needed for structural high strength and a powerful rebound effect. At impact, Elastic Ti resists deformation, stretching then recovering its shape quickly to launch accurate hits charged with the full energy of the swing.

TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM
    VOLTRIC IS POWER
    The stiff racquet structure at the top of the frame head allows the head to bend in a very controlled way and hold shuttles on the string bed for longer.
    The thin frame sides then allow the frame to flex more and transfer more energy to the shuttle. This combination allows you to smash with instant power
    The Yonex NanoRay 700FX (NR700RFX - Flexible) badminton racket controls the shuttle and hit the corners with incredible easiness. Combined with Toughlex - a "sticky" resin which delivers high flexibility and intensity - incorporated into both sides of the frame, the Yonex NanoRay 700FX has high resilience and flexibility to help players to hit easy clear shots.

Source: http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex_Voltric_Z_Force_VTZF_4UG4_Badminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-voltric-z-force.htm
    Source:
    http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex_...700fx-2011.htm

And below the info for frame of bs series and mx series which taken from web too. It say that bs have stiff frame and mx have rigid (stable) frame.

Bravesword Series Meteor Series
    The Brave Sword 10 uses new technology to reduce air resistance during a swing by 10%. The diamond-shaped design cuts through the air like a sword, vastly reducing air resistance while encouraging nimble handling. While the inner-waves technology provides more consistent stable shots. Great racket for those who are looking for a stiff frame.
    CARBON XT-Carbon XT stack of woven carbon fiber-reinforced technology, the X-axis continuous interwoven way to make carbon fiber composite more closely intertwined, forming a strong continuous tension network, more uniform force, significantly film surface to enhance rigidity and resistance to torque, resulting in an unprecedented explosive.

Source:
    http://www.victorracquets.com/PRODUCT/tabid/83/c/badminton/p/brs-10/Default.aspx

Source:
    http://www.badmintonavenue.com/Victo...teor%20x80.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got it for a few days. it's just the right one for me after using Vt80 LTD, Z-force. no shoulder pain anymore, love it more and more ^^.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how different/similar is the MX60 compared to a RKEP Pro6000 (88g 298mm)?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pro6000 was for all intents and purposes similar to an old spec BS11 (sort of) and sort of vaguely similar to the MX60.

They're both in the same ballpark but very different to one another.

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast