User Tag List

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ well then, for the sake of us forumers, you have to try the mx70 in comparison.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whenry View Post
    I don't know about MX 70 because I don't own it and never tried it. But for those who can't handle MX 80 due it's stiffness;causing elbow pain; and want to replace with "similar" characteristics should buy BS LYD, it rocks. I bought MX 60 3u, it is a good racket, you can generate more power by longer swing, but for me, a typical short-fast swing, mx 60 feels slow. Power wise MX60 > LYD > MX80; speed MX80 = LYD > MX 60; accuracy MX80 > LYD > MX60.
    how come the MX80 feels faster than the MX60? These supposedly have the same balancepoint and head design?

I can understand the difference in power and accuracy but the difference in speed is not quite obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    how come the MX80 feels faster than the MX60? These supposedly have the same balancepoint and head design?

I can understand the difference in power and accuracy but the difference in speed is not quite obvious.
    Perhaps with the flexier shaft of the MX60, the racket head will lag behind more when you're swinging with it, making the MX60 feel like it responds less quickly. Just a guess at what he might be thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post

different people have their own style; racket with the same spec will not be played the same. I am just telling what my own experience. what I consider a head heavy racket thus a slow racket; other people may say no, it is a not head heavy racket. I test it with my friends to test between MX80 and MX60, most of my friends will say that MX80 is more head heavy, but for me, it is the mx60 is head heavier.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Perhaps with the flexier shaft of the MX60, the racket head will lag behind more when you're swinging with it, making the MX60 feel like it responds less quickly. Just a guess at what he might be thinking.
    Agreed. The flexier mx60 causes the head to lag noticeably more than mx80, eg during drives, defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At one point I had both 60 and 80 and the head frame design is diff. Both having the same bp wif same setup. When comes to drive and maneuver I felt 80 is faster. Even compared to the London the 80 still play faster in overall.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmteo View Post
    tranqq, anymore review for mx60 compare to bs15? Is mx60 more forgiving due to smaller sweet spot for bs15? How about the head weight and stiffness between the two?
    the bs15 is slightly head heavier and slightly stiffer and packs more power. I would definitely say the mx60 is more forgiving than the bs15. When I hold and use the mx60 it feels very fast and comfortable. It's forgiving and fast but still packs enough power for me to drop some big hits. The bs15 I've only been using in singles because it's just not fast enough in doubles for me. I love smashing with the 15 though, and I wouldn't say it's slow.. it's just slower than the 60. both strung at 25 with vs850 if it helps.. when I hold the bs15 I'm always aware of the weight in the head, but when I hold the 60 I don't really notice it.(even though it's there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    At one point I had both 60 and 80 and the head frame design is diff. Both having the same bp wif same setup. When comes to drive and maneuver I felt 80 is faster. Even compared to the London the 80 still play faster in overall.
    wow..u hv try all mx series. what is diff head frame design between 60 and 80?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    wow..u hv try all mx series. what is diff head frame design between 60 and 80?
    Hahaha not really, havent got a chance to swing the 70 tho
    The diff is not obvious between those two
    U can spot it at the head frame top edge (12 oclock)
    It had a bulge like pattern for 60 & London but not for 80
    Plus i feel the 80 top edge frame is slightly thinner than the new MX series (60 & London)
    Any sifus can confirm tis ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have juz pulled the trigger to get 3u mx 60 this afternoon. Thks for all ur help and feedback. I havent played wit it yet but the racket feel a bit heavier than my beloved bs11 after a few free swings. It cant generate the whooooost sound like bs11. Hope it dont turn out to be too heavy for my defense. Cant wait to try it on court. Was torn between it and bs lyd. Wat afraid that lyd will be too stiff for me, since i wish more power from my bs 11. Thks again for all ur sincere thoughts. NR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niemrieng View Post
    I have juz pulled the trigger to get 3u mx 60 this afternoon. Thks for all ur help and feedback. I havent played wit it yet but the racket feel a bit heavier than my beloved bs11 after a few free swings. It cant generate the whooooost sound like bs11. Hope it dont turn out to be too heavy for my defense. Cant wait to try it on court. Was torn between it and bs lyd. Wat afraid that lyd will be too stiff for me, since i wish more power from my bs 11. Thks again for all ur sincere thoughts. NR
    BS11 and MX60 are great companions you should definitely get more power from MX60 than BS11, hope you like it! I have both as well and they're great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niemrieng View Post
    try bs lyd first before you buy. I also feel that mx 60 is slow. bs lyd is much faster and it's not too stiff. I prefer BS LYD. good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whenry View Post
    try bs lyd first before you buy. I also feel that mx 60 is slow. bs lyd is much faster and it's not too stiff. I prefer BS LYD. good luck
    depend how u want racket perform to you. if u want net player like lyd go for bs lyd, but if u want all rounder but toward smasher like jjs then go for mx60...imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, MX60 is not lacking in speed and not so stiff also. Generally, it is very good in speed and power department! Nice racket as many in this thread has testified!

My 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    In fact, MX60 is not lacking in speed and not so stiff also. Generally, it is very good in speed and power department! Nice racket as many in this thread has testified!

My 2 cents
    yup, i dont know why mr whenry said mx60 is slow, it just a little bit slower compare to bs lyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, 60 is my first entry to MX series and it serves pretty well.
    Maneuver is definitely not as fast as BS series but it aint sluggish for double games.
    Pretty good power at correct timing as the shaft is mid flex.
    May be an issue for certain players like myself hahaha thus i've changed to MX80 and London.
    Still not able to generate enough power smashes for the 80 but is superb in other areas like shot placement control and both fast attacking (drives, net kill) / defensive play. The stiffness might cause sore arm and elbow tho when overdoing.
    That's when MXL comes in for less demanding and power play hahaha, it all depends on the game i guess ~ conclusion ... i LOVE the MX series
    Last edited by soulsync; 06-03-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, I pulled the trigger already so there's no coming back ^.^

still havent tried it on court yet... hardly wait till tonite...

this is my first try of MX series after a long time in love with BS (BS11 in particular)... hope it will turn out to be great.

I'm always feel uncomfortable to be a front man... and dont have much strength to handle too stiff rackets (my old Apac Lethal 50 felt like hammer when I used it)... love to be the back man but still need to go for the net sometimes...

will give u updates after trying my new baby on court...

@FYI: I like the LYD also, that's why I was torn between these two...

NR