User Tag List

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have juz back from 2hours playing wit my new mx60 It feels heavier than the bs11... So my weak defense suffers a bit... When receiving smashes, the block defense is great, but the life defense especially forehand is a bit weak (usually to midcourt and the opponent have chance to finish the rally). For the power aspect, it's great, managed to get some powerful ones. The smash is not so fast as my bs11 but heavier. The control is great, net block is great but the net kill is a bit off maybe becoz the racket is heavy a bit for me (honestly i'm not really so comfortable to be the front man). To conclude, hpi wit my decision, but still need some more time to fully control it. hope this helps anyone who wanna pull the trigger for mx60. thks for all the information and support from all members contributing to this thread.NR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to increase it maneuvering so that helping your defense i suggest u put 1-2g at but cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but i dunt understand wat u mean. We add some weight to make it less head heavy? NR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niemrieng View Post
    Sorry but i dunt understand wat u mean. We add some weight to make it less head heavy? NR
    in theory it will lower the balance point of the racket. it help to adjust your racket headheavy feeling without sacrifice power wise and also making easy to control and maneuver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every person has his own preference. I just want to emphasize that you need to try them all before you decide which one you want to buy. Otherwise you will regret it. I have BS10, BS09, MX80, MX60 and BS LYD. For me, MX80 and BS LYD is much faster than MX60. Power mx60 > lyd > mx80. Control mx80>lyd>mx60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    in theory it will lower the balance point of the racket. it help to adjust your racket headheavy feeling without sacrifice power wise and also making easy to control and maneuver.
    No, I don't think that'll will actually do anything. Adding weight to the bottom will make it feel head lighter, but it won't change the amount of head weight that you have to swing through the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    No, I don't think that'll will actually do anything. Adding weight to the bottom will make it feel head lighter, but it won't change the amount of head weight that you have to swing through the air.
    yup it not change head weight or anything, as i mentioned it just change how u feel the racket when u hold and swing. imo, when u feel head lighter then it helping u to manuever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    agreed. It's like saying that a head heavy racket will feel lighter if I wear a couple of rings on my fingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    agreed. It's like saying that a head heavy racket will feel lighter if I wear a couple of rings on my fingers.
    how it works?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    how it works?
    adding 1~2 grams at the buttcap = wearing 1 or 2 rings on my pinkie
    both will have minimal/no effect to the dynamics of the swing. Key point here is you need to consider your arm + racket as the whole system (and not just the racket).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Key point here is you need to consider your arm + racket as the whole system (and not just the racket).
    thks u for your technical advise and explaination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thks all for ur great advices.

@whenry: it's hard to try the rackets here without buying and I cant afford to buy all of them (that's sad)... but one of my fren will go for the BS LYD, I will borrow from him for some games...

@riffsuad, bakulaw, BlueTornado: this is all new to me... I will definitely try it... it's jewelry time...

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@riffsuad, bakulaw, BlueTornado: this is all new to me... I will definitely try it... it's jewelry time...
    no, no... what bakulaw and bluetornado are saying is that having a ring or not will have almost no effect on your swing weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

both will have minimal/no effect to the dynamics of the swing. Key point here is you need to consider your arm + racket as the whole system (and not just the racket).
    What kind of theory is this? Adding 1-2 grams at the buttcap or put a extra overgrip will change the BP of the racket but wearing 1 or 2 rings on the fingers with change the BP or SG of your body. Changing the BP of the racket will change the racket feel. If you don't believe me, try to put a extra overgrip or heavier PU grip and try again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What theory is this? Adding 1-2 grams to the buttcap or put a extra overgrip will change the BP of the racket. But wearing 1 or 2 rings on the fingers change the BP or SG of your body. Changing the BP of racket will change the feel of it. If you do not believe, you can try by putting a extra overgrip and test it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thks all for ur great advices.

@whenry: it's hard to try the rackets here without buying and I cant afford to buy all of them (that's sad)... but one of my fren will go for the BS LYD, I will borrow from him for some games...

indeed, it is very expensive and foolish like me to buy a new racket without trying it first. I did dry swing, but it is different from actually playing with the racket. I am not very patient to wait for my friend to buy it first, he he. Good luck with your new racket, I hope it will suit you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    no, no... what bakulaw and bluetornado are saying is that having a ring or not will have almost no effect on your swing weight
    yup. thanks for helping clear that up visor.

niemrieng, what riffsuad said is a common misconception but it won't actually change anything. no need to wear rings, unless you just want to be stylish.